Stranraer v Ayr last night

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was actually a better Stranraer team as they finished 3rd in the league that year. They finished 4th this year.

I think people bringing up Talbot's record against senior teams is a bit unfair. Nobody thinks we are better than or can really compete with league one and above teams. We do think we can compete with league 2 teams but we have never played one in a competaitive game. We have played Premier division Hearts, nobody expected us to beat them. We have also played Stirling Albion who got promoted from League 1 that year and Stranraer who finished 3rd in League one the year we played them so we have never played a bottom half league one team or a league 2 team who we would have a better chance of a result against.

PS We were drawn away in all these ties as well

Equally - your last 3 ties have been a defeat to Edinburgh City, needing a replay to get past BSC Glasgow, and a defeat to Cumbernauld Colts.

Equally - your last 3 ties have been a defeat to Edinburgh City, needing a replay to get past BSC Glasgow, and a defeat to Cumbernauld Colts.

Again all away. Not going to lie though, they are all poor results.

In fact the Colts one is embarassing

It's pretty obvious who the top junior clubs are without me listing them.

I certainly wasn't arguing that ALL Junior clubs could make the step up, but I'm sure you knew that already.

No it's not. See this is why people get pissed off. :lol:

There's not one junior club with a set up, stadium or crowds anywhere near as good as Stirlings yet here you are saying certain clubs would do much better than them? What a lot of nonsense it's the same old talking the talk because you know none of them will ever walk the walk. Kin Jakes purposely on the wind up but still.

No it's not. See this is why people get pissed off. :lol:

There's not one junior club with a set up, stadium or crowds anywhere near as good as Stirlings yet here you are saying certain clubs would do much better than them? What a lot of nonsense it's the same old talking the talk because you know none of them will ever walk the walk. Kin Jakes purposely on the wind up but still.

if it's not obvious then go and do your homework. I'm not spoonfeeding you.

if it's not obvious then go and do your homework. I'm not spoonfeeding you.

You don't have to.

Just name 3 clubs with a better set up, stadium and crowds than Stirling Albion in the juniors. 3 words will do.

I have to admit it's getting extremely annoying hearing this from him/her. They've got no idea about my club. Why should my club be playing non league. Who would we play against in a regionalised set up? Tayport/Carnoustie/Lochee/Broughty etc? How would we be able to attract players from all over the country to play in such a league? Why should we be shoved into the same league as clubs with absolutely no fan base/shit grounds/facilities etc etc etc? Why should we be playing regional non league football when we're perfectly fine and able to play in the senior national set up?

It's a total nonsense. Regional football would ruin us not help us and that goes for a lot of clubs. Nobody is interested in it.

Can understand Arbroath position but there is no point in you coming on berating junior fans for not engaging in any pyramid when in reality you really don't want it. Any pyramid will require regionalsation somewhere down the line...where it begins though is what troubles you. Sweden has a super league and super 1st below that it goes to a North/South structure then etc etc. Two nationwide leagues is also enough IMO for Scotland. End of day if your team is good enough they will be in one of them.

You don't have to.

Just name 3 clubs with a better set up, stadium and crowds than Stirling Albion in the juniors. 3 words will do.

Every Junior team who owns their ground has a better stadium than Albion as Albion don't own a ground

Can understand Arbroath position but there is no point in you coming on berating junior fans for not engaging in any pyramid when in reality you really don't want it. Any pyramid will require regionalsation somewhere down the line...where it begins though is what troubles you. Sweden has a super league and super 1st below that it goes to a North/South structure then etc etc. Two nationwide leagues is also enough IMO for Scotland. End of day if your team is good enough they will be in one of them.

I can understand regionalisation at some levels. If we got relegated we'd be in a regionalised league and that's fair game. But there's no reason to start regionalising leagues for clubs that are currently in the seniors as like I've explained were all better of playing nationally. That's the thing that's annoyed me from the start and the only reason I'm saying anything in this thread. Isa telling me where my club should be playing and what's better for my club. She/he's no idea. I'm not trying to berate anyone at all.

You don't have to.

I didn't say there were any Junior clubs with a better stadium and crowds  than SA.

This is the 2nd time you've taken my points, ignored them, and came back with a straw man argument.

It's getting tiresome. 

I didn't say there were any Junior clubs with a better stadium and crowds than SA.

This is the 2nd time you've taken my points, ignored them, and came back with a straw man argument.

It's getting tiresome.

Well then why do you think that they'd be very likely to be competing at a higher level than Stirling..?

Well then why do you think that they'd be very likely to be competing at a higher level than Stirling..?

Because the Junior sides are currently restricted by their own isolationist attitude but would - if well ran - be able to kick on and reach their full potential if they were part of a proper pyramid. I would have thought the Junior detractors would find this quite a reasonable and logical outlook given their low opinion of the Junior grade and high regard for their own. 

I'm happy to admit that SA would boss the Junior game as things stand, I also thing the top Junior clubs would struggle to finish in the top half of the 3rd division initially, but given time and a level playing field the margins would certainly narrow and some of the top Junior sides would find their natural level in the bottom couple of tiers. 

That's obviously just my opinion but I don't consider it particularly far fetched.

And that's totally fair game but it's annoying seeing people have a pop when they've no idea how the bigger junior clubs would do. I understand that there'll be people on here getting annoyed at things too but still. Maybe one day one will finally try walk the walk and it would be refreshing to see.

Anyway like I said only reason I've been on here is because of Isa telling me where my club shoul be playing and would be better off playing. No idea what they're talking about.

Anyway roll on next seasons Scottish. :P

And that's totally fair game but it's annoying seeing people have a pop when they've no idea how the bigger junior clubs would do. I understand that there'll be people on here getting annoyed at things too but still. Maybe one day one will finally try walk the walk and it would be refreshing to see.

Anyway like I said only reason I've been on here is because of Isa telling me where my club shoul be playing and would be better off playing. No idea what they're talking about.

Anyway roll on next seasons Scottish. :P

He is a Clown. Comment from another Arbroath fan about kipper boy lichtie mmmmhhhhaaaaa

Why the laugh. Its 100% correct. We could all have good grounds if the council build them for us.

Id rather have a nice council owned stadium than a run down shithole, you lot got floodlights yet?

Good evening you absolute walloper.

I can't wait until the Rosey Posey feck off to wherever they want either you bunch of corduroy wearing, conservative voting bunch of toffs.

The quicker you take your joke of a nickname away from our grade of football the better. It's embarrassing.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

linlithgow%20loch.jpg

When you see pictures like this, it definitely just screams junior football.

Beyond that unless or until the SFA actually wants a pyramid, it probably isn't going to happen. The SJFA blazers are not going to actively campaign to make the offices they hold within the game redundant and most people running clubs are not going to try to convince an AGM that a move to the EoS or SoS leagues to chase the SPFL dream is a good move. Most of the SPFL, LL and HL members are not going to appreciate a sudden influx of juniors clubs as full members looking for a slice of the subsidy action and making things much more hazardous for club 42, and they are the one that vote in the SFA officeholders that set policy directions, so the SFA officeholders know that the way to hang around longer than Gordon Smith is to push a "pyramid" that fits in the interests of the existing membership. So where does that leave us? With two parallel grades that most normal people can derive enjoyment from without getting into a them vs us arguments about it. It's all just football at the end of the day.

Archived