Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just watched the Robinson presser on Youtube there and at the end, he was still talking about moving people out to get more people in. I assuming he wasn't talking about Moult, Hennegan or Cadden (as potentially saleable assets) but I couldn't work out who else we would be looking to get rid of now that Clay has gone?

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

Just watched the Robinson presser on Youtube there and at the end, he was still talking about moving people out to get more people in. I assuming he wasn't talking about Moult, Hennegan or Cadden (as potentially saleable assets) but I couldn't work out who else we would be looking to get rid of now that Clay has gone?

Not watched it yet but could he be talking about getting Blyth off the wage bill?

Also, given Bowman's in the midst of something of a pre-season purple patch and he's a player we paid a fee for (presumably with a view to selling on) I wonder if his form continues whether we might try and flip him in the same way we did Anier?

Luke Watt's probably in a similar position to Dom Thomas was prior to being emptied.

Other than that? I'm at a loss. Everyone else has been involved to a fair degree.

21 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not watched it yet but could he be talking about getting Blyth off the wage bill?

Also, given Bowman's in the midst of something of a pre-season purple patch and he's a player we paid a fee for (presumably with a view to selling on) I wonder if his form continues whether we might try and flip him in the same way we did Anier?

Luke Watt's probably in a similar position to Dom Thomas was prior to being emptied.

Other than that? I'm at a loss. Everyone else has been involved to a fair degree.

He stonewalled about Blyth (from a disciplinary, sucking-gas-oot-a-balloon point of view) earlier in the press conference - so it wasn't directly related.

5 hours ago, Swello said:

He stonewalled about Blyth (from a disciplinary, sucking-gas-oot-a-balloon point of view) earlier in the press conference - so it wasn't directly related.

Just watched the press conference there. Thought he handled the Blyth questions well. His "not heard anything about it, no" was a pretty decent response to the ludicrous "are you aware of the story?" question. Him playing it down is also the right move IMO. Everyone knows we want to bin him but there's no need to turn it into a drama.

Interesting him saying that they have "3 or 4 on our radar" re: the Dembele/defender question before adding that he still wants to bring in a bit of pace up top or out in the wide area and that they're speaking to people. If he's looking for an experienced, left sided centre half who'd be willing to join on our budget then i'd have thought he'd be looking at a pretty small pool of players. Either way it sounds like he still thinks we're at least 2 short as things stand. The centre half is an obvious one given he offered Dembele a deal but the forward is curious with Moult, Bowman, Fisher and I guess Tanner all forward options just now.

On 21 July 2017 at 10:28, Swello said:

Quite looking forward to getting back to Fir Park tomorrow and seeing if Bob McHugh Shags the Burds is still a song.

No doubt it'll get an airing and Bob will get a nice big cheer from the usual suspects in our support who love to cheer opposition players playing against us, ala Foran & Vigurs. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, MJC said:

No doubt it'll get an airing and Bob will get a nice big cheer from the usual suspects in our support who love to cheer opposition players playing against us, ala Foran & Vigurs. :rolleyes:

McHugh and Foran played their hardest for us until the end. Vigurs ducked out of a relegation battle with a *mysterious* injury. f**k Vigurs.

Richie Foran was a decent player for us when he could be bothered but that wasn't often enough and he often disappeared during matches. I said when he was with us that one of the main reasons he had such a cult status with our support was because he was a bit of a character who was often found bevvying in various local boozers. 

Bob McHugh I'll give you did put plenty of effort in but ultimately just wasn't good enough at this level.

Vigurs was a lazy imposter who chipped in with the odd spectacular strike.

But regardless of all three's varying levels of committment and ability, they should not be being cheered or applauded by our support when playing against us, trying to score against and beat us, in my opinion. It's just wrong to me when they are playing for the opposition. Some may disagree and that's their opinions, but that's how I see it.

Some of the football we are playing is a joy to watch. Obviously against a much lower class of opposition, but should hopefully dispell this Robinson loves the long ball pish.

Lovely wee one touch pass and moves and wee flicks, backheels and reverse passes actually coming off.

McHugh, Bigi, Tanner and Cadden specifically seem to have really good chemistry.

First game I've been to in a while, followed the close season on the YouTube channel so was good to see the team up close.
I'm liking the style of play, definitely a more patient build up moving the ball across at the back then one touch passing through the midfield than I've seen previously. Whether that will stand up against a higher standard of team closing us down quicker time will tell.
Kipre looks like a right solid unit of a guy at the back and midfield team of Cadden Bigi and Mchugh are working well. Tanner looks very lively and should support whoever our front man ends up being well. the only weak link I could see imo was Frear, seemed to make some poor decisions and delivery was questionable at times.
This was my 4yr olds first game and don't know whether to be happy for him ( don't know how many other people saw a 4-0 win in their first game) or sad ( let's be honest it's all downhill from here)!

1 hour ago, mjw said:

Anyone else dubious about the attendance given?
I thought it was down on a normal league attendance with a decent away support.

On the highlights, the East was really empty - I was actually surprised it was over the 3000 mark.

On the highlights, the East was really empty - I was actually surprised it was over the 3000 mark.

I've read some people went in the Cooper because of the queues caused by it being a cash gate.
£12/6 sounds great until everyone turns up with twenty's and tenners and takes all their change away.

I've read some people went in the Cooper because of the queues caused by it being a cash gate.
£12/6 sounds great until everyone turns up with twenty's and tenners and takes all their change away.

Easy answer, make it £10/5.