Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, CoF said:

I was thinking the same. Hylton wasn't absolutely outstanding but he was decent enough. 

He certainly had a brief spell when was excellent but the issue with that pair is they arrived rough and - with a short exception for JH - got worse rather than better.

And if you decide both not good enough, it's maybe easier to get the better one off the wage bill.

On today's game....obviously very short up front at the moment with Obika being a doubt as well. 

We've got Ferrie from the young team. Am I right in saying Luca Ross is a forward? But we just played him at right wing back in the first group game? 

Having done a bit of Saturday morning Veronica Mars-ing it seems Keeley recently (March) signed with an Edinburgh based agency (InMotion) who for the most part seem to operate in the Scottish lower leagues. Recent deals include Niang signing for Cove, Aaron Muirhead contract extension at Thistle, Tom Lang signing with Falkirk plus a bunch of academy at Celtic, Hearts, St Mirren etc.

With that in mind a move to Scotland doesn't seem that wild a shout for him.

Whether or not it's us is a different story but we've seen that the Irish league tends to be pretty leaky with this stuff.

We're clearly pretty well stocked for defenders but listening to Kettlewell talking about there being players he's spoken to who may not be in line to play as much as they'd like/expect then it's not a massive leap to identify a couple of centre backs in our group who might fit that profile.

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

We're clearly pretty well stocked for defenders but listening to Kettlewell talking about there being players he's spoken to who may not be in line to play as much as they'd like/expect then it's not a massive leap to identify a couple of centre backs in our group who might fit that profile.

And even better, if we're apparently this close to a done deal, it's not that much more of a leap to conclude we're close to getting at least one of the usual suspects out the door.

Otherwise there's surely no way we'd be using up the precious budget to add yet another CB.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

And even better, if we're apparently this close to a done deal, it's not that much more of a leap to conclude we're close to getting at least one of the usual suspects out the door.

Otherwise there's surely no way we'd be using up the precious budget to add yet another CB.

It depends I guess.

Both Blaney and Tierney moved at the end of the LOI season and signed with us in January so it could be a case of having a deal agreed in principal rather than something imminent.

I mean, as it stands, it's a complete random on Twitter saying it's a rumour going about. It's not like it's one of the Irish journos saying it's a thing.

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

On today's game....obviously very short up front at the moment with Obika being a doubt as well. 

We've got Ferrie from the young team. Am I right in saying Luca Ross is a forward? But we just played him at right wing back in the first group game? 

Luca Ross is a winger by trade. Can play left or right. Not through the middle. 

We genuinely don’t have many other options. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Spittal playing off of Wilkinson at some point. He’s played there a couple of the games off of Obika.

Unfortunately the only ticket I received was for the queens park game but the email before that confirms I bought two tickets. Is the ticket office open today?

Edit: It appears it has been downloaded to the season ticket as below

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
If you are a season ticket holder, you can purchase your own seat(s) for the match.
To get yours, just log in to your account at tickets.motherwellfc.co.uk. Once logged in, your reserved ticket(s) will be in your account menu and will be uploaded to your card. You will not be required to collect a physical ticket if you purchase your season ticket seat(s).
For help, call 01698 333333 or email tickets@motherwellfc.co.uk.

Edited by Well Well

21 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Unfortunately the only ticket I received was for the queens park game but the email before that confirms I bought two tickets. Is the ticket office open today?

Edit: It appears it has been downloaded to the season ticket as below

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
If you are a season ticket holder, you can purchase your own seat(s) for the match.
To get yours, just log in to your account at tickets.motherwellfc.co.uk. Once logged in, your reserved ticket(s) will be in your account menu and will be uploaded to your card. You will not be required to collect a physical ticket if you purchase your season ticket seat(s).
For help, call 01698 333333 or email tickets@motherwellfc.co.uk.

Sorry mate - I never even noticed whether my seats had been reserved, when I bought 🤦‍♂️. In that case yes - will be on your season ticket.

17 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Crikey, that's a step up. 

I’m pretty sure Dinamo went through a Sevco-style era of unpleasantness recently. He’s probably their version of Andy Halliday but less staunch, presumably. 

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Having done a bit of Saturday morning Veronica Mars-ing it seems Keeley recently (March) signed with an Edinburgh based agency (InMotion) who for the most part seem to operate in the Scottish lower leagues. Recent deals include Niang signing for Cove, Aaron Muirhead contract extension at Thistle, Tom Lang signing with Falkirk plus a bunch of academy at Celtic, Hearts, St Mirren etc.

With that in mind a move to Scotland doesn't seem that wild a shout for him.

Whether or not it's us is a different story but we've seen that the Irish league tends to be pretty leaky with this stuff.

Wonder if the plan could be to play him centre half and McGinn at right back 

*assuming there is any truth to it