Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Buzzing for the 'Well Fans II' mob to start claiming we gave him everything and it's a disgrace he's left us.

And now a quote from Well Fans II, *ahem* 

“We better not do the usual pish and say undisclosed fee we deserve to know don’t shite it Motherwell.”

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

We signed him 3 times (much to the chagrin of some) :)

Indeed, and those improved deals are probably going to help get us the bigger transfer fee. So all in all we have done well with Cedric Kipre.

8 minutes ago, CSmith said:

And now a quote from Well Fans II, *ahem* 

“We better not do the usual pish and say undisclosed fee we deserve to know don’t shite it Motherwell.”

With all the morons on there I am so honoured to be banned/blocked

Interesting that Burrows hints that (I assume if all the add-on conditions are met) this could be the most lucrative deal in the club's history (which is still Phil I think unless Faddy's sell-on took him past £1.75m). 

I don't know if that is contingent on him being transferred from Wigan or if that can all be done at Wigan - but in any case, it's good business IMO. 

Onfield this departure has dealt us another hammer blow for the beginning of the league season. We go into the opening game minus Dunne, Campbell, Bowman and potentially Cadden, McHugh and Carson plus we've just lost a key player from last season. 

Needless to say we have a massive month ahead of us before the window shuts as we need adequate replacements brought in. The worrying thing though is that we may well yet lose a couple of more players before the month is out, that could be potentially disastrous for us this season. Look what happened to Dundee Utd a few years back when they lost several key players at once, they've not recovered yet.

Last season our biggest strength was our combative, physical style of play and we've just lost a key part of that plus we are without Dunne for the first two months of the season. So I think there is definite cause for concern for us this season and unless we get the next part of our 'rebuilding' job spot on then relegation is a distinct possibility. And to be honest, our dealings so far this summer havent been great stall so it's worrying times for us.

Edited by MJC

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

No it isny. 

As I said, unless we recruit adequate replacements over the next month then it certainly is.

We can't afford to lose key players and not replace them, it's that simple. I've seen nothing from the league cup ties to suggest we are going to improve on or even maintain last season's level of effort in the league and given we have just lost a key player, could potentially lose a couple more and already have a significant catalogue of injuries, it doesn't bode well for us.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

As I said, unless we recruit adequate replacements over the next month then it certainly is.

We can't afford to lose key players and not replace them, it's that simple. I've seen nothing from the league cup ties to suggest we are going to improve on or even maintain last season's level of effort in the league and given we have just lost a key player, could potentially lose a couple more and already have a significant catalogue of injuries, it doesn't bode well for us.

We could recruit no-one and our squad is still miles and miles ahead of Livingston and St Mirren. 

I take your point, and I'd be astonished if we don't, but there's barely a player across both those squads that'd get a game for us.

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

Onfield this departure has dealt us another hammer blow for the beginning of the league season. We go into the opening game minus Dunne, Campbell, Bowman and potentially Cadden, McHugh and Carson plus we've just lost a key player from last season. 

Needless to say we have a massive month ahead of us before the window shuts as we need adequate replacements brought in. The worrying thing though is that we may well yet lose a couple of more players before the month is out, that could be potentially disastrous for us this season. Look what happened to Dundee Utd a few years back when they lost several key players at once, they've not recovered yet.

Last season our biggest strength was our combative, physical style of play and we've just lost a key part of that plus we are without Dunne for the first two months of the season. So I think there is definite cause for concern for us this season and unless we get the next part of our 'rebuilding' job spot on then relegation is a distinct possibility. And to be honest, our dealings so far this summer havent been great stall so it's worrying times for us.

Aye it's a pisser than Kipre has left pretty much on the eve of the new season and  in the middle of a mini injury/suspension crisis and it leaves things a bit flat - but talk of relegation at this stage is madness. Unlike in the past, the club is structured around selling players as a key plank of our business plan - we are actively trying to do it and we need to be used to it and not pish the frillies every time it happens. 

Let's wait on the window shutting before seeing where we are - there are more ins and outs to come but I'd be amazed if we were anywhere near the bottom of the league this year...

I’m willing to give Donnelly a go at the right hand side of the back three. He didn’t look all that comfortable on the left but let’s give him a chance. I still think we need some sort of signing at centre back though - which Robinson mentioned in the clubs statement.

Sad to see Kipre go but it sounds like a good deal for us. I remember shouting he’s going to be a cult hero away back at the Edinburgh City Cup game last season.

I know this is the first season of it - but does the English window closing next week not help us in that there will be players in England (maybe in the type of situation that Hartley and Aldred were in) that could only move "abroad" after the 9th? I wonder if having clubs with players they want off the wage bill and no competition from English clubs will mean that it is worth not rushing a replacement for Kipre...

47 minutes ago, MJC said:

Oh, be quiet. 

51 minutes ago, Swello said:

Interesting that Burrows hints that (I assume if all the add-on conditions are met) this could be the most lucrative deal in the club's history (which is still Phil I think unless Faddy's sell-on took him past £1.75m). 

I don't know if that is contingent on him being transferred from Wigan or if that can all be done at Wigan - but in any case, it's good business IMO. 

I heard a rumour........... 

And no doubt that fountain of knowledge, Busta, will hear this too  ( he's got the dronesy voice from hell, but he's not bad ).  

Burrows jaw dropped when Wigan accepted his sell-on clause.  

And I wouldn't be shocked if they came back in for Cadden under the same terms. 

Just a rumour, mind.