Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

None among us is that stupid to take Killie or Aberdeen lightly. TBH, I hope we don't make the top six. Drill down and make the semi a priority,  
We ain't getting relegated, let's go for the cup. 

f**k that.
There's games to be won and the semi shouldn't even be mentioned until the week before it is played.
Hearts are rotten and are there for catching.

7 minutes ago, WellView said:

None among us is that stupid to take Killie or Aberdeen lightly. TBH, I hope we don't make the top six. Drill down and make the semi a priority,  

We ain't getting relegated, let's go for the cup. 

Absolutely Hear fucking Hear!

We've already pumped Aberdeen in one cup game so no reason that we can't do it again.

Killie have been on some run and Super Steve has them well organised. However, any team with Kirk Broadfoot in it is nothing to fear.

Regardless of who we play, if we're up for it I'm confident we'll make the final.

50 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

No exaggeration (well, a bit of an exaggeration). Watch wee Cochran fly though...

That's one of the best things I've ever seen at the fitba :lol:

We've already pumped Aberdeen in one cup game so no reason that we can't do it again.

Killie have been on some run and Super Steve has them well organised. However, any team with Kirk Broadfoot in it is nothing to fear.

Regardless of who we play, if we're up for it I'm confident we'll make the final.

Aberdeen usually get the fear in Glasgow as well.

49 minutes ago, Al B said:

That's one of the best things I've ever seen at the fitba :lol:

I've watched that about 40 times now - if you want a wee metaphor for our team ethos under Robinson - there it is :) 

1 hour ago, Desp said:

We should send Campbell to Newcastle on loan. 

Up there with the Kipré to midfield shout for me. 

:lol::lol:

Really? Just goes to show how dense Motherwell fans can be.

Campbell would stroll it in that team today. 

Pie and Bovril should introduce a button 

"I've never watched an EPL game live, but here's my opinion." 

It would save us having to read crap. 

Campbell is in a different league to McCulloch and McMillan, two players that had excellent EPL careers.

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Reckon I'll have been to Hampden more times this season than I've seen most of my family members. Thank you Steven Robinson.

Yes, we fans of a certain age remember things like Johnstone's belly-flap, the Roger Hynd illusion, and relegation seasons. 

What we are witnessing this season is magic.  

Forget top six, manage the squad to the semi. Nothing else matters. 

And anyone coming out with the "till we're mathematically safe," crap. 

Fork off. 

Edited by WellView

Disagree. I think we have to arrive at the semi with as winning a mentality as possible. Stuart McCall sacked off the post-split games in the lead up to the 2011 final and we walked out at Hampden with the mindset of a team on a losing streak.

25 minutes ago, Al B said:

Disagree. I think we have to arrive at the semi with as winning a mentality as possible. Stuart McCall sacked off the post-split games in the lead up to the 2011 final and we walked out at Hampden with the mindset of a team on a losing streak.

100% this. McCall utterly fucked it by the way he arsed about with the team in the run up to the 2011 final.  I can only imagine the reaction if we took the foot off the pedal and lost all the games up until the semi - the Robinson out thread would be back in business before we were anywhere near Hampden.....

Full steam ahead and deal with the semi when we get there!

12 hours ago, WellView said:

He should hold out for a premiership team. I've been thinking for a while ( and ya'll are going to go nuts at this idea ), that the club should be looking to loan him to someone like Newcastle. I watched them in the flesh recently and Campbell would stroll it in their team. 

Why loan him? First, the fee involved would be handy. Second, he's on a four year contract. If you want to see Motherwell's first £5 million player, he's going to have to go on loan somewhere first. 

Right, I had a few beers yesterday, understandably, so didn't get my head around this fully.  So, please explain this one to me (since you're all high and mighty)?

So, presuming someone like Newcastle DID want him in their team.  You're suggesting that instead of bidding £750k or so that it would take them to get him immediately (peanuts in their world), they should ask to get him on loan for the season (which they'd need to pay a fee for), stick him straight in their team for the season against some of the best midfielders in the world, before coming back to Motherwell and saying, "Ha'way lads, here's £5m for young Campbell.   He's absolutely strolled it down here"

You're 100% that mental guy that was on Steelmen Online a few months ago, aren't you?  Definitely a WUM.