Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

34 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Some noise on twitter about us having signed a Macedonian midfielder. Another one plucked out the air. Have absolutely no idea of any credibility to the rumour

I hope he's 6'4" and built like a brick shit house.

8 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

There was noise about a Nigerian striker from the Macedonian league earlier in the week, did aberdeen or hibs not get someone from that league last season?

Aberdeen signed Miovski last season who is North Macedonian but the picked him up from the Hungarian league, I think. 

7 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Looks like VIAPLAY are pulling out of the UK streaming business completely. Less than a year after buying Premier Sports.

apparently our Game on the weekend will still be on VIAPlay but the other fixtures are in doubt. What a shit show.

I think this is great news

Such a shite channel

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

Efford is a puzzling one. No mentions from anywhere within / out with the club on why he is nowhere to be seen. Is he injured again or has he asked to move on. All a bit strange.

Efford was listed as a doubt alongside Wilson for the QOTS preview thing they posted on Monday

4 hours ago, _MFC_1886 said:

Efford was listed as a doubt alongside Wilson for the QOTS preview thing they posted on Monday

I might be blind but I can still see no mention of Efford in that tweet re QOS or the Queens Park game either ? 

5 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Are we any closer to having a new CEO? Get that there is someone doing it in the meantime but you'd like to think we'd have had a replacement for Burrows by now. 

Gerry Britton is stepping down as  Partick CEO. Was he not rumoured to have interviewed with us when Burrows left?

Hopefully just a coincidence 

2 hours ago, Jonnylosqualo said:

Gerry Britton is stepping down as  Partick CEO. Was he not rumoured to have interviewed with us when Burrows left?

Hopefully just a coincidence 

Maybe he was doing a very good job at Thistle and is highly regarded ? Not that it means he is definitely coming to us. Although the timing is interesting. 

It is the AGM next week so maybe we will get an update then..

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Even a quick swatch on their P&B thread is pretty damning of him.

I’d like to think he would be nowhere near us. 

To be fair I think that in recent times Thistle have been a bit of a basket case. How much of that is down to the actual CEO v the shareholders and owners is up for debate. I don’t know the guy, don’t know the job he has done.

I would assume if he did become our CEO that would be on the basis that he got good testimonials and interviewed well. Not based on what fans think even if there is a lot of truth in what they are saying. 

I probably care more about who we sign up front. Even if the CEO position is as important if not more so. I just hope we appoint the right man and someone that can improve all areas of the football club that need addressing. 

Edited by welldaft