Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

12 hours ago, happyaccie said:

The examples you show are true, my concerns are not unfounded they are very real but if you view a league in the SPFL set- up possibly ending up with the champions being the club who finish with the 3 rd highest points total due to the colt teams being excluded from gaining promotion acceptable then your entitled to that view, but our game is currently viewed in a negative manner throughout the footballing world and the inclusion of two colts sides who cannot merit promotion in these proposals justifies that negativity.

If this goes ahead we will correctly be seen as a laughing stock, all because of the SPFL's desire to comply with the bigots wishes.

I'm not in favour of the current Old Firm colt proposal.  As far as I'm concerned, if's all in or none in. 

My suggestion is that the colt teams should be able to progress to the league below their parent team.  That will answer some of your concern about rendering leagues meaningless.  I doubt there will ever be a day when nine under 20 players will win the Championship.  If that ever happens it would be a reflection upon the other Championship teams.  One final point. 

No one cares about Scottish football outside of Scottish football.  And you can guarantee that goes one-hundred fold for our minor leagues.  This recurring meme about us being a laughing stock is the type of witless idiocy that pollutes online debate.  The idea that Hans in Hamburg or Pedro in Portugal giggles at breakfast cos Stenhousemuir lost a last minute goal to Brechin in front of three men and a pigeon is rank stupidity. No one gives a fork except us. And most of us don't give a fork about our minor leagues either. 

Way too many false barriers to progress are put up. 

Re the trialist - I would have thought there would be work permit issues? 

On 08/02/2018 at 18:13, RandomGuy. said:

Theyve already started to stumble, Rodgers won't stay four years if they continue they way they're going, and if they hire another Delia?..

Rangers heading upwards but always have the lingering doubt over their finances. And realistically Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen should be aiming towards challenging considering they all seem financially sound now. 

If they hire another Deila? That would be the same Deila that won two back to back league titles fairly comfortably? Face it, even with a diddy like that in charge, they would still have enough about them to win the league and dominate. The 'closest' anyone has come to challenging them since Rangers went down the tubes have been ourselves in 2013 and Aberdeen in 2016, but neither of us really got anywhere near them to seriously worry them. We were never in any danger of catching them in what was our best season since the mid-90s and whilst Aberdeen got closer, they still lacked the quality and bottle when it really mattered and lost or drew games that Celtic just wouldn't have had a problem with. Even with Ronny Deila in charge.

1 hour ago, WellView said:

I'm not in favour of the current Old Firm colt proposal.  As far as I'm concerned, if's all in or none in. 

My suggestion is that the colt teams should be able to progress to the league below their parent team.  That will answer some of your concern about rendering leagues meaningless.  I doubt there will ever be a day when nine under 20 players will win the Championship.  If that ever happens it would be a reflection upon the other Championship teams.  One final point. 

No one cares about Scottish football outside of Scottish football.  And you can guarantee that goes one-hundred fold for our minor leagues.  This recurring meme about us being a laughing stock is the type of witless idiocy that pollutes online debate.  The idea that Hans in Hamburg or Pedro in Portugal giggles at breakfast cos Stenhousemuir lost a last minute goal to Brechin in front of three men and a pigeon is rank stupidity. No one gives a fork except us. And most of us don't give a fork about our minor leagues either. 

Way too many false barriers to progress are put up. 

Re the trialist - I would have thought there would be work permit issues? 

The whole point of myself being anti colt inclusion into the SPFL is exactly what the first sentence in your post says. 

The current proposals submitted in conjuncture by the OF is for the inclusion of their colt teams only. In other words a closed shop scenario arising when their agendas have been met, that is why these proposals are farcical, the admittance of a colt team from sevco would be an indication the SPFL are so pro OF it would be a deterrent for me personally to continue watching senior football, considering they withdrew their colt team from the development league that is run under the auspices of the SPFL, to then actively canvas for the OF's colt teams inclusion into league two would be the other 40 member clubs basically consenting for the SPFL to be run entirely to suit the bigot brothers.

8 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Is it, aye?

If you go by our current UEFA rankings erm yes it sure as hell is, and if it was looked on in a positive manner I would imagine we could attract foreign owners, like the clubs down south to invest in clubs in Scotland, the fact is our game has dropped below the hotbeds of European Football, Northern Ireland & Wales just to mention a few.The game in Scotland has been in a downward spiral for the last 2 decades anyone who thinks otherwise is simply in a state of denial.

16 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

If you go by our current UEFA rankings erm yes it sure as hell is, and if it was looked on in a positive manner I would imagine we could attract foreign owners, like the clubs down south to invest in clubs in Scotland, the fact is our game has dropped below the hotbeds of European Football, Northern Ireland & Wales just to mention a few.The game in Scotland has been in a downward spiral for the last 2 decades anyone who thinks otherwise is simply in a state of denial.

UEFA rankings isn't what you said though, is it? You said it is viewed negatively through the football world, which isn't what you're saying now?

The league hasn't dropped below northern Ireland or Wales, or anything close to it.

Downward spiral is a bit vague, as well. There's more money coming into the game right now than there has been for years, all the 'big' clubs have broadly sorted themselves out. Celtic are in Europe after Christmas, aside from the accies, no one is going out of business.... So... Downward spiral? Bit vague.

As for foreign owners... Good? No idea why anyone would want it.

9 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

UEFA rankings isn't what you said though, is it? You said it is viewed negatively through the football world, which isn't what you're saying now?

The league hasn't dropped below northern Ireland or Wales, or anything close to it.

Downward spiral is a bit vague, as well. There's more money coming into the game right now than there has been for years, all the 'big' clubs have broadly sorted themselves out. Celtic are in Europe after Christmas, aside from the accies, no one is going out of business.... So... Downward spiral? Bit vague.

As for foreign owners... Good? No idea why anyone would want it.

What part of failing to qualify for a national finals for 20 years do you fail to comprehend. 

Our European cousins judge mainly on the exploits of the National side rather than the club scene.External investment in the game is verging on zero, we have our lowest co-efficiency in years, if the ruling family of Abu Dhabi approached Motherwell FC and offered to invest a copious amount of cash into the club you would rebuff the advances ?

7 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

What part of failing to qualify for a national finals for 20 years do you fail to comprehend. 

Our European cousins judge mainly on the exploits of the National side rather than the club scene.External investment in the game is verging on zero, we have our lowest co-efficiency in years, if the ruling family of Abu Dhabi approached Motherwell FC and offered to invest a copious amount of cash into the club you would rebuff the advances ?

So we're onto the national team now?  First the league was a joke, now it's the national team.

And as for the national team? Honestly not arsed about it, tbh. 

And would I want to be run by a family responsible for numerous flagrant human rights abuses running Motherwell? Nah. You're alright mate. I'll go watch Pollok.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Can we please get back to arguing about how Stuart McCall was actually shite for us? This pish about the League and national team is mind-numbing.

Sorry pal. 

Here's a question; is Allan Campbell worth more than the entirety of Hamilton Accies?

The prize on offer is another ( probable ) sell-out semi-final.  These next few months are likely to be financially transformative for the club. 

And TBH, I reckon we're looking at strong transfer income this summer.  Our wee club might be debt free within the first year of fan ownership, and that would be outstanding.