Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I mean, Theo Bair relegating us be scoring from about 30 yards is exactly what will happen to us based on the past few years.

We do love a redemption arc to be fair!

Unfortunately we always seem to forget to let go at that point, and we cling on tight as it swings back down into the shitter again, but I'm on board for the first part!

Kettlewell looking to be the first manager to go from Motherwell to Real Madrid with a CV consisting of a pic of Bair holding the Golden Boot and a print oot of this thread.

Two years though? His agent is an absolute master at this. Contract negotiations? Completed it mate.

Edited by Quatermass

One thing that was pretty clear during Ketts time with us was his complete lack of imagination when it came to signing players and that seems to be the case here. However, he did sign Ross Stewart who barely kicked a ball for St Mirren and he turned out alright so your never know with Bair.

4 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

One thing that was pretty clear during Ketts time with us was his complete lack of imagination when it came to signing players and that seems to be the case here. However, he did sign Ross Stewart who barely kicked a ball for St Mirren and he turned out alright so your never know with Bair.

He's just brought in a Midfielder from North Macedonia, so he must be widening his horizions.

Definitely can’t remember a player at Saints who the fans wanted to do well as much as with Theo. I go back to the early 70’s.

Theo is a lovely guy, but he’d be better at basketball. If he somehow manages to do a 180 degree turn and be decent for Motherwell, I’ll not Bair any grudges.

Edited by andrewh

2 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

We signed a striker that couldn't get a contract for a team with only 13 players, 2 at least were keepers, that was too fat and unfit for another SPL team to consider signing...

I’m not surprised the Saudi’s didn’t want him.

Notice that Wilkinson isn’t included in the Outs/Doubts page on the match preview for Dundee which is good news…or bad news depending on how much of a Theo Bair fan you are. 

edit : Barry Maguire sent out with the kids in the B team tonight. Pretty much confirms that he’s surplus to requirements. 

Edited by dezz

6 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Do you have a graph for him? (genuine question) 

bair.thumb.png.19d63e6cafa2aade42be8641f7b69c0a.png

Aerial score a poor representation as it counts daft things as a "won duel". Clip below is one he "won" according to WyScout, somehow.

Aside from that you get nothing. I'm not trying to be cruel or harsh but its probably better for everyone if your expectations for him are on the floor.

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Notice that Wilkinson isn’t included in the Outs/Doubts page on the match preview for Dundee which is good news…or bad news depending on how much of a Theo Bair fan you are. 

edit : Barry Maguire sent out with the kids in the B team tonight. Pretty much confirms that he’s surplus to requirements. 

Nathan McGinley also out there… time for both to move on I think. 

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Same with McGinley. 

Considering we had to use the. On Saturday it's a tad mixed messages for them!