Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Much like Turnbull before and even now he has to learn to do the ugly things well. He is only 16 so I don’t expect him to tackle like Graeme Souness but he does need to be a bit more combative. Of course as a skilful player that is likely to remain a weaker part of his game. There are not many midfielders excel at being both. 

To be fair I just watched the 2nd goal back there..

Not only does Miller win the initial header on the edge of his own box in the build up, he then nips in to win ball back again before playing the 1-2 with McGinn and putting the ball through for Mika. By the time the ball hits the back of the net, he’s already up at the edge of the Hibs box!!

He’s miles ahead of the game. For a 16 year child to be strolling about and looking this good already against guys nearly twice his age is ridiculous. 

As other have said just enjoy him, cause he won’t be here this time next year. 

Edited by Casagolda

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

There he is...

Watching the video it starts with a flick through the folder.  This has always annoyed me, Barry Maguire gets told to strip on 79 minutes then spends six minutes having the formation explained to him - could they not cover that through the week?

Anyway I assume the page that was put to Mika said ‘Just get fucking into them’.

36 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

His dad's a 'Well fan so I assume he is as well. That would have helped when it came to signing the deal.

I'm not sure that comes into it too much, although I am sure the parents of Paul Slane and Bailey Rice heavily influenced their son's desires to move to their clubs.

It just seems sensible that you will get more of a chance at Motherwell than <insert name of larger club here>. If you're good enough you will be signed for the first team, not the youth/reserve/B team.

As some above have said, lets just enjoy the talent while we have it and pray when he moves on it's not to Celtic's bench.

Lee Miller isnae a 'well fan.

Or at least wasn't. He's said so himself.

I'd stick a 4/5 year deal in front of miller just now. He knows we'll sell him but a lengthy contract helps ourselves.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, we have...

In fairness, he seems entirely comfortable with his situation at the moment. It's pretty well known he patched a whole bunch of exactly the sort of clubs folk are talking about to sign his shree year deal with us.

Newcastle interested?

Lads, I've got an idea.

I've fair enjoyed some of the Aberdeen fans on twitter recently saying they should sign Miller on the basis that his da played with them and they have more money than us.

He seems to have his head screwed on so wouldn't be surprised to see him follow the Johnston/ Hickey route and move to the continent next summer rather than join a premier League reserve team

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Newcastle interested?

Lads, I've got an idea.

Given the amount of pish we all post in here, it's genuinely impressive when one idea is so fucking unhinged that it stands alone.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Looks like St mirrens ticket system went down. Any further tickets will now be physical tickets to be collected from the ticket office only.

Given the fact it says you can buy online and collect someone on my timeline suggested they are suspicious of the number of cheaper (junior) tickets been purchased and it's to check on that goin forward.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Given the fact it says you can buy online and collect someone on my timeline suggested they are suspicious of the number of cheaper (junior) tickets been purchased and it's to check on that goin forward.

Well, it's through Motherwells Online site. Not St mirrens like it was prior. St Mirren have probably printed off a bunch of tickets and now handed them over to Motherwell to sell.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

Watching the video it starts with a flick through the folder.  This has always annoyed me, Barry Maguire gets told to strip on 79 minutes then spends six minutes having the formation explained to him - could they not cover that through the week?

Anyway I assume the page that was put to Mika said ‘Just get fucking into them’.

Biereth's goal was a stunner yesterday. 

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Anyone any idea how the game finished today against Accies. I passed it at Dalziel Park. Watched about 5mins then had to head. 

Ox, Lamie, Blaney, McGinley, Ferrie and Efford all playing. 

I thought we were out of the “reserve” league? Maybe just a friendly.