Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Unrelated to anything - who is likely to take the penalties this season?

Spittal?

IDK about Spittal being the guy for a pressure penalty. Spittal's finishing screams bottle merchant. Not Slattery either, he a bit flaky.

Biereth hopefully takes them. Or maybe Wilkinson, he seems like he has a pure strike.

Wilkinson might be a shout for the pens. 

In regards to the big man, I’m just not getting the hate for him at all. Has feels of KVV folk calling him lazy etc. Not saying he is that quality but I think he looks a more than decent addition.

Had nice tidy feet, a good touch, links play well and isn’t afraid to shoot. Two goals on last two games at home aswell plus heavily involved in the goal at Dens. I like the look of him and think could be very tasty alongside Mika.

Edited by wellboy1991

For someone who didn't score many goals, Craigan scored one of the best penalties I've seen us hit in his testimonial, but even with that Big Bev stepping up would give me nightmares.

Why not let Lennon Miller take them? He's a clean striker of the ball and inflating his "numbers" might bump up any transfer fee.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23720229.mika-biereth-reveals-celtic-star-helping-settle-scotland/

Apparently Mika was not really all that fit on Sunday 😳.

Plus (unsurprisingly) he had a lot of loan options. Well done on the gaffer managing to persuade him to come to deepest darkest Lanarkshire. He probably said if you stop talking I will sign anywhere. Please stop 😂.

Hopefully he can stay fit. And hopefully Arsenal don’t have a recall clause in the contract, although I suspect almost all loan deals do. 

Noticed on the story of the match thing that we've started giving out wee badges on the strip to players with >100 appearances under the club badge. O Donnell, Kelly and presumably Lamie if we're ever unlucky enough to see him on the park again.

Bevis and Slattery will likely get to that mark this season - not seen anyone do that sort of thing in scottish football before other than when Joma tried to give the fan badge things to St Mirren strips back in the day.

58 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Noticed on the story of the match thing that we've started giving out wee badges on the strip to players with >100 appearances under the club badge. O Donnell, Kelly and presumably Lamie if we're ever unlucky enough to see him on the park again.

Bevis and Slattery will likely get to that mark this season - not seen anyone do that sort of thing in scottish football before other than when Joma tried to give the fan badge things to St Mirren strips back in the day.

I think this was started a couple of years back in a low key way as part of them doing up the dressing rooms. IIRC, it was Grimmy who was the first to wear one of the special shirts.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

While at the SPFL, at least three or four times a year I would bring up that in Serie A the top scorer from the previous season (or wonderfully titled CAPOCANNONIERE, with a literal translation of 'top gunner') gets a unique little patch for their shirt that literally only they get.

I think they just started filtering out the emails by the time I left, tbh.

4 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

While at the SPFL, at least three or four times a year I would bring up that in Serie A the top scorer from the previous season (or wonderfully titled CAPOCANNONIERE, with a literal translation of 'top gunner') gets a unique little patch for their shirt that literally only they get.

I think they just started filtering out the emails by the time I left, tbh.

Fucking love this type of stuff.

I think clubs that have won the top league at some point in their history should have some sort of badge/star/whatever on their strip (which would allow Dumbarton to lord it over the lower leagues at least) - and similar to what we're doing, players that have played 100/250/500 games in the SPFL (rather than for one club necessarily) should get a wee badge on their strip. Players would love that stuff.

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think clubs that have won the top league at some point in their history should have some sort of badge/star/whatever on their strip (which would allow Dumbarton to lord it over the lower leagues at least) - and similar to what we're doing, players that have played 100/250/500 games in the SPFL (rather than for one club necessarily) should get a wee badge on their strip. Players would love that stuff.

Afaik there's no convention on this in Scotland so you can do whatever you want...hence Aberdeen's two stars.

And I can only imagine getting everyone to agree a set standard will be hard!

31 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Afaik there's no convention on this in Scotland so you can do whatever you want...hence Aberdeen's two stars.

And I can only imagine getting everyone to agree a set standard will be hard!

Yeh - it would have to be a standard thing - no made up stuff.

43 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's absolutely class;

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

...in Serie A the top scorer from the previous season (or wonderfully titled CAPOCANNONIERE, with a literal translation of 'top gunner') gets a unique little patch for their shirt that literally only they get.

If KVV isn't already wearing this around the Euroborg, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Top-Gun-Logo.png