Stranraer v Ayr last night

Good God, to quote a famous line in a film, explain like I'm a four year old, I never at any stage claimed Talbot should be in Senior football. This is like kinder garden, seriously!

You have taken a bite Isa. Saw it coming a mile of lol

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the Falkirk Hibs play off. It looked like four leagues above Stranraer Ayr in every aspect. Conversely the Stranraer Ayr tie did not look four leagues above top Junior. This backs my point. Now here is my proposal. Two leagues in Senior Football, top league full time second league must have potential to go full time. Non league of four divisions regional with play offs, top two have accesses to Senior Cup with a national non league cup.

Simples! Wake up and smell the coffee guys, you know I am a visionary!

Just watched the Falkirk Hibs play off. It looked like four leagues above Stranraer Ayr in every aspect. Conversely the Stranraer Ayr tie did not look four leagues above top Junior. This backs my point. Now here is my proposal. Two leagues in Senior Football, top league full time second league must have potential to go full time. Non league of four divisions regional with play offs, top two have accesses to Senior Cup with a national non league cup.

BOOM!!!! isa is back in the room :-D

Lol brilliant

Or beithed it?

Oops gave that a negative, apparently it can't be changed, that will just show you what a positive guy I am, I had no idea you can't change a negative.

Whit kinda coffee Isa

Best crowds per head of population in Europe. Can't be that bad.

Why is it a state?

Most expensive entrance prices in top league per European quotient would be a more pertinent stat. Anybody who thinks Scottish football at ALL levels is not a vastly inferior product is deluded.

Sounds like fun to me.

When do we start ?

The part time clubs would never go for this as they know there will be less of their annual payout as there will be more mouths to feed . Imagine an English style pyramid had been in place over the last 20 years? Where would your East Stirlings & Montroses be just now? The so called pyramid in place is just now is a self preservation society .

The part time clubs would never go for this as they know there will be less of their annual payout as there will be more mouths to feed . Imagine an English style pyramid had been in place over the last 20 years? Where would your East Stirlings & Montroses be just now? The so called pyramid in place is just now is a self preservation society .

100% right ma man. £15 to watch Ayr! My proposals make total sense, but the dead wood in the seniors will be too scared to try it, perhaps they should be!

I wouldn't support Arbroath if we played regional football? What's the point? It would totally dilute any derbies. I support Arbroath because they're my hometown team and compete on a national stage. I have zero interest in non league football, I'd go and support Dundee United instead.

Arbroath could never attract players if we played all our games regionally. A lot of our players come from Edinburgh/Glasgow/Central belt and Ayrshire. They wouldn't sign for us if they had to come to Angus every single week.

Not one single senior club wants this because it's a fucking rotten idea. We all can, do and have played nationally for years. With absolutely zero problems. I know this might come as a surprise but everybody is perfectly happy with the way things are, I know it might be hard to look outside that junior bubble of yours but they are. Your idea is basically... 'Play local fitba!!!!!!'

And there's no such thing now, there IS a pyramid in place that can be joined by any club with the desire to meet the criteria. It's not a closed shop now and certainly not not a self preserved league.

100% right ma man. £15 to watch Ayr! My proposals make total sense, but the dead wood in the seniors will be too scared to try it, perhaps they should be!

£6 to watch glorified amateur football?!?!?!?!?

Archived