Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

Based on nothing I suspect that Burrows was underpaid when compared to similar roles due to his devotion to the club and journey from forum moderator and part time photographer.  This would mean a new appointment may require a more substantial outlay in salary or the job needs to be redefined and we will see a middle manager type who is unlikely to have any profile on Twitter.

He was vastly underpaid. And that often happens when you come though the ranks so to speak. Highest paid (and only) Director (Flow) was on £75,000 according to recent accounts. Leaving aside the likes of Peter Lawell on £1m+ that is still a lot less than we will end up paying for his replacement as mentioned above. 

I suspect he would have thought time to move on because I have been here for 15 years. As a big fan he probably realises he takes it to heart and it is affecting his well-being. He can be  more detached and dispassionate at Aberdeen. May even help with difficult decisions. Finally he will have probably doubled his salary. 

Edit to add. No way was he handing in his notice without knowing he would have got an offer or several offers. A young man with a young family. Absolutely no way.

It is done and good luck to him. Still more concerned with the team and current Manager and what happens this weekend and next week and so on…..

Edited by welldaft

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

He was vastly underpaid. And that often happens when you come though the ranks so to speak. Highest paid (and only) Director (Flow) was on £75,000 according to recent accounts. Leaving aside the likes of Peter Lawell on £1m+ that is still a lot less than we will end up paying for his replacement as mentioned above. 

I suspect he would have thought time to move on because I have been here for 15 years. As a big fan he probably realises he takes it to heart and it is affecting his well-being. He can be  more detached and dispassionate at Aberdeen. May even help with difficult decisions. Finally he will have probably doubled his salary. 

The business plan for this season will be in place (decision about the manager aside) so is this a better time to change CEO as it will allow someone to bed in for the challenges of the next season in whichever league we find ourselves, doing it in the Summer would cause disruption to the running of the club at a key time.

29 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Having seen the figure of £75,000 mentioned and having previously worked as an IT manager, I'm now wondering if I can claim a drastic backdated payrise.

giphy.gif

I've seen enough discourse on the socials today that I now almost want us to get relegated. I think some have confused our CEO being a fan with, "any fan can be CEO", and also seem to think people are just lining up to volunteer for board positions. A big reality check is needed I think.

8 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I've seen enough discourse on the socials today that I now almost want us to get relegated. I think some have confused our CEO being a fan with, "any fan can be CEO", and also seem to think people are just lining up to volunteer for board positions. A big reality check is needed I think.

So glad Twitter has completely passed me by.

Edited by KirkySuperSub
Can't spell the word "me"! 🥴

21 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Reason why I don't go anywhere near the media platforms any more.

Ach well back to the fitba.

I have that prematch optimism and positive vibes (It's for the day out really, but seems to have spilled over a bit). It's been killed every week when the team is announced. 

Good to see bevis back running. I think there has been a deliberate lack of training pics lately because of the injuries, but it's nice to know that we have one defender that is confirmed to be moving.

I don't know the extent of Lamies injury, but I assume 3 of the back 4 will be max, furlong and Casey.

Slattery Goss and butcher in the middle, and KVV, Mckinstry and Crankshaw in the front 3. Unless we're going to go with a forward line each half, in which case it will be obika, Aitchison, and Spittal.

Seems straightforward enough, but I fully expect to be perplexed at 2pm your time on Saturday.

Oh, forgot about Danzaki. He'll start I think. 

Edited by rowsdower

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ach well back to the fitba.

I have that prematch optimism and positive vibes (It's for the day out really, but seems to have spilled over a bit). It's been killed every week when the team is announced. 

It's amazing how 4 wee letters on a teamsheet can absolutely break a mans spirit.

G-O-.......

I cannae bring myself to do it to you early, I'll leave the blame for Hammell to take at about 13.45 on Saturday. At least by that time you'll probably already be in Kirkcaldy, half pished and with less fucks to give.

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

There is a few rumours kicking around one of the new guys is going to play out of position. 

If that means Butcher at CB i'll cry.

(this boy might be shite but he's my only hope)

I saw a mention of Butcher at CB from a journo somewhere online anaw. I can't remember who it was though.

Actually, it was Nick McPheat's article on the BBC website.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Also, noticed this on the TL.

I know xStats aren't for everyone but that's genuinely hilarious. :lol:

For idiots - does that mean we are 12 points worse off from where we "should" be?