Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

And Ayr just scored....

Aye so that's Airdrie ahead of us from total points, Ayr ahead of us on goal difference. If things stay as they are and County either score or win the shootout, we're humped for being seeded.

Edited by Al B

Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Airdrie, Ayr and us or County. It looks like.

I just have that feeling it’s a crap draw in the last 16 either way. Really should be going all out for goals. Maybe powers that be just want the OF away for the cash.

Ayr score again so their GD is 2 better, so the only way we'll be seeded is if County lose a shootout.

Edit: County score, so that's seeding oot the windae.

Edited by Al B

2 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

We’re through to next round. Doesn’t matter who we get in the next game, you have to beat the better teams to go through anyway. Being seeded hasn’t exactly helped us in the past. 

If you're looking at winning the cup then yeah, you have to beat the big teams at some point. But if you're looking at the prize money for each round you get through, then you want to avoid them for as long as possible.

We weren't exactly chasing goals to get the seeded spot. Worked out in the end.

I don't understand some of the subs we made. We were never under pressure so why O'Donnell instead of Ross. We already know O'Donnell is a hard waorker but with no attacking qualities.  Putting the new boy on who looks to only be a holding midfielder kind of nullified Miller's attacking presence. I assume Kettlewell wasn't checking the live updates for standings.

Wilkinson will drive me nuts if he gets caught offside 6 times a game. Ridiculous.