CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Would have been happy if Kirkpatrick had stayed but shedding no tears for McLaughlin.

I really want to hear that Smith and LInton are staying. Slightly worried about the silence.

Not a week since the season finished wouldn't panic yet 😊

Would have been happy if Kirkpatrick had stayed but shedding no tears for McLaughlin.

I really want to hear that Smith and LInton are staying. Slightly worried about the silence.

Ferguson said after Saturday we had 6 players signed for next season not a bad start agree would like Linton and Smith to stay

Kilpatrick certainly had loads of ability but agreed, went AWOL in games too often. In saying that I would have liked him to stay, but not the end of the world totally anonymous in both QP games when we needed him.

McLaughlin on the other hand...we can do better. Ironically he had one of his better games at Hampden last week but generally not offered much. Like the rest of our midfield no real pace or creativity.

I wont miss Kirkpatrick, Decent player but not as good as made out on forums etc. On his day very good but lots of invisable shifts.

NEXT

Played best games down the middle would have kept him

Rather than saying Kirkpatrick went AWOL in games, why not ask why? No surprise a technical midfielder drifted out of matches when we played long balls constantly.

Make no mistake, this is a massive blow. 3 goals and 3 assists in 10 games (that's probably 10 goals lost from the team for next season), the ability to break through a defensive line with a run or pass and good football intelligence as well both offensively and defensively. Made Linton a better player as well. Really disappointing.

Rather than saying Kirkpatrick went AWOL in games, why not ask why? No surprise a technical midfielder drifted out of matches when we played long balls constantly.

Make no mistake, this is a massive blow. 3 goals and 3 assists in 10 games (that's probably 10 goals lost from the team for next season), the ability to break through a defensive line with a run or pass and good football intelligence as well both offensively and defensively. Made Linton a better player as well. Really disappointing.

This. Can't blame the boy but will definitely be a big loss. Showed enough to suggest, if better utilised in a more dynamic outfit next season, would have been worth plenty of goals/assists. Pity.

Early days I know but losing players to Alloa sums us up really. I'm a bit worried for next season. I do wonder if players currently here and due to come in were hoping for league one football.

Alloa, are a higher league team and just came outbid a league with Rangers & Hibs. Our wage budget will be mid table our league level. So what is there to sum up?

Early days I know but losing players to Alloa sums us up really. I'm a bit worried for next season. I do wonder if players currently here and due to come in were hoping for league one football.

Pretty poor post

Alloa have , Minted chairman, Own ground, Rent their pitch our up to 7days a week and just out a league that brought them fair bit of income from Hibs. Sevco and the rest...

We have......

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Arbroath forfar Cowdenbeath all probably the three biggest budgets, more than we can offer, people don't realise the players Barrys trying to get but can't because other teams can just outbid us prunty was meant to be coming to us until Arbroath offered a huge bit more than we could.

Edited by Only one David Marsh