Welcome East Stirlng

Queenserse

Extract from SPFL website and current rules -

8. ADMISSION MONIES AND SHARE OF GATES8.1. In all rounds of the Competition, excluding the Semi-Finals and Final Tie, the Board Minimum Recommended Prices of Ground Admission or the actual minimum admission price, whichever is the greater for adults, juveniles and senior citizens shall, after deducting 15% by the Home Club, be divided equally between the two Clubs participating in each tie. Prior to the commencement of the Competition in each Season, the Board shall fix the Minimum Recommended Prices of Ground Admission. The share of admission money in terms of this Regulation must be paid to the Visiting Club within ten days of the date of the relevant League Cup Match. Any Club failing to pay, detail or return as before provided, or any Club failing immediately to report non-payments of receipts due to it, shall be dealt with as the Board may think fit.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell Rangers Stranraer and Annan, brilliant cup draw. Rangers away and were laughing.

The Hobbits vs the Orcs - every chance of a potential upset if The Shire play with nothing to lose. Either a decent result against them or Motherwell would set them nicely up for the rest of the season.

Very interesting 'meet the manager' at the Shire Supporters Club meeting tonight. Sludden spoke very well at his plans for the season and I'm personally feeling really positive about the new season as he appears, after listening to him, a very disciplined manager who takes nae shite.

Very ambitious looking to get ties with Rangers and Celtic however. Slightly disappointed that some of the players have decided not to fix their wrong doings but absolutely delighted that we have resigned Kris Faulds and also his son Paul Sludden for the new season. A sign that we mean business and want to get back up as soon as possible if there ever was one.

I would agree with craigie, John spoke very well last night. I also thought our chairman Alan spoke calmly about our future allaying any  fears that many of us had going into the future 

Why would Celtic or Rangers want to be connected to East Stirling?

Sluddens proposed plan is to use his contacts at the clubs to gain youth team players on loan.

As much as i like john i wouldnt say he was a strong disciplinarian. Players buggering off for stag weekends etc common practice the last two seasons. Where he needed to lay down the law

He spoke about that, he said that the attitude of players at the junior level is diabolical and wanted to make the step up to Lowland League where it is more professional. He also wants players to have in his words an 'old school mindset' where they never want to miss a game no matter the personal occasion.

I met John Sludden at a funeral last week and he comes across as a really top guy (can't believe he's 51, he looks about 10 years younger). As mentioned above, he spoke about how the new generation of footballers don't really seem to care whether or not they win or lose - after the match, they're straight onto their phones or looking at their betting slips - and he wants to put together a team of guys who care about the club and about the results on the Saturday. He told me about an incident when he was at Celtic - his team had lost the match and their manager instructed the players to sit in silence on the bus all the way back home, which, he said, allowed him to focus on what had happened. I'm not sure how that kind of discipline will translate to part-time football, particularly this low down the food chain, but it's admirable all the same and he comes across a lot better than his predecessor.

I understand there's been some difficulties in putting a team together - a lot of last season's squad have washed their hands of the whole thing and have refused to answer calls or turn up at meetings - but guys like Paul Sludden and Kris Faulds are a decent start. the Lowland League is probably about Sludden's level and I've not doubt he could score about 15-20 goals this season. He's not the biggest or strongest guy but he's a decent finisher and works the space inside the penalty box well. Faulds, meanwhile, is a funny one. He's no doubt a technically gifted player and someone capable to knocking some jaw-dropping balls about, but it just doesn't happen enough and the game seems to pass him by a lot. I'm not sure what kind of midfielder he is - he was given a number of roles at Stenhousemuir and didn't really excel in any of them - but if he can find the time on the ball to ping it about he'll be a smashing asset.

I reckon the Shire should look to bring in someone like Scot Buist - I'm not sure how fit he is after he left Stirling Albion but he's a leader and the kind of guy John Sludden would look to to bring the team together.

Darren Dolan any good?Bit in the record saying we are after him,someone said earlier we were after Richie barnard aswell.Not sure if they have them mixed up.We do need two keepers mind you!!

Darren Dolan any good?Bit in the record saying we are after him,someone said earlier we were after Richie barnard aswell.Not sure if they have them mixed up.We do need two keepers mind you!!

Heard also that he's off to yous. Dolan is more than capable at that level, good young keeper who can catch just about anything. If he does sign am sure he'll do well.

Richie's off to Lithgae Rose am sure.

Dolan was very impressive when i saw him and would be very pleased if he signed.

Hope John Sludden does well for the Shire, sounds like he's got the right approach in mind. Interesting FF saying that much of last season's Shire squad have "washed their hands" of the situation they have got the club into- no surprise having seen that play off second leg.

Heard also that he's off to yous. Dolan is more than capable at that level, good young keeper who can catch just about anything. If he does sign am sure he'll do well.

Richie's off to Lithgae Rose am sure.

Cheers.Hope he signs up then

Archived