Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Goodwin reveals he had the chance to talk to "another club" that was looking for a manager last month

I wonder who that might have been. Without reading too much between the lines, he pretty much says he reckoned this "other club" was beyond saving. Let's see how it works out at Tannadice for you, shall we, cunto?

Amen to that. Not bothered who goes down as long as it is not us. Now I pray it is United.

Jimbo big baws. Clearly has an ego the size of Tay bridge. Claims he had one bad week regarding Old firm results. To be fair if I was him I would not bring up one of if not the biggest shock in Scottish cup history. Tosser.

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Amen to that. Not bothered who goes down as long as it is not us. Now I pray it is United.

Jimbo big baws. Clearly has an ego the size of Tay bridge. Claims he had one bad week regarding Old firm results. To be fair if I was him I would not bring up one of if not the biggest shock in Scottish cup history. Tosser.

Yep, I think his "one week" was just the perfect little cherry on the icing on the top of a giant f**k-off winless cake.

22 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Goodwin reveals he had the chance to talk to "another club" that was looking for a manager last month

I wonder who that might have been. Without reading too much between the lines, he pretty much says he reckoned this "other club" was beyond saving. Let's see how it works out at Tannadice for you, shall we, cunto?

I hope that much like Craig Wighton, we relegate them. 

45 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

In fairness Jim, I also had the chance to talk to Motherwell about becoming their manager. I also had the chance to talk to Dundee United about your new job.

Whether not not either of them would have returned my call or email we'll never know, as for my own reasons I decided not to.

Edit to add - That photo of Stephen Frail doesn't half look like we have actually found that Craig Brown time-machine someone was looking for the other week!

Edited by Al B

Kettlewell certainly getting to line up his own backroom team. This appointment is totally on him.

Before soshul meeja nobody really gave two hoots who the number 2 was, these days it’s taken they are the extra ingredient. Who knows.

56 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Wonder if his assistant will be an experienced appointment. As in more experience than he has. Maybe an older head to consult with. I assume we will hear later today.

I hope someone with more experience. We shall see.

Any obvious connections in his past career ? 

Interesting that Kettlewell addressed the "experience" point in the news story.

“When I took the job, I knew I wanted an experienced head in the dugout with me,” manager Stuart Kettlewell added.

“Stephen is highly regarded and respected in the game and is someone who has coached at various different levels, at club and international level."

Link

I mean, it's not Brian Kerr.

13 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It's very hard to judge obviously but Frail seems like a good appointment and, whether it was the board or SK choosing the profile, an acknowledgment of previous errors.

That was, instinctively, my reaction as well.

I mean, I have no idea if Stephen Frail is a good coach or not but having just had a swatch at his LinkedIn it feels like a choice that's been informed heavily by recent mistakes.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

There's the 16 minute sixteen second presser.

Interesting he's asked directly about Riku, talks about Tomoaki, covers Max Johnston and as @supermarv says confirms that we've agreed terms with his new assistant.

Exciting.

I got nervous when he started to scratch his forehead, however he did say that the injured players had markers to hit so this may see the end of Lamie’s diagonal punts to that guy in the Hunter stand with the parka on.

On 25/02/2023 at 22:29, ropy said:

The wee interpreter guy celebrated that goal as much as anyone in the dugout.

On 25/02/2023 at 22:36, steelman1991 said:

The wee interpreter guy who's actually a "fitness" coach.

Tommo I believe