Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

I go to Scotland games. It was widely sung by a huge number of people at the last England friendly in the stadium.[/quote

No it wasn't.

There's a small group who try to start it at every home match,it never catches on.

The only controversial singing at the last England came from the away end.

I go to Scotland games. It was widely sung by a huge number of people at the last England friendly in the stadium.[/quote

No it wasn't.

There's a small group who try to start it at every home match,it never catches on.

The only controversial singing at the last England came from the away end.

A tiny group of arsehole lads from the same minibus usually. It's never ever sung properly at Scotland games.

'shut' and 'close' aren't synonyms.

A word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close:

‘the East’ was a synonym for the Soviet empire

‘shut’ is a synonym of ‘close’

The above is from the oxford dictionary.

I kinda trust them a little more than you. There's a good chance you're pished by now, tbf.

Edited by Shades75

The above is from the oxford dictionary.

I kinda trust them a little more than you. There's a good chance you're pished by now, tbf.

Say what you like...but sometimes 'shut' suits and sometimes 'closed' is better.  The two words certainly do not exactly overlap.

It doesnt necessarily have to be abusive, if a reasonable person finds it threatening then thats also fine. Sec 38 CJLSA applies to threatening or abusive language, id argue a stand full of people singing a song about killing a group of people creates a threatening manner. Id also argue that it could be construed as abusive, people take offence when they are abused, therefore singing about 'being up to your knees' or glorifying the ira terrorists can in my opinion be regarded as both threatening and abusive in the context of a football song.

The test isn't whether it *could* be threatening and/or abusive. It's whether it *is* threatening or absusive.

I'm genuinely not following how it's either. For a crowd in a segregated football ground to be singing "up to our knees in ****** blood" in relation to an abstract historical battle is no more "threatening" than them singing "sit down shut up" or "we went to the Gorgie and kicked them to hell" or, frankly, the words of Flower of Scotland.

Clearly it is a lot more offensive than any of those things. Clearly it glorifies the historical abuse of a certain group. But it's not itself "abusive".

Sounds like the natural barometer of any controversy... Do you usually follow the lead of the English FA and manager? Or only when it suits you to deflect attention from the failings of your own?

Who are my own?

Its a poor show when posters are making stuff up to support their argument..

Rather wear a turban than a rose ffs.:lol:

The test isn't whether it *could* be threatening and/or abusive. It's whether it *is* threatening or absusive.

I'm genuinely not following how it's either. For a crowd in a segregated football ground to be singing "up to our knees in ****** blood" in relation to an abstract historical battle is no more "threatening" than them singing "sit down shut up" or "we went to the Gorgie and kicked them to hell" or, frankly, the words of Flower of Scotland.

Clearly it is a lot more offensive than any of those things. Clearly it glorifies the historical abuse of a certain group. But it's not itself "abusive".

Just so I'm clear, you're suggesting a song that includes the words "up to our knees in ****** blood" is less offensive than our national anthem?

Oh god. Ad Lib is now going down the "Flower of Scotland is the most offensive song ever" line that's spittled out by mental unionists across the land. All to excuse west-coast sectarianism.

Alex Salmond joke in 3... 2... 1...

Edited by HaikuHibee

You unambiguously said the Flower of Scotland is as "threatening" as Billy Boys. It's a mad unionist argument that crazy people on twitter make. The same kinds of people who read the Mail and pop blood vessels at the National front pages. It was only a matter of time before you'd bring that up to defend sectarianism.

Edited by HaikuHibee

You unambiguously said the Flower of Scotland is as "threatening" as Billy Boys. It's a mad unionist argument that crazy people on twitter make. The same kinds of people who read the Mail and pop blood vessels at the National front pages. It was only a matter of time before you'd bring that up to defend sectarianism.

Billy Boys is no more threatening than Flower of Scotland. It's much more offensive though. In fact, it's no more threatening than the French national anthem either.

"Aux armes, citoyens,

Formez vos bataillons,

Marchons, marchons!

Qu'un sang impur

Abreuve nos sillons!"

Your inability to exercise nuance on this topic is mildly amusing.

Edited by Ad Lib

No, the opposite, you moron.

:lol:

I must have picked you up wrong. Mind you given the amount of pish you spout on here, sometimes in the most obscure manner, it's probably excusable.

For an obviously bright lad you seem obsessed with debating others whose intelligence you constantly question, I would have thought you'd find something more worthwhile to do with your life than debate 'morons' like me on a football forum.

Some people really do their best to make Scotland look bad. Our National anthem is just as offensive as upto our knees in ****** blood......

He clearly said that Billy Boys is more offensive than Flower of Scotland.

I must have picked you up wrong. Mind you given the amount of pish you spout on here, sometimes in the most obscure manner, it's probably excusable.

For an obviously bright lad you seem obsessed with debating others whose intelligence you constantly question, I would have thought you'd find something more worthwhile to do with your life than debate 'morons' like me on a football forum.

I believe that it is the sacred duty of people who aren't morons to identify and wear down the will to live and have opinions of those who are. I live by my principles.

And at that, "a lot more" offensive.

It's good to know at least some people on this forum can read before dismissing the opinions of others.

I believe that it is the sacred duty of people who aren't morons to identify and wear down the will to live and have opinions of those who are. I live by my principles.

You're one of a handful of posters on here to excuse their obvious mentalism. First on mental health issues, then booze, and now it's some kind of psychopathic yoon crusade. He without sin and all that.

Then why even mention it?  Other than displaying just how much of a fucking raging BritNat young Lib Dems are these days.

Edited by HaikuHibee

The 'Old Firm' has its problems no doubt (including our own Angels) but let's not pretend that's where it begins and ends.

Before finding ourselves in the 2nd Division, sectarian insults hurled at our support had become commonplace, from Paisley to Leith, from Dundee to Aberdeen, in and outside the ground.

Not so much as a whisper ever reported by the press/media, radio phone-ins etc..offensive behaviour just widely accepted, because it's Rangers it's fair game.

The vitriolic bile we will be served up again next season hasn't been missed, our time spent in Div 2 &1 in particular made a welcome change in that respect!