Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

With the caveat that Kettlewell a) loves the sound of his own voice and b) might not be in a job in a month, this doesn't sound like it's not happening, to me.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/kevin-van-veen-motherwell-return-31508466

I’m happy to crowdfund the mad Dutch bampot’s wages.

I know there is a match day thread for it but what’s our thoughts for Saturday. 

I wouldn’t be adverse to going back to a 5-4-1 or 3-4-3 whatever you class it as. It worked in the away game against Rangers to an extent and also at home to Celtic. 

Kelly (unfortunately)

Spencer - Casey - Butcher - Blaney - Gent. (Howevef appreciate likely to be SODs and Spencer on left)

Davor 

Paton - Slattery - Spittal

Mika. 

Play Mika on the defenders shoulders and supported mainly by Spittal pushing up. 

Doubt he will but if Ketts plays 3 strikers we will be utterly fucked as need an extra body on midfield to try and match Celtic. 

5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

With the caveat that Kettlewell a) loves the sound of his own voice and b) might not be in a job in a month, this doesn't sound like it's not happening, to me.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/kevin-van-veen-motherwell-return-31508466

Full presser is over 20 minutes, guy loves a blether. 

TLDL/W: Kev is his pal and a great player anyone would want, international break is hard for football clubs, standard game plan and character sound bites, folk should stop sacking managers, football club, football club. 

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

It’s got to be a return to the 541 for this game. 

I just hope we don’t get first post of the thread embarrassed. 

I just don't think the 5-4-1 is viable anymore without playing rapid fullbacks (i.e. Gent and Spencer) and Sak won't do that at Celtic Park if anywhere.

Teams know to shut down Slattery and Spittal straight away. The striker becomes isolated and the wingbacks get blocked because they are either on their wrong side or too slow. 

To be clear also, I don't think 3 up top is viable. 

Not really sure what is. 

A long afternoon awaits. 

Edited by eliphas

I don't even care about the weekend. I will be watching the match thread to see how many of the loser Celtic fans on this forum don't post for 2/3 hours to pretend they were at and actually go to the games.

Old Firm games are bad enough, getting them at the start or end of an international break is even worse.

Anyway, as ever I'm not to bothered about the result tomorrow. It could be a cricket score but that's 90% dependent on them rather than us. As long as we show some gumption, organisation and don't collapse completely, I'm fine with getting it over and done with and moving in to Dundee.

HAVE I noticed that before? No I haven't, WILL I be able to ignore it now? Listen, and I've said this before to you guys, I don't get to decide these things. I can only focus is on what's best for this football club.