Motherwell @ Celtic

After the rip-roaring success of my last match thread, I'm starting a new one for this end of season nail-biter.

Lasley suspended, along with Griffiths, and Brown injured for that mob.

Unlikely to have as much fun as December, when I was in hospitality and ate five pies at half time, but nonetheless, could be fun?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last games of the season like this are only interesting when an unexpected player does the big wave at the end of the game and you know they're offski - so I'd be worried about seeing Marvin or Moult doing anything at the end of the game. 

Other than that - the game will only be interesting to see Celtic fans try to whip up some contrived celebrations to try to pretend that this season has been anything other than a dismal trudge and one of the most boring title wins in their history.

McGhee should play the Youth Cup winning team and let the 1st team spend the afternoon getting pished in the city centre.

I think we'll pick up points here. Won't be going though.

I'm going to the Queens Park v Clyde match.  Half the price and there is something at stake.  And if I am going to sit in a giant atmosphere-less bowl and see another teams supporters celebrate at full time I'd rather it was at Hampden.

6-0 Lanarkshire's finest and 50,000 unwashed degenerates crying into their tricolours.

50,000?

Have you not heard we only get 15,000 at games this season using the anti-seville calculator on p&b.

Also if you are going today any crowd pics must be taken before kick off or at half-time as a general rule of Griffiths.

Anyway hopeing for a good open game today, both teams have little to lose. No Lasley or Brown will prevent any sh*tebaggery going on.

Celtic team: (4-2-3-1) Gordon; Lustig, Ambrose, Sviatchenko, Tierney; McGregor, Johansen; Roberts, Rogic, Armstrong; Christie

Wit. Christie up front? Don't really know if he's every played there before, suppose it doesn't really matter but we could have gave one of the development squad a chance today. Again with Efe at CB ( :wub: ), certain to concede

3 at the back for us. Really pleased to see Turnbull make the bench. Interested to see how Watt gets on as he's looked decent at centre half when I've seen him there for the 20s.

Ripley,

Watt Hall McManus

Cadden Gomis Pearson Johnson

Ainsworth Moult McDonald

Subs: Samson, Laing, Chalmers, Kennedy, Leitch, Thomas, Turnbull

Another team scudded by the imperious celtic, on their way to another title triumph.

Yet they hounded the manager who won them 3 trophies in two years.

Archived