CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

24 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Absolute bollocks. Who exactly are you, or anyone, to throw around back-handed insults about anyone else?? You praise the fans for support (i don't need nor WANT your praise, fwiw....it was directed to the team, NOT the regime) then turn on those same people for open and fair criticism. 

And....yet another Clyde great's name dragged through the mud by sycophantic cheerleaders. We're still shite, in a shite league, and lucky to still be in the Cup, for all this 'great performance' was worth. I'm not under my rock, yet...none of us are. 

f**k of and suport some other team if your no happy cos folk are fed up of your pish

42 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:
3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Absolute bollocks. Who exactly are you, or anyone, to throw around back-handed insults about anyone else?? You praise the fans for support (i don't need nor WANT your praise, fwiw....it was directed to the team, NOT the regime) then turn on those same people for open and fair criticism. 

And....yet another Clyde great's name dragged through the mud by sycophantic cheerleaders. We're still shite, in a shite league, and lucky to still be in the Cup, for all this 'great performance' was worth. I'm not under my rock, yet...none of us are. 

Which was particularly unnecessary when Carrigan was more than capable of doing that himself…

What an atmosphere that was on Saturday. It's amazing what a bit of positivity from the stands can do for a team. Great performance and a good game too, even if we did only get a draw out of it. It's a pity people only come out to run their mouths when things are going badly. The moment we show a bit of fight and a bit of positivity no one has anything to say.

Well suppose your getting the reaction you wanted , it was a good game and the team (apart from the goals) gave a fighting performance . If you think that makes everything suddenly ok good for you

May have escaped you attention but we are 5th in lowest tier of Scottish football and haven't won in 7 games with no money to bring in any new players and still looking around for a permanent base no Chairman or CEO

The fans were superb on Saturday it's now up to the players to produce that type of performance every game if they do we might make the play offs and with the possibility of Easton and Lowden back in the team you never know

Decent centre-half in his day, him. A Peaso-era player with St Johnstone; perhaps he called in the favour.

Assuming he's fit and serious about a last hurrah, I'd take him. No bother. We're itching for that sort of dependability in the middle of the defence.

Decent centre-half in his day, him. A Peaso-era player with St Johnstone; perhaps he called in the favour.

Assuming he's fit and serious about a last hurrah, I'd take him. No bother. We're itching for that sort of dependability in the middle of the defence.

Decent pedigree as you suggest and could be the experienced leader/organiser we need back there.

On the other hand turns 37 in May and been playing junior for the last 2 seasons so could be finished.

Worth a punt possibly if he seems fit enough.

I'm absolutely certain that there is nothing the players/manager could possibly muster up which would incite a positive response from *ahem* particular individuals, short of a Leicester-esq season end. Even then it would probably only warrant the usual hiatus. Always refreshing to hear such optimism as always! [emoji4]

That was definitely the best response from the fans I've witnessed all season, and it reflected with the performance. If you attended more games or even took the blinkers off for 90mins you would perhaps appreciate that better.

Newsflash: just because a team is below you in the league does not mean that victory is a formality. Pretty sure even Jamesy Lawd knows that. Stirling are a stubborn unit and always presented a danger on the counter, something I'm sure the team were more than aware of and compensated for accordingly.

It's not "happy clappers" who pick on the players either. Gibson was solid with little to do and no chance against Bikey's two goals, and Gormley had a decent game once again. These players are not above criticism given their prior escapes this season and last, but thoroughly deserve praise for their performances on Saturday. Higgins remains a complete passenger as always, and over the last two games Phil Johnston has been absolutely chronic. MacDonald proving absolutely invaluable once again, undoubtedly the most consistent and hands down player of the season!

Brilliant Slags off fans for negativity then slaughters half the team ha ha

Conversely there is nothing your chums on the board can do that you critise :)

I'm absolutely certain that there is nothing the players/manager could possibly muster up which would incite a positive response from *ahem* particular individuals, short of a Leicester-esq season end. Even then it would probably only warrant the usual hiatus. Always refreshing to hear such optimism as always! [emoji4]

That was definitely the best response from the fans I've witnessed all season, and it reflected with the performance. If you attended more games or even took the blinkers off for 90mins you would perhaps appreciate that better.

Newsflash: just because a team is below you in the league does not mean that victory is a formality. Pretty sure even Jamesy Lawd knows that. Stirling are a stubborn unit and always presented a danger on the counter, something I'm sure the team were more than aware of and compensated for accordingly.

It's not "happy clappers" who pick on the players either. Gibson was solid with little to do and no chance against Bikey's two goals, and Gormley had a decent game once again. These players are not above criticism given their prior escapes this season and last, but thoroughly deserve praise for their performances on Saturday. Higgins remains a complete passenger as always, and over the last two games Phil Johnston has been absolutely chronic. MacDonald proving absolutely invaluable once again, undoubtedly the most consistent and hands down player of the season!

All the ills of the club ? Definitely the fans fault

Was away last week, and was gutted to miss the game.

Came on here for a decent review of the match, and guess what - all I find are the same comments from the same Clyde fans slagging off other Clyde fans.

After losing 3-0, going on more, there a couple of weeks earlier I'm happy with the 2-2 draw (which also means I can go to the replay).

Also, should we get past Stirling, I don't see any reason why we can't make the quarter-final. Ok, Ayr will be odds on favourites, but its not a game we can't win if we play our best and things go our way.

Finally, are there highlights of Saturday's game anywhere?

Decent pedigree as you suggest and could be the experienced leader/organiser we need back there.

On the other hand turns 37 in May and been playing junior for the last 2 seasons so could be finished.

Worth a punt possibly if he seems fit enough.

Would rather have Marko back. Rutkiewicz is playing for Irvine Meadow who aren't even in the junior top flight these days. I think he's pretty much done at this level.

Was away last week, and was gutted to miss the game.
Came on here for a decent review of the match, and guess what - all I find are the same comments from the same Clyde fans slagging off other Clyde fans.
After losing 3-0, going on more, there a couple of weeks earlier I'm happy with the 2-2 draw (which also means I can go to the replay).
Also, should we get past Stirling, I don't see any reason why we can't make the quarter-final. Ok, Ayr will be odds on favourites, but its not a game we can't win if we play our best and things go our way.
Finally, are there highlights of Saturday's game anywhere?

There's a thread on the cup section on the Stirling game. It's pretty much Groundhog Day in here though.

Who was the last player to score 16 goals in a season for us, by any chance? Bare in mind I've came in here not reading the last three pages of shite. Genuine question.

Harty

Edited by Chris_DK

Who even claimed this ever? I for one most certainly didn't in the above, or anywhere else on this forum for that matter.

Polly want a cracker. Polly want a cracker.

Be a good little soldier now and leave the reverberated, dejected warblings to Mr. Glass-Half-Empty (aka Eloquent Pisshead) already, at least he has a real burning passion for it rather than a half-assed attempt. Also feel free to boost his already inflated self-importance with yet another like while you're at it [emoji106]

Off you pop and report back to your chums on the board and get your instructions for the next dozen odd posts :)

Should get you a seat on the team bus for the next away trip to Elgin or maybe a bit of hospitality :)

17 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Off you pop and report back to your chums on the board and get your instructions for the next dozen odd posts :)

Should get you a seat on the team bus for the next away trip to Elgin or maybe a bit of hospitality :)

lol everyone nows your just a bumlicker thay should change the like buton to a bumlicker buton

Aye right enough, 17 total from all competitions during 2004/05 apparently. Peaso should smash that this season surely if he keeps up his current form, hard to see him not surpass it now really

I hope we are able to convince MacDonald to stay for next season too.
Not only for his goals but also for his hold up play which I think has been really good.

3 hours ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Brian Carrigan's awfully quiet for a poster with so much to say, is he not??

I'm quiet because people like you are a nightmare. I tried to come on here and leave a bit of a positive comment about the game on Saturday only to have empty-headed broken records like yourself try and rip me to shreds. No one is pretending that things are ok behind the scenes. We all know the club is a shambles. The least we can do as fans is turn up on Saturdays and get behind the boys on the park wearing the jersey of the club we love so much because a strong, passionate support can do a hell of a lot to gee up the boys on the park. Why would they want to play out their skin for a support that shouts about how shite they are every week? No matter where you go in the home stand at Broadwood you can always hear a "McNiff is this" or a "Higgins is that", so why would they give that extra for you? That's all I meant. As for people saying that the support has been as good as it was on Saturday for the whole season, you are just plain wrong. Saturday was different, we were all buzzing. Maybe you're just annoyed because we were drowning out your verbal vomit. I never intended to say a corner has been turned, just that a cracking support can make a difference as we all seen on Saturday. Saying that, you probably got your info on the game from the cup thread and the 45 second highlights on Sportscene.

I'm quiet because people like you are a nightmare. I tried to come on here and leave a bit of a positive comment about the game on Saturday only to have empty-headed broken records like yourself try and rip me to shreds.

You didn't just come on to leave a positive comment though, did you?

You had a pop about people running their mouths and then being very quiet.

This implies you think it's wrong for fans to be unhappy with a run of 7 games without a win, in probably the shitest league in Europe. Or that putting in a shift and getting an acceptable result at Stirling should be seen as some astonishing achievement. Putting in a shift and fighting for the cause should be the bare minimum that's acceptable.

Fans will respond to the performance on the park. There was less negativity as the performance was improved. Criticism has been more than justified lately so your point was utter pish.