Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Appreciate that mate. Quite aware that it's something that I feel like we've covered about a dozen times (a season, frankly), so glad to hear it still gets a pop!

There's a review of the season and where I feel we are coming up shortly as well, I believe.

It was excellent but as a lifetime inmate of the East Stand/Terracing, I'm not taking any criticism of the place from a main stand type - patreon cancelled 

57 minutes ago, Desp said:

And?  If we keep beating teams that are in the bottom six, then it's very unlikely Motherwell will be joining them there 😉

Didn't we finish 2nd in McCall's last full season largely because we won practically every game against that season's bottom 6?

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Didn't we finish 2nd in McCall's last full season largely because we won practically every game against that season's bottom 6?

Was more pointing towards not comparing other teams that had played top 6 teams, it's apples to oranges or even comparing Motherwell and Dundee Utd's last 10 games 

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

A 10-game form table stretching over two seasons is totally meaningless unless we're unbeaten at the top of it...

🤣

Aye, it's hugely skewed by the split of course, but I didn't see anyone else in the bottom 6 taking 13 points. You can only beat what's in front of you.

Dundee Utd losing all five post-split games was some laugh.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

It was excellent but as a lifetime inmate of the East Stand/Terracing, I'm not taking any criticism of the place from a main stand type - patreon cancelled 

Amazed that was all it took. 

Wonder how many followers I could lose us if I really tried.

37 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Am I right in saying we've only lost 2 league games under Kettlewell? Incredible. 

I think that's right. As we've got a Rangers/Celtic double header approaching, I've got a feeling things are going to change a bit...

59 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Am I right in saying we've only lost 2 league games under Kettlewell? Incredible. 

Dundee United aren’t in the league anymore and we never beat Rangers so those results don’t count, undefeated.

36 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think that's right. As we've got a Rangers/Celtic double header approaching, I've got a feeling things are going to change a bit...

I completely understand it's too good to last but considering we were bottom of the league shortly before he took over, it's quite the turn around. We've carried a bit of luck in the last two games which could easily have been draws and there will no doubt be draws to balance those but there's just a structure to the team that hasn't been evident in quite some time. 

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I know it's at Ibrox rather than Fir Park, but if Dan Casey can assume the mental Hartley role and get right under their skin like the game where big Pete earned us that glorious late draw against them, I don't see why we can't have a right good go at Rangers. They have been absolutely ganting in what I've seen of them so far this season. Hopefully they hang onto Beale until the game comes around to enhance our chances as he's starting to look like a complete fraud, which is nice.