Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

With that in mind, you wonder if a contract extension is in the offing.

It's perhaps not a given how we got burned with Alexander. But as it stands, we already look ok for survival which is when thoughts turn to next season...

As much as the jury is out on SK's signings, steadying the ship this year is a triumph...and then he'll know he has a summer window ahead when he's not just putting out fires in the budget.

No issues with a contract extension- make him feel wanted 

Our kick-off time for our home match against Celtic later this month has been brought forward.  

Originally kicking off at 3pm, the match will now start at the slightly earlier time of 12.30pm on Saturday 30 September.

i will be on holiday, I’m guessing a stream will be available.

Edited by ropy

39 minutes ago, ropy said:

Our kick-off time for our home match against Celtic later this month has been brought forward.  

Originally kicking off at 3pm, the match will now start at the slightly earlier time of 12.30pm on Saturday 30 September.

i will be on holiday, I’m guessing a stream will be available.

As far as I could see that was a blank weekend in Sky's fixtures and I don't see that changed anywhere, so why the move? Someone else maybe picked it up to be announced shortly, or just to suit Celtic's European schedule?

Either way, whenever either them or Rangers are involved you'll usually find plenty of streaming options. 

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

As far as I could see that was a blank weekend in Sky's fixtures and I don't see that changed anywhere, so why the move? Someone else maybe picked it up to be announced shortly, or just to suit Celtic's European schedule?

Either way, whenever either them or Rangers are involved you'll usually find plenty of streaming options. 

It’s apparently to allow us to sell it as a PPV game.

IMG_6343.thumb.jpeg.e4aa8d580a4a83543316330de219df00.jpeg

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I heard at one point, can't remember where, that October was mooted.

I think if that's realistic, we'd already have seen a "back on the grass 👏" post from the club.

That’s what I was thinking, and we haven’t, which leads me to fear it will be much longer unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I heard at one point, can't remember where, that October was mooted.

I think if that's realistic, we'd already have seen a "back on the grass 👏" post from the club.

Aye, I think I thought that too but I don't actually see anything when I look back

Noticed Blaney running in one of the pics so I guess that's a positive. 

25 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Aye, I think I thought that too but I don't actually see anything when I look back

Noticed Blaney running in one of the pics so I guess that's a positive. 

Something I noticed a while back, I don't know if this is common practice or if it was just a mistake, there was a photo used in one of the training updates that was actually from the week before.

This one went up on August 10th but Arseblog had used the same image to announce the loan on August 3rd:

IMG_6344.thumb.jpg.21e6e83c72195672bb533edb5a2ae77c.jpgIMG_6345.thumb.jpg.2f2cd75d767940d2690b3f39fba13999.jpg

On 26/08/2023 at 00:21, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Ach, I'm only having a wee joke.

Seriously, as I said before - us, Killie and you are like sister clubs. Nothing but respect for your club and your fans. 

Looking forward to doing it all again in three weeks at your place! Shall we get the match thread started? 😂 🤯

Motherwell and Kilmarnock are far bigger clubs than St Mirren.

”sister clubs?”. St Mirren are more like a weirdo wee cousin for Kilmarnock and (I guess) Motherwell too.