CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Did PJ play the midweek game at stirling we won 2v1. There was a right sided player who gave us a hard time esp 1st half & barring a great save from waters just before HT would have made it 2-0...Not sure if it was him or lamont.....

That was him and granted he did play well that night. He was also the player who "handball'd" the 2nd penalty.

Never knew that, just thought he was off to another club. He's close enough to 40 to be a serious option for Barry though...

Haha, perhaps Barry can tempt him back. Although he might need to wait a few years 'til he reaches Marvin Andrews' age.

Thommo's now focused on pursuing a career in the media - or at least that's what he told me - so I'm guessing you'll see him more often on Sportscene than on a football pitch for the foreseeable.

Your club needs a new manager Barry Fergusons turnover of playing staff us way beyond unrealistic it's like a spoilt child getting time after time to get it right then daddy patting him on the back your club would have sacked him by now if he wasn't who he is

Haha, perhaps Barry can tempt him back. Although he might need to wait a few years 'til he reaches Marvin Andrews' age.

Thommo's now focused on pursuing a career in the media - or at least that's what he told me - so I'm guessing you'll see him more often on Sportscene than on a football pitch for the foreseeable.

Sportscene is dreadful. At least he'll be better than Craig Levein on it!

Very happy with the signings, particularly at full back where we have needed strengthening since BF took over.

Flynn also looks cracking signing.

Still concerned we haven't got a striker in, which could be the key to serious title challenge or playoffs again. Let's hope we get the right guy in fairly quickly.

Far too early to say who will be title contenders, but also been impressed by the Smokies signings so far.

Edited by macclyde+

Time will tell but on paper, a back four of McNeil, McNiff, Smith and Lowdon looks slightly stronger than Durie, Marko, Smith, McMann. Of course, another big factor is the goalkeeer behind that defence which we'll still need to get sorted. Like a few others have said, I'd have loved to get McMann back for next season but Lowdon seems like a good replacement and, as much as I love Marko, it's good to have him available in reserve as opposed to relying on him to be first choice at 40 years old.

Time will tell but on paper, a back four of McNeil, McNiff, Smith and Lowdon looks slightly stronger than Durie, Marko, Smith, McMann. Of course, another big factor is the goalkeeer behind that defence which we'll still need to get sorted. Like a few others have said, I'd have loved to get McMann back for next season but Lowdon seems like a good replacement and, as much as I love Marko, it's good to have him available in reserve as opposed to relying on him to be first choice at 40 years old.

Would say that's a lot better back four than last season

Think it's a better back 4 than last year, with a lot more pace in it which we severely lacked in defence last season.

Looks like we have a bit more pace in midfield with Johnston and Flynn.

Pleased with the signings, hoping we sign a few more like it and keep the majority of the good ones from this year.

According to one of our recent signings, we are going with a central back 3 of junior centre, mcniff left sided and another new c**t at right sided.

Lowden and Mcneill wing backs of a 5.

A bit like how Barry wanted to play last season if I'm right? Livi away first game he tried the 352?

Leaves not much room for fergie again though.

Edited by DeanMck

So Linton's away then.

A goalkeeper and a striker and I'll be optimistic that we have a squad decent enough to challenge. Need to wait and see who's staying though.