Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

24 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Magee really is the stereotypical bigot OF c**t, isn't he?

Okay.

I'll bite, explain why im a 'bigot' ?

Be carefull to read the definition of bigot and  highlight any examples of bigoted posts i've made on here, merely saying so because I support one of the 'ugly sisters' or you dont agree with my point of view on this or any other matters wont cut it.

Magee/Flybhoy showing his true colours here. Absolute fucking vermin.

The only people I’ve seen really angered by the law were Celtic or Rangers fans. It’s fucking mental.

Stupid to scrap this act altogether. Am already seeing triumphant bigots on Twitter celebrating.

So, it's not a perfect law, which law is?

Many of the arguments against it could also be said against rape laws and anti-racist legislation. Isn't rape just 'assault'? Would the Greens and Labour argue that crimes that are 'racially aggravated' be treated as 'normal'? No, I don't think so.

Worse of all, there seems to be little in the way of constructive alternatives being proposed. Education? That happens already and should continue in conjuction with an act such as this. Strict liability? I'd be for that but the Ugly Sisters in Glasgow won't have it though. Rocks the establishment boat too much.

59 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think the act could’ve been appeased.

At the end of the day they were damned if they did, and damned if they didn’t I think.

Had they continued to ignore it questions would’ve been asked.

If Rangers and Celtic were serious about being anti sectarian then they would’ve banned the GB & Union Bears. Not let them wave political banners and sing so loud that BT & Sky had to fucking apologise on numerous occasions.

TBH, most fitba fans don't give a shit. FAC only have 10k followers on Twitter and only got 7k in a petition. Celtic get 60k at one home game in comparison. And outside the fitba bubble, the public appear to be all for it.

Why should bigots and morons get away with stuff just because they're in a large crowd?

1. The very principle of something being an offence only in one particular setting for a short period of time is wrong purely by definition.

2. The common misconception that this is anti sectarian law, tough on bigotry etc is just that. There are no set parameters in this bill to describe or encapsulate what is, by definition a sectarian offence or song.

Random example, people hear 'Boys of the Old Brigade' for example and are outraged when it is neither, sectarian (makes no mention of religion, race or culture or creed) or offensive, its about the easter rising of 1916 in Dublin, an event, recognised and commemerated by the UK & Scottish governments on its recent anniversary yet, Police Scotland et al would have people lifted for singing it, the IRA mentioned in that song is the IRA of James Connolly, Padraig Pearse and co of the Easter rising, not the Provisional IRA that wreacked havoc in the 70's &80's. By the same token The Sash is neither a sectarian or offensive song yet, the Scottish Government & Police Scotland were slaughtered by lawyers and judges for trying to arrest & prosecute people for singing these.

3. The term, offensive was being pursued on the basis of people, detached from said incidents deciding what is or isnt offensive i.e Police with an agenda looking to arrest and harrass young football fans using the unprecedented powers this law enabled them. Example being, if I called you a w****r you would certainly be offended but should I be arrested for it? With the best will in the world and an objective head on for a second of course I shouldnt. As a catholic I SHOULD be offended by Rangers fans singing The Billy Boys but honestly couldnt give a toss, i've never been offended or hurt by a song in my life and have no desire to see people arrested for it. They look like inbred neandarthal morons doing so, that suffices for me, a point and laugh freak show, let the clowns sing what they want.

4. Judges, lawyers, human rights groups, football clubs, administrators, fans groups and all opposition parties have called for its repeal. Only the SNP, and those they have hoodwinked have continued to argue for it. Legal EXPERTS, and i've highlighted the word experts have slammed it as 'rubbish' , 'mince' and not fit for purpose. All the while in retort you have muppets like Annabel Ewing spouting utter garbage and downright lies such as 'women are afraid to enter Glasgow when a big game is on' in rather desperate attempts to garner last minute support.

5. There is, and always has been adequate legislation to cover hate crime both around football, online as well as in general. Numerous examples including a Rangers fan prosecuted for singing the famine song at Rugby Park in 2009, one of many many examples. 

6. Police Scotland have completely abused the powers this law has given, filming, harrasing people, arresting them on a whim and creating serious and dangerous tensions between them and fans at clubs all over Scotland, as many Motherwell and Hamilton fans have been arrested the last 18 months under this law than Celtic/Rangers. Their favourite tactic is a 7.00am dawn raid on a Friday to arrest someone with the sole intention of locking them up for a weekend out of pure spite for an alleged 'offence' filmed weeks previously. Less than 5% conviction rate yet people are banged up, named in the press and online, often jeopardizing jobs, university places etc. All for singing a song at a football match, the vast majority of the charges are subsequently thrown out of court on the monday, leading to widespread criticism of both the bill and the behaviour of the police in many instances by judges, lawyers and fiscals.

7. It was nothing more than an attention seeking attempt to gain popularity by the SNP at a time of high publicity surrounding Neil Lennon, the shame game, bombs and bullets in the post etc. We're tough on sectarianism and its causes, fact is they arent, no attempt at tackling the root causes merely a clumsy, morally wrong attempt at criminalising people for singing songs that, may be irrelevant at football yes but hardly a criminal offence. There are many views and songs that some find offensive and some dont, some mainstream, some less so. The SNP were attempting to bracket certain elements of offensiveness for kudos with the general public and subsequent votes.

8. It has achieved nothing they claim it was going too, has been slaughtered by people better qualified than you, me and even the politicians debating it. And, at the end of it all there WAS & IS legislation in place to cover extreme examples of the behaviour they seeked to highlight. A crime is no more or less a crime whether it be commited at a football match, in a pub, in the workplace or in fucking Tescos.

This is why you are a fat, sleazy, glory hunting w**k who fishes turds out of u-bends. Pity you weren't on the end of some C4 explosive. I absolutely despair knowing you are the majority of old firm fans

Wisnae the provos, it wiz wee pearce n at no

They killed 10 of us, plant a bomb to get 20 of them

In reality you would fill your pants at confrontation, a complete and utter shitebag i would swat away like a bluebottle.

We can only hope that ibrox and Celtic park collapse simultaneously and we might start weeding out the problem.