Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Good to hear.

I think the 'obsession' over it really stemmed from the fact that for the last few years, well several years actually, it was deteriorating year by year and it was lucky if it had 50% of its bulbs working and it just looked sad. It was also very dated and I'm sure someone posted a picture on here of its operating system, which resembled one of those late 80s/early 90s BBC computers that you used to get in schools.

Fair play to the club for finally replacing the old relic, looking forward to seeing the new one next season. Hopefully it's first message is along the lines of 'Welcome to the park to the Scottish Cup holders - Motherwell FC'.

50 minutes ago, MJC said:

Good to hear.

I think the 'obsession' over it really stemmed from the fact that for the last few years, well several years actually, it was deteriorating year by year and it was lucky if it had 50% of its bulbs working and it just looked sad. It was also very dated and I'm sure someone posted a picture on here of its operating system, which resembled one of those late 80s/early 90s BBC computers that you used to get in schools.

Fair play to the club for finally replacing the old relic, looking forward to seeing the new one next season. Hopefully it's first message is along the lines of 'Welcome to the park to the Scottish Cup holders - Motherwell FC'.

Nah, I totally get that. It's just that when there have been fans surveys on the go it seemed to be a genuinely hot topic. Over the past few seasons if you'd asked me about issues at the club the scoreboard wouldn't even have registered with me. It'd have been pretty firmly down there with paint on the East Stand steps.

Fair play to the club for going for it and getting something sorted out. I'd like to think that if we're going ahead with this it means the more pressing concerns have been covered.

Jumbotron or GTFO IMO.

Edit to add: new PA system, website AND online ticketing incoming...

Edited by capt_oats

Obviously with a new and up to date LED scoreboard, it can be used for advertising before, during and after the game so, in time, it should pay for itself. 

Genuinely can't wait until a few years down the line when we get the Titantron in the corner of the South/Main. 

Appears the season book is on the way out too. A wee bank card type thing just won't be the same.