Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

59 minutes ago, stu92 said:

In the club's defence, it's more or less only just happened.

52 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Almost 2 hours ago and Sky were reporting from Edinburgh Airport yesterday as he was about to fly out so it's not like it should have taken them by surprise. It doesn't need to be War & Peace, just a short bit of prepped copy to publish in sync with Sturm Graz.

Then again, it took them 24 hours to acknowledge that Aberdeen were appointing our CEO so...aye fair comment I guess.

2 hours. Hang the comms guy 

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

See below. It's acknowledged in D's thread.

What isn't clear to me (I can't read the minutes on my phone for some reason) is the decision was apparently made in 2017 but the pitch levelling was done last summer. Was the drop always unsafe?

The end of season pitch invasion never looked unsafe to me...

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

What isn't clear to me (I can't read the minutes on my phone for some reason) is the decision was apparently made in 2017 but the pitch levelling was done last summer. Was the drop always unsafe?

Think the regs/or some element of them changed in 2017/18. 

Then, we made the changes last year to level the pitch and had to mess about with the east stand frontage which created a bigger drop. 

We then only got an interim safety certificate on the proviso we fixed it this year. Someone took their eye off the ball with that 

The issue was that the work done last year wasn't up to scratch essentially and it's cost us more this year to rectify. 

An expensive project to level the pitch....

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

This might be more legible?

@eliphas has already answered but seems like the levelling of the pitch was a contributing factor and to answer the question as to how why the stand was open last season - the club were given an interim certificate on the basis that the work was done to fix the issue in a reasonable timeframe.

This actually kind of ties in with what @Al B was saying a while back about work not having been completed in time last summer.

Screenshot2023-07-25at18_27_07.thumb.png.df72d99e6b04844227ceecd8f42f97ae.png

Screenshot2023-07-25at18_25_05.thumb.png.0e74747ad338b322a4172d795d5e080f.png

Edited by capt_oats

9 hours ago, eliphas said:

Have I missed a rumour on Efford? He picked up a knock of some sort did he not, no?

I think you are thinking the same way I am. He seems to be injured. It was clearly noted he had a knock and folk are now assuming he's away out the door. (he might be, I dunno but I've not seen that anywhere)

35 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I think you are thinking the same way I am. He seems to be injured. It was clearly noted he had a knock and folk are now assuming he's away out the door. (he might be, I dunno but I've not seen that anywhere)

I’ve heard he is heading potentially back to the States. Interest from over there which is pretty concrete. 

20 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I’ve heard he is heading potentially back to the States. Interest from over there which is pretty concrete. 

I wouldn't blame him, it must've been a fucking slog of a year, more or less on your own, but it does feel like he'd offer something for us.

46 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I didn't read the well society email about the AGM so I canny watch it.

My Fault I know but seems daft

I was on for a while. Not really anything ground breaking. 

3600 members. 2800 contributing regularly iirc. 

Confirmed squad budget cut back significantly, but not clear if that was based on existing wages / budget from the end of last season or start of last season. Quite a difference. 

Confirmed Derek Weir was assisting club 3 days per week. His contract with Co-op bank comes to an end either in August or Sept. The club are still working with recruitment company looking for a new CEO. Many people have been spoken too. But again not clear if this is a smokescreen and Derek Weir will take it on Full time. Or if he will walk away once we do get around to eventually appointing someone. 

They have provision for 9 people on the Well Society Board and they will look to fill those positions. Voluntary of course, but feel they need more depth of experience and bodies as the likes of Douglas Dickie and Tom Feely still have other jobs. Again I think that is what I heard. 

It was shortly after that I left. Not very enlightening up to that point..

5 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Anyone any idea how the results tonight affect our chances of being seeded? I’ll be honest haven’t followed that side of things.

Airdrie's late winner was likely a fatal blow.

Not impossible but edging towards very unlikely unless there's a big upset.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I was on for a while. Not really anything ground breaking. 

3600 members. 2800 contributing regularly iirc. 

Confirmed squad budget cut back significantly, but not clear if that was based on existing wages / budget from the end of last season or start of last season. Quite a difference. 

Confirmed Derek Weir was assisting club 3 days per week. His contract with Co-op bank comes to an end either in August or Sept. The club are still working with recruitment company looking for a new CEO. Many people have been spoken too. But again not clear if this is a smokescreen and Derek Weir will take it on Full time. Or if he will walk away once we do get around to eventually appointing someone. 

They have provision for 9 people on the Well Society Board and they will look to fill those positions. Voluntary of course, but feel they need more depth of experience and bodies as the likes of Douglas Dickie and Tom Feely still have other jobs. Again I think that is what I heard. 

It was shortly after that I left. Not very enlightening up to that point..

FPC report here: http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/well_society_agm_2023_974171/index.shtml

Spoiler, it does not sound a thriller.

9 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Anyone any idea how the results tonight affect our chances of being seeded? I’ll be honest haven’t followed that side of things.

Remains unlikely. Three teams can still get to 12. Leathering east fife might help.

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

St Johnstone are out I think, St Mirren only hve 6 pts from 3 games and Livi 7 (compared to our 8 )

If St Mirren win at home v Forfar on Saturday they win the group , if that happens they'll be seeded ? Maybe not ?

Edited by billyg