Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

tangent here but is that THE US women's team?

10 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Apparently so. 

It wasnt. It’s a team of retired womens players, some (if not most) of them in their late 30’s / early 40s.

12 hours ago, AdamMFC said:

Here's the confirmed pots for the League Cup group stage draw on Thursday afternoon. Hopefully there will be a couple of away trips to grounds we've not been to yet.

Pot 1: St Mirren, Motherwell, Livingston, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Dundee Utd, Dundee.

Pot 2: Ayr, Queens Park, Partick Thistle, Morton, Inverness CT, Raith, Arbroath, Hamilton.

Pot 3: Cove, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Airdrieonians, Alloa, Queen of the South, F.C Edinburgh, Montrose.

Pot 4: Kelty Hearts, Clyde, Peterhead, Stirling Albion, Dumbarton, Annan, East Fife, Forfar

Pot 5: Stenhousemuir, Stranraer, Bonnyrigg Rose, Elgin City, Albion Rovers, Spartans, Brechin City, Buckie.

What chances of

Motherwell

Hamilton

Airdrieonians

Albion Rovers

#PrideofLanarkshire 😂

I'm back in Scotland for the first three rounds but have committed to being away for the first one...so safe to say there will be a belter of an away day MD1, Morton at home MD2 and our free round MD3...

It normally takes a few days after the draw to sort the fixtures?

2 hours ago, Alanos said:

What chances of

Motherwell

Hamilton

Airdrieonians

Albion Rovers

#PrideofLanarkshire 😂

Our recent record in Lanarkshire derbies speaks for itself but i would very much like this draw. Don’t think the local coppers would tho 

Edited by D-Fens Foster

53 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Our recent record in Lanarkshire derbies speaks for itself but i would very much like this draw. Don’t think the local coppers would tho 

In the days of artificial pitches I've always thought there was a chance to bring back the Lanarkshire Cup as a pre-season tournament every so often - sell day tickets to all four sets of fans and play six 30 minutes round robin or four knock-out games in Airdrie or Hamilton.

31 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

In the days of artificial pitches I've always thought there was a chance to bring back the Lanarkshire Cup as a pre-season tournament every so often - sell day tickets to all four sets of fans and play six 30 minutes round robin or four knock-out games in Airdrie or Hamilton.

Did John Boyle not try to bring it back ? Could be wrong but I think he did and the polis told him no chance. If I remember correctly Airdrie actually have one more Lanarkshire cup win than us. If so that needs changed. Bring it back till we are top then bin it 

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

Isn't it on this year? but the young teams play it now?

Yes the NL Cup has been going on as a Pre-Season mini-tournament for a couple of years now.  The coming season will be the first time we've been invited.  

Edited by Antiochas III

1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:

Yes the NL Cup has been going on as a Pre-Season mini-tournament for a couple of years now.  The coming season will be the first time we've been invited.  

Aye but a youth tournament isn't the same really...it would just seem a slightly more attractive level of kickabout in pre-season given these things have to be done.

23 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Didn't really click to tonight but the only person at Parkhead thrilled Ange is off is probably Turnbull. Potential to get the career back on track.

O'Riley, Hatate and Mooy all maybe away too. If it doesn't happen for him next season he's as well packing it and moving to a Lanarkshire based, Scottish Premiership club tbqh.

4 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I remember the weekend tournament in Hamilton, us young ones jumped on the train afterwards, singing all the way back to Motherwell, we rushed past the ticket collector so he had no chance, lots of free journeys.

Of course I had my ticket in my pocket.

Back to Moult, it's a hard no from me. I was in the no camp last summer, but I must admit I got taken in by the nostalgia and romance of him coming back once it happened.

Sadly, he looked perfectly able when he was on the pitch, but the two moments for me that cement my stance are when we played Celtic and Van Veen got injured at half time, but we had to bring Shields on because Moult couldn't manage a full half and the fact that he's not kicked a single ball since his solitary start broke him.

It would be different if he'd went away and played after he'd left us, but he hasn't. If we are signing someone as a backup, I'd rather we signed someone who could come in for that player if they were playing badly, not come on for them with 15 minutes to go.

He seems like a top man and was a special player for us first time round, so it's gutting for him this is how it's turned out, but we need to let this one go.