Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Fun fact that in no way tempts fate for Saturday; we've scored in every game we've played under Kettlewell.

Screenshot2023-08-01at22_21_31.thumb.png.4371905193a160fa04f0e2042867711c.pngScreenshot2023-08-01at22_21_58.thumb.png.1d0efb2a51f5108b8a2a5f894d8dcf5a.pngScreenshot2023-08-01at22_22_12.thumb.png.e89e73c80a3e130a8cce892205c81379.png

That is some run when you look at it isn't it. Lovely.

I think we will actually score on Saturday. The tactic is clearly to use big lads up front to disrupt and let our skilful midfielders through to adore 10 a season each. 

52 minutes ago, eliphas said:

That is some run when you look at it isn't it. Lovely.

I think we will actually score on Saturday. The tactic is clearly to use big lads up front to disrupt and let our skilful midfielders through to adore 10 a season each. 

Sure, it includes friendlies/bounce games and the LC groups are obviously against lower leage opposition but that's not really the point to be made eh?

By my count the distribution of goals/player across Kettlewell's games is:
Kevin Van Veen: 15
Blair Spittal: 8
Callum Slattery: 5
Max Johnston 3
Jon Obika: 3
Conor Wilkinson: 2
Lennon Miller: 2
Mark Ferrie: 2
Ross Tierney: 1
Mikael Mandron: 1
Bevis Mugabi: 1
Sean Goss: 1
Own Goal: 1

Edited by capt_oats

10 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Mika Mandron has already scored three times as many goals for St Mirren as Bair did for St Johnstone.

So long as you keep playing checks notes 'Forfar Athletic' and 'Arbroath' then you're on to a winner with that, I reckon!

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Richard Foster gets the Lead Development Coach gig.

Announcing it in a post-match Tweet at 11:03pm feels a bit weird but…fair enough I guess.

I don't know enough about his coaching record or credentials to comment on his skills in that area - could be a great coach for all I know. But he doesn't seem like he has the personality best suited for this kind of position tbh.

While tough love is sometimes needed, 'relentless negativity' doesn't seem like an ideal vibe for a youth setup. Hopefully he has at least worked on his hair-trigger temper from his playing days...

38 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

I don't know enough about his coaching record or credentials to comment on his skills in that area - could be a great coach for all I know. But he doesn't seem like he has the personality best suited for this kind of position tbh.

While tough love is sometimes needed, 'relentless negativity' doesn't seem like an ideal vibe for a youth setup. Hopefully he has at least worked on his hair-trigger temper from his playing days...

Likewise I don’t know whether he will do a good job or not, but listening to that interview I did not think there was anything wrong with message or delivery. In fact I think he got it pretty much spot on. 

Edited by welldaft

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Likewise I don’t know whether he will do a good job or not, but listening to that interview I did not think there was anything wrong with message or delivery. In fact I think he got it pretty much spot on. 

I haven't actually listened to his comments post-match, was more based on his frequent media interviews and conduct as a player and his approach as a pundit / commentator since.

P.S. please don't doxx me out to Amy Macdonald

Edited by For Your Pies Only

11 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Mika Mandron has already scored three times as many goals for St Mirren as Bair did for St Johnstone.

And 3x as many goals as he did for Motherwell.  So what you're saying is, whatever happens at one club has nothing to do with what one does at another... 

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

This bit where St Mirren fans pretend they really like Mandron now is a bit sad and unbecoming tbh. Let us enjoy Theo now and you can have your turn with him in 2 years.

Particularly enjoying them giving it "Actually I'm glad our good goalkeeper is leaving and we now have 'Zach Hemming' and 'Peter Urminsky'."

28 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Particularly enjoying them giving it "Actually I'm glad our good goalkeeper is leaving and we now have 'Zach Hemming' and 'Peter Urminsky'."

Personally I hope somebody at the SPFL is looking into why Robinson was allowed to play a weakened side against Rangers and then force out the one man who questioned him. 

I'm very vaguely aware of the Carson/Robinson thing, and get the impression it's all just speculation regarding what happened, but what's the rumoured gist?

I tried to go back through their thread to find out, but there's only so much you can read about us being "obsessed" with them, whilst seemingly being totally oblivious to the fact that Trevor Carson, Richard Tait, Charles Dunne, Declan Gallagher, Mark O'Hara, Curtis Main, Tony Watt, Mikael Mandron, Keith Lasley, Stephen Robinson, Diarmuid O'Carroll and Martin Foyle, is at the very least....a bit funny.

Claiming to not appreciate why that would become a standing joke, is even weirder than the situation itself.

Anyway.....what's supposedly happened with Robbo and Big Trev?

Just now, Al B said:

I'm very vaguely aware of the Carson/Robinson thing, and get the impression it's all just speculation regarding what happened, but what's the rumoured gist?

I tried to go back through their thread to find out, but there's only so much you can read about us being "obsessed" with them, whilst seemingly being totally oblivious to the fact that Trevor Carson, Richard Tait, Charles Dunne, Declan Gallagher, Mark O'Hara, Curtis Main, Tony Watt, Mikael Mandron, Keith Lasley, Stephen Robinson, Diarmuid O'Carroll and Martin Foyle, is at the very least....a bit funny.

Claiming to not appreciate why that would become a standing joke, is even weirder than the situation itself.

Anyway.....what's supposedly happened with Robbo and Big Trev?

The gist, as far as I can tell, is that Carson invited his family over for their post-split game against the **** only for Robinson to drop him for the game. Carson kicked off about it which Robinson didn't take well.

Having a quick look at Transfermarkt it was the only league game he didn't start last season.

There seems to have been a suggestion that one of Carson's family (brother?) had a go at Robinson during their end of season POTY anaw.

I mean, Robinson's famously laid back so I can't imagine how this became an issue tbh.

The chat was - and this is funny - Trevor's staunch Da and assorted family were coming over to watch him play against their beloved Rangers and Robbo dropped him as it was a dead end of season game and he wanted to try the other keeper out. Trev (and his Da you'd imagine) was raging and that seems to have led to an irredeemable breakdown.

beaten to it by @capt_oats

Edited by Swello