Stranraer v Ayr last night

The usual senior thicko suspects are always lurking over the Junior forum.

They have nothing positive to say about the Junior game but they are always lurking and trolling over the Junior forum.

If they are all like the wee Troon Troll then it's no surprise really.

Somebody chose to comment on the AyrvStranraer game in a junior forum.Where's the trolling? Nobody in the senior forum mentions junior games for obvious reasons.They don't have to big themselves up.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught this on Alba last night, Ayr stole a draw with a goal 4 minutes into time added that they scarcely deserved. However, not much sympathy for Stranraer as I watched them do that to Talbot two weeks in a row in the Senior Scottish, what goes around.............!

Anyway, it is a Junior forum and why bring this game up? Well a comparison to our Grade was what I was interested in. This was a game where the prize was promotion into the second highest league in the land. Now, don’t get me wrong, there were some good players on show and it was competitive. But it looked no higher a standard that the top Junior contests. The ground looked no better that a top Junior ground. 1600 in attendance (mostly Ayr fans) on a summer evening with a huge prize up for grabs.

What is my conclusion? It looked like a decent non-league match but no more, Stranraer have next to no support. Never mind, perhaps Edinburgh City should they win on Saturday will enrich the Seniors and give them a shot to the arm!

Why do feel the need to big yourselves up all the time?

Actually I agree with this as joining the pyramid would be the ruination of any junior team joining this set up in its current form.

Also any junior team would struggle financially in the senior set up and fans wouldn't be able to afford to attend games away.

I wasn't posting it to cause offence or belittle I just feel that Talbot are fine where they are.

Why do feel the need to big yourselves up all the time?

The OP was actually quite poor, while I've witnessed dire games at The Stadium of Light I've never thought that Ayr were a match for Sunderland, Newcastle, Liverpool etc. 

No offence taken.

I agree with the above.

No point in joining the pyramid in its current state and current financial state of senior football.

It would be financial suicide in my opinion.

Again.

Can you please explain why it is a financial state?

Eta: and don't use Ronny Deilas failures in Europe this time.

Your like a rabbit dug.

Coefficient involves more than one club and the international team involves more than one club..

What????

Anyway what does the co efficient have to do with Scottish football being a financial state?

Or are you just bandying about terms to try your best to put the senior game down because your no a part of it?

Clubs are healthy and thriving after a few very lean years and the problems Dundee/Dunfermline and Rangers have had, everyone has their finances in order after a period where a lot of clubs lived outwith their means, not that that's specific to Scotland mind you. Happens in all leagues.

Can you please expand on how Scottish football is a financial state?

No offence taken.

I agree with the above.

No point in joining the pyramid in its current state and current financial state of senior football.

It would be financial suicide in my opinion.

A junior fan saying the senior game is in a financial state...

Heard it all now fs

I don't have to explain anything at all to you.

You quite clearly don't have the capabilities to take it in.

Everyone knows there is no money in Scottish football.

Every club does not have their finances in order although some have made progress in that regard.

I will repeat it to you once again as you don't appear to have enough brains to tell you that you have indeed none. Nobody was having a go at senior football or stating that Talbot is bigger and better than the seniors.

The OP was a point of view on senior football in this country that attracted wee senior trolls like you who never had anything positive to say about the Junior game then you have the audacity to come onto the Junior forum and have a go at our level of football.

Run along now and have a pleasant evening.

No money in comparison to what? England??? Scottish games in a perfectly healthy place.

And there's been plenty of pops at the senior game right the way through this thread.

Archived