Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

'We're up to our knees in ****** blood surrender or you'll die' is both threatening and abusive.

I don't see how. No reasonable person could construe the singing of that song as issuing an actual ultimatum to all Irish Catholics in the vicinity to surrender or face death.

Why when Airdrie fans sing the same song but sing "up to our knees in Motherwell blood" is the song no longer abusive? From what I remember the act doesn't specify that only reference to protected characteristics is a breach of law.

The most offensive thing about that is "Motherwell" is one syllable too many. You'd think they at least have the imagination to swap in "Steel Men" instead.

Apparently, "I'd rather wear a turban than a rose" is a new ditty. At least 40 years ago, "I'd rather wear a turban than a sash" was a common chant, though.

I've googled it and it seems to be a Welsh song. I've never heard it in all my years home or away and in fact the only thing I can find on google about Scotland fans singing it was fucking HB who went on to say he didn't even hear Scotland fans singing it it was on a train.

I've googled it and it seems to be a Welsh song. I've never heard it in all my years home or away and in fact the only thing I can find on google about Scotland fans singing it was fucking HB who went on to say he didn't even hear Scotland fans singing it it was on a train.

The only time I have ever heard it is on here. Seeing as the predominant symbol of the english football team is three leopards i wold imagine its a song sung by welsh rugby c***s

I go to Scotland games. It was widely sung by a huge number of people at the last England friendly in the stadium.

Barely miss a game. I'm not saying it's never happened, I was at that game too though and never heard it. There was barely a peep from the home support actually, it was pish poor and I was sober. But it most definitely does not happen regularly. I've never heard it sung inside the ground at a home game before.

Farting is offensive, it's not abusive.

Synonym -

a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close.

He can "shut his face" but to "close his face" seems incorrect.

"Shut" and "close" are, however, as close to being the same thing as to render any claims that they are different as being an exercise in tedium.

You can be abusive without being offensive and VV. Like many words they have domains of meaning...they can overlap but certainly don't exactly match.

"Exactly or nearly the same".

Here's another, from Collins -

Main Entry: abusive

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: exhibiting unkind behavior or words

Synonyms: calumniating, castigating, censorious, contumelious, defamatory, derisive, disparaging, insolent, insulting, invective, libelous, maligning, obloquious, offensive, opprobrious, reproachful, reviling, rude, sarcastic, scathing, scolding, scurrilous, sharp-tongued, slanderous, traducing, upbraiding, vilifying, vituperative