Stranraer v Ayr last night

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're on the outside looking in thinking you're a big deal. When it's the complete opposite. Nobody gives a f**k. If you want to join in then go ahead but if not don't. But don't start saying Scottish football should change its set up purely to include village outfits like yours. Mental.

My friend, your hostile retort and über defensiveness creates exactly the kind of blinkered attitude that I speak. I propose Scottish Football should change not to include village outfits but to enhance the over all game. Clubs who can bring something village or otherwise ( Ross County) should find their proper level. If you can subdue your hostility for a second, only an insular defensive stance would suggest that my club would not bring much to the table in an enlarged unified non league. They are widely accepted as one of the best run clubs around. Talbot are a good model on how to self regulate improve and sustain . Scottish football exists as a whole, and I include my grade , but is not moving forward. My club don't want to go into the Seniors, not because of lack of ambition they just are not attracted. I therefore was not making a claim for their admittance (point of accuracy) The fear of change and self preservation creates the status quo. But please, consider other possibilities and don't compound the problem by insisting there is nothing wrong with Senior Football, because like my grade and everything else we need change, of a radical variety!

Good grief :lol:.

I take it the answer is that Talbot still do not publish crowds, btw...?

In which case the next question is: do Talbot average more than say 500 in the league? 400? 300? In the absence of official figures and not following a club in question, one must go by the estimations of their own fans and others.

On this forum I've never seen it suggested Talbot average anything like 500. Stranraer do.

I can't see why the senior fans are falling for this shit because 99% of the Talbot support couldn't give a rats arse about senior football. I watch the Juniors because I enjoy the companionship of meeting up with my mates and I have an active interest in my club which is actually my hobby. Auchinleck has a population of 3,500 so although we are constantly berated for not taking an active interest in the Pyramid we know that we cannot possibly bring anything to the table. Senior football is senior football and how it is run is not my concern. I love my Juniors and would never change it. Isobel is a special force put on this earth to wind up the thin skinned. If you have fallen for her wiley ways then you deserve to be hot under the collar.

Good grief :lol:.

I take it the answer is that Talbot still do not publish crowds, btw...?

In which case the next question is: do Talbot average more than 500 in the league? 400? 300? In the absence of official figures and not following a club in question, one has to go by the estimations of fans and others.

On this forum I've never seen it suggested Talbot average anything like 500. Stranraer do.

Well I'm not at liberty to guess it is hard to say, there are not many clubs bring a good support these days, but fair to say that some games have significantly more, some less, take out of that what you will. However, what I found surprising about the game at Stranraer was that there was not one fan in their social club prior to the game, and I would say they had no where near 500 fans at the game. As I said not having a pop at them but can I suggest that this, for Senior club slap bang in the middle of the Senior set up is indicative of the middle to lower reaches. Now remember, you are justifying a team at that level having avarage crowds of 500 against a team from four levels below who brought one of the biggest away supports to their ground for years outside Rangers. Forget the fact that it just happened to be my club, it matters not a jot, I suggest that what it does is indicates a certain imbalance, a clear sign that something is skewed. Would you not consider my proposal might actually work!

I can't see why the senior fans are falling for this shit because 99% of the Talbot support couldn't give a rats arse about senior football. I watch the Juniors because I enjoy the companionship of meeting up with my mates and I have an active interest in my club which is actually my hobby. Auchinleck has a population of 3,500 so although we are constantly berated for not taking an active interest in the Pyramid we know that we cannot possibly bring anything to the table. Senior football is senior football and how it is run is not my concern. I love my Juniors and would never change it. Isobel is a special force put on this earth to wind up the thin skinned. If you have fallen for her wiley ways then you deserve to be hot under the collar.

Genuinely a very good post. Everybody goes to support their own clubs for these reasons too, it's good to hear.

It's just annoying hearing people, who are looking in from the outside, saying things in the seniors should change. It's perfectly fine the way it is. Nobody wants it to change. There's no desire from fans or clubs for it to change to the ways that are always suggested.

It's an open thing now, anyone can join in if they want to, if they don't want to fine, but don't start criticising the way things are and suggesting changes when you're not even involved.

You could meet up with your mates and have an active interest in your club no matter what the structure they played in. I think junior football is an absolute bag of spanners which I need to put up with because that's where my team happen to play.

That is the important part from Talbot fans, Talbot would have the following of an East Stirling or thereabouts once failure kicks in, they'd need a fortune for that failure to kick in at a decent level.

You could meet up with your mates and have an active interest in your club no matter what the structure they played in. I think junior football is an absolute bag of spanners which I need to put up with because that's where my team happen to play.

I don't think that would happen my cord wearing friend. If a Tuesday night game saw Talbot travelling to Elgin I'm more than sure that many of them myself included would not be there due to work commitments, or better still  not wanting to break the curfew in the nursing home.

That is the important part from Talbot fans, Talbot would have the following of an East Stirling or thereabouts once failure kicks in, they'd need a fortune for that failure to kick in at a decent level.

Talking of fortunes . How much would a club like Ayr get from the league or sfa at the beginning of each season ? Doesn't have to be an exact amount just a ball park figure.

Talking of fortunes . How much would a club like Ayr get from the league or sfa at the beginning of each season ? Doesn't have to be an exact amount just a ball park figure.

This year, £90,370.00.

Of course this is part of being a member meeting all the criteria etc required to play in the SPFL.

All 42 clubs share £21.1 million.

Just like every other professional league in the world the member clubs will be rewarded by how well they do. Celtic get £2.82 million right down to Shire who get £37,980.00.

This league is now open to anybody to join, if they meet the criteria of course, you cannot moan about it.

I consider that radical change would benifit all. Scotland by population and size cannot sustain that amount of Senior football clubs.

I dont fully disagree but i do disagree with just kicking teams out the league. A large national league which is below league one but above the highland and lowland separate from the SPFL might be an answer but you would have to give a few seasons warning for 'fairness'

We need smaller more elite Senior leagues and a bigger more vibrant unified non league. Where do my team fit in? Top end non league or there about, with Stranraer and loads of other clubs who currently enjoy senior status.

So my forum adversary, I am not championing the cause of my own club or grade, merely frustrated at the lack of fore sight by those in charge. The continuous acceptance that the top leagues are anything approaching the real deal in their present form is blinkered as is the view that those who don't agree are unambitious and insular, when perhaps the opposite is true.

So you think Talbot are in the top 25 clubs in Scotland?

If that is the case they would be a top league one side not non league.

This year, £90,370.00.

Of course this is part of being a member meeting all the criteria etc required to play in the SPFL.

All 42 clubs share £21.1 million.

Just like every other professional league in the world the member clubs will be rewarded by how well they do. Celtic get £2.82 million right down to Shire who get £37,980.00.

This league is now open to anybody to join, if they meet the criteria of course, you cannot moan about it.

Thanks sir

No moaning just always wondered how much teams got over the season

Our running costs for the season are around that & we have to raise every penny through sponsorship,fundraising, gate receipts etc . Just putting things into perspective . Would love for us to join a pyramid system but don't feel the current set up is a pyramid per say but that arguments for another day

It's a bag of spanners because they play in the east region.

Get it right.

Nah. It's a bag of spanners when you go to a club like Forfar and you realise how far in front of the juniors they are with their set up - even with their shitey floodlights.

I dont fully disagree but i do disagree with just kicking teams out the league. A large national league which is below league one but above the highland and lowland separate from the SPFL might be an answer but you would have to give a few seasons warning for 'fairness'

So you think Talbot are in the top 25 clubs in Scotland?

If that is the case they would be a top league one side not non league.

Where did you get 25 from?

I would agree with that.Talbot know turning senior isn't on.Even if if they were winning there isn't the catchment area to provide all that much of an increase in support.Then again how many would watch Talbot if it was about £15 to get in? After watching juniors for about 10 years I went to the Ayr v Peterhead game last week.Different ball game altogether from the juniors.

I honestly don't think there would be much in it Catakoom even with Talbots current form.

Don't you believe it for a minute.Have saw Talbot over the years.Was at Ayr v Peterhead on Sat.Talbot would lose.

Archived