CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

It's as plain as the nose on your face.

We all see individual errors costing us points practically every match.

How many points have individual errors cost this season?

The club hierarchy, as I've stated before, can be blamed for many things but not for our goalkeeper fumbling shots, defenders ball watching,failing to clear the ball or missing a tackle, midfielders not tracking their man or strikers putting the ball over the bar from 6 yards out.

So why did you want Ferguson removed?

20 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

We are facing going out the league and you think it's the best strategy to have two guys who have no managerial experience in charge ?

This idea that we have to be grateful that the team are giving effortemoji23.png

So your buisness is in danger of going down the tubes let's put a couple of inexperienced guys in charge, by the way who picks the team ? Do they get 5 picks each?

I'm not blaming either of the guys in charge the responsibility for that is goes right to the top

They may well be the best two for the job though. Or maybe a couple of guys were sounded out and said no. Or maybe they've got a real target who isn't available yet. Or maybe there's absolutely no money to pay anyone else wages? There is a reason of course that we don't know...

I would 100% agree that the board are coming across at this stage as extremely static. No chairman, still no stadium move. No comment about the manager appointment. Even their club insight thing has ground to a halt after a couple of weeks (was Bob Malcolm doing it?). No doubt work is being done behind the scenes (and I am ever appreciative of that) but how they expect a manager to show leadership when they have no presence within the club is beyond me. They take just as much responsibility for the general feeling of depression around the club, hard work or no hard work.

So why did you want Ferguson removed?

He signed the squad and failed to develop any of them into better players. He had two and a half seasons to get it right and we were going backwards.

I felt he continuously selected players who were not performing and he seemed to be out of ideas.

He had lost the support of the fans.

A lack of fan support and the negative atmosphere that was starting to engulf the club may have led to a continuing downward spiral. We needed to do something. The cup run may have been a curse as it extended Ferguson's reign.

I'm not too keen on players from within the squad taking over, particularly co-managers but they have at least tried things differently from Ferguson (including dropping Higgins and playing Johnston further forward etc).

He signed the squad and failed to develop any of them into better players. He had two and a half seasons to get it right and we were going backwards.

I felt he continuously selected players who were not performing and he seemed to be out of ideas.

He had lost the support of the fans.

A lack of fan support and the negative atmosphere that was starting to engulf the club may have led to a continuing downward spiral. We needed to do something. The cup run may have been a curse as it extended Ferguson's reign.

I'm not too keen on players from within the squad taking over, particularly co-managers but they have at least tried things differently from Ferguson (including dropping Higgins and playing Johnston further forward etc).

So it was Ferguson's fault not individual errors ?

3 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

It was Ferguson's fault for not dealing correctly with the individual errors.

Dropping someone as soon as they make a mistake is not the way to fix it. Never has been and never will be.

Once the players are on the park they are responsible for the individual errors that have cost us many wins, draws and points.

Ferguson is responsible for putting them on the park.

How many points would you estimate individual errors have cost us this season? I'd suggest we would be well clear of the relegation playoffs and probably be in a promotion playoff position.

Once the players are on the park they are responsible for the individual errors that have cost us many wins, draws and points.

Ferguson is responsible for putting them on the park.

How many points would you estimate individual errors have cost us this season? I'd suggest we would be well clear of the relegation playoffs and probably be in a promotion playoff position.

ok let's say its Ferguson fault who gave him an extension on his contract after we lost the cup tie in the highlands ?

Thats just not true. The support cannot be accused of creating a negative feel at all, im just not having that. 

You misinterpreted my post. I did not say the fans created the negatively. That was the fault of the players and the managerial team.

It was obvious that Ferguson had lost the trust of the fans to solve the problems on the park. That cannot be denied.

ok let's say its Ferguson fault who gave him an extension on his contract after we lost the cup tie in the highlands ?

I thought that was a mistake at the time. He had not shown anything that indicated he deserved an extension. I didn't understand the rationale behind that decision.

I personally believe its time that Clyde, Albion and Airdrie form to make a Lanarkshire super club.

Just think about it, they'd be better than the absolute cloggers Motherwell and Hamilton and would easily be a Premiership side.

If we were in the relegation playoffs and managed to stay up, Would you celebrate staying up? I'm not sure I would considering the expectations we had this year.

You should tbh, a very lucky escape if it happens.

If we merged you'd only move up 3 places mate.

Clyde have a history. Scottish Cup winners not once, not twice but three times.

Gutted for your deer shagging mob who are, and have always been, an irrelevance, thought you were a Celtic fan anyway?

Regardless.... get them merged.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Gutted for your deer shagging mob who are, and have always been, an irrelevance, thought you were a Celtic fan anyway?

Aye Arbroath is famous for its herds of deer strutting around the place:lol:

Tbf Arbroath are going for the league title while you'll be lucky to remain an SPFL side.

Deer shagging may just be the best insult I've ever seen levelled at Arbroath, superb. :lol: