Stranraer v Ayr last night

It's that bad that Hibsed had Colin Montgomerie in goals.

If anything I think tonight showed, again, why the play offs have been another fantastic addition to Scottish football. Another thoroughly entertaining game to add to Hibs v Hamilton and Motherwell v Sevco. But of course, Scottish football is in a state..

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
100% right ma man. £15 to watch Ayr! My proposals make total sense, but the dead wood in the seniors will be too scared to try it, perhaps they should be!

Its ok itzdrk can afford it.

Do they charge to get in at the juniors?

Did I say the last time

Aye unfortunately we're one if the 5 scalps taken by a junior team in 10 year. It's like the Celtic fans going on about Barcelona.

My comment was pretty tongue in cheek. But juniors is a step up from amateur, yet you pay £6 to get into it? How can that be value for money yet watching the 24th best team in Scotland for an extra measly £9 be a rip off?

I wouldn't support Arbroath if we played regional football? What's the point? It would totally dilute any derbies. I support Arbroath because they're my hometown team and compete on a national stage. I have zero interest in non league football, I'd go and support Dundee United instead.

Arbroath could never attract players if we played all our games regionally. A lot of our players come from Edinburgh/Glasgow/Central belt and Ayrshire. They wouldn't sign for us if they had to come to Angus every single week.

Not one single senior club wants this because it's a fucking rotten idea. We all can, do and have played nationally for years. With absolutely zero problems. I know this might come as a surprise but everybody is perfectly happy with the way things are, I know it might be hard to look outside that junior bubble of yours but they are. Your idea is basically... 'Play local fitba!!!!!!'

And there's no such thing now, there IS a pyramid in place that can be joined by any club with the desire to meet the criteria. It's not a closed shop now and certainly not not a self preserved league.

Of course you will defend what you have to the hilt, it suites you and your club to tred water somewhere in the middle regions of what is known as a Senior Football. Truth is my good man that what you have could be better, but you will never take that risk!

You are getting yourself in a state over the fact that everybody else thinks Scottish fitba is in a terrible state while you think it's a state of affairs.

Everybody else doesn't. Everybody else has said over and over and over how much it's improved in the last 4 years after the Armageddon chat we were getting after the Rangers carry on.

Crowds best per head and up at nearly every club. Clubs all financially sound. Best TV deal we've had in years and an even better one with the LC restructure. Play offs introduced and a proper pyramid structure in place. It's anything but.

Of course you will defend what you have to the hilt, it suites you and your club to tred water somewhere in the middle regions of what is known as a Senior Football. Truth is my good man that what you have could be better, but you will never take that risk!

Could be better? By doing what?

The irony in that btw. Coming from a fan of a junior club that has no ambition to do anything but play local fitba you can watch for a fiver and beat other village teams to a cup and league every now and then?

Gid een.

Everybody else doesn't. Everybody else has said over and over and over how much it's improved in the last 4 years after the Armageddon chat we were getting after the Rangers carry on.

Crowds best per head and up at nearly every club. Clubs all financially sound. Best TV deal we've had in years and an even better one with the LC restructure. Play offs introduced and a proper pyramid structure in place. It's anything but.

Minor point I know but is it not Iceland who have the best crowds per head. TV deal is increased on the last deal but not as much as they had hoped to get., not helped by Doncaster et al talking down the product. The league cup deal is shit. Yes it's an increase in money but its to show 14 games instead of 4 so you are actually getting less per game.

Its also not a proper pyramid

The decline in Scotland's coefficient over the last decade is the second worst of all UEFA nations for a start.

Like I stated earlier, if you believe that Scottish football is in a good state then there is no point trying to tell you otherwise.

I admire your positive outlook, you are not often right but you are wrong again.

I'm away to my bed to dream of Scotland winning the World Cup

So wait. Rangers dying and being out of Europe for 4 years and Celtic spectacularly failing in Europe under Ronny Deila means the whole of Scottish football is in a state? Pretty sure that just means Celtic are in a state like..

Logic.

Minor point I know but is it not Iceland who have the best crowds per head. TV deal is increased on the last deal but not as much as they had hoped to get., not helped by Doncaster et al talking down the product. The league cup deal is shit. Yes it's an increase in money but its to show 14 games instead of 4 so you are actually getting less per game.

Its also not a proper pyramid

How does it matter how many games they're showing?? :lol: what difference does that actually make. The games would be getting played anyway!

And yeah Doncaster is a fud, looks like all the shite he spouts has got to your pal Quantum.

Crowds up, crowds good, finances good, play offs have made the leagues more exciting, there's a pyramid in place ( how is it not proper?) and the new league cup formats bagged an extra £2 million.

There's no way it's a state because Celtic have been shite under Deila. Utter nonsense.

We're a small country and the games in good shape up here. Improvements can be made, but we do not to badly.

We're most definitely not needing the bizarre restructure idea presented by Isa.

Wait

Scotland hasn't qualified for a major tournament in nearly 20 years.

There is no money in Scottish football.

Scottish football gets shortchanged from TV deals.

It's no kippers you are smoking is it.....

What's the national team got to do with it? Most of them play in England. We're talking about domestic football. And again the games not in a state because we failed to beat Georgia away and got put out of group.

The TV deal and sponsor isn't bad at all. Best we've had in years. All the kind of chat you're coming away with hasn't helped from Doncaster to be fair, you've sucked the Armageddon chat right up haven't you?

Facts say otherwise.

So wait. Rangers dying and being out of Europe for 4 years and Celtic spectacularly failing in Europe under Ronny Deila means the whole of Scottish football is in a state? Pretty sure that just means Celtic are in a state like..

Logic.

Woooft, your elaborate defence mechanism defending what you have in your perceived utopia that is Scottish Senior football is quite astonishing. Scottish football in the past had teams outside the Old Firm that could actually win a game in Europe now and again. In actual fact one got their hands on a trophy and another was one goal from the biggest final in this continent's club season. But why would you worry about that? Your team plods away fine and gets the hand outs. Yet you have the audacity to be condescending to a club who move on expand improve with only their own self generated income. Your strenuous defence of where your club are indicates that probably, without the hand outs, your club wouldn't hack it!

How wouldn't our club hack it? There's no junior clubs out there with an average crowd of 650-850?

Also you do realise football has changed dramatically yes? A club like Everton can vastly outspend clubs like Ajax now ffs.

Think it's as clear as day that some junior fans are so out of touch with professional/semi that they have no idea what they're talking about. Maybe best off just leaving you lot to your wee bubble. Have fun beating other mining villages within a 10 mile radius in the league next season, way to go Talbot. What a club.

Think it's as clear as day that some junior fans are so out of touch with professional/semi that they have no idea what they're talking about. Maybe best off just leaving you lot to your wee bubble. Have fun beating other mining villages within a 10 mile radius in the league next season, way to go Talbot. What a club.

Think it's clear you dont get listened to on your own forum that's why you come here. Have fun being mediocre every season till eternity lol

Have fun being mediocre every season till eternity lol

Pot kettle.

Who knows, maybe we will just start playing at Sunday league level and start winning cups and leagues left right and centre and claim to be successful like Talbot..

Pot kettle.

Who knows, maybe we will just start playing at Sunday league level and start winning cups and leagues left right and centre and claim to be successful like Talbot..

It would be a start for a follower of a kipper team. What's not to like. Yer mate you keep that up mmmhhhaaa

Scottish footballs pish because their old big team ended up a laughing stock and their new big team's heading the same way.

Archived