Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It's hard not to feel that the words "doubt" and "Obika" are going to be good pals this season. If I was going to wet my knickers over a striker this season, it would probably be that Obika may end up with a Moult 2022 attendance record.

26 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Oxborough is a lot bigger but didn't come for corners in the East Fife game which Kelly would have easily collected. These were in the 6 yard box and he had no-one in front of him. He would give me the fear if we had to play him for a prolonged period. 

You'd be surprised how many keepers are told not to come for corners under any circumstances. Get something in the way of the ball if it's coming towards your big white rectangular bit, but if it's not, let the defenders do their job.

Not necessarily saying it's our approach, but it's a common one.

54 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I just hope you all have been Googling these Mika songs and don't like, well, you know, actually know any of them through choice?!  

Just for you Kirky ❤️

22 minutes ago, DeadStar said:

I'm going to need some context please xo

He was complaining about us being able to get money for KVV recently in comparison to them being unable to shift Nouble so far. He's been moaning generally about budgets and stuff all summer, which I can only attribute to us dramatically pipping them to 7th

1 hour ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I just hope you all have been Googling these Mika songs and don't like, well, you know, actually know any of them through choice?!  

Don't worry mate, We Are Golden.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He was complaining about us being able to get money for KVV recently in comparison to them being unable to shift Nouble so far. He's been moaning generally about budgets and stuff all summer, which I can only attribute to us dramatically pipping them to 7th

Wunderbar.

Straight into my veins please.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He was complaining about us being able to get money for KVV recently in comparison to them being unable to shift Nouble so far. 

Mental when you think about it eh? 

Nouble only scored 22 fewer goals than KvV last season! 

(FWIW I think Nouble is decent, but there is no comparison with KvV) 

Is that what all these weird posts have been about? 😄

2 minutes ago, DeadStar said:

Wunderbar.

Straight into my veins please.

Good player but I must have missed all the goals Nouble has been banging in. That's what clubs spend money on. 

I only know the one about "Diet coke and a pizza please"

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There might be more to it than the clips I've watched, but was he not just using the example of how Motherwell got their cash for KVV nice and early so they had plenty time to plan and bring in a replacement? Whereas with us selling Nouble, the later in the window it gets the less time he'd have to find a replacement (and I'd imagine anyone he might have identified at the start of the window will have already moved etc)

The moaning about budgets has definitely been ramped up this year though

6 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Mental when you think about it eh? 

Nouble only scored 22 fewer goals than KvV last season! 

(FWIW I think Nouble is decent, but there is no comparison with KvV) 

Big Joel has looked ok on the couple of occasions I've seen him, and as an international star (according to Wiki, which has him listed as turning out for Cascadia ???) he may be Livi's prize asset, but c'mon tae feck. Martindale's fair clutching if he's comparing not receiving bids for him to us earning decent coin on KVV.

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Big Joel has looked ok on the couple of occasions I've seen him, and as an international star (according to Wiki, which has him listed as turning out for Cascadia ???) he may be Livi's prize asset, but c'mon tae feck. Martindale's fair clutching if he's comparing not receiving bids for him to us earning decent coin on KVV.

Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last, Need you by my side