Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surely Lamie is an upgrade on big Bevis? I've never rated Lamie (as I've went into detail before) but he's been very good for us on the left side of a 3 to the point that I wouldn't be upset if we signed him permanently.

They're as bad as each other imo. And if we bring him back it's not going to be to replace Bevis, it'll be to put him on beside Bevis again. I've watched that pairing more than enough times to tell you that's a disaster waiting to happen. Their collective performance against Sligo over two legs is one of the worst I can remember. 

Watching Hibs struggle a bit passing out from the back yesterday I was laughing/shuddering imagining if we had actually appointed Montgomery last season and tried that with Lamie, Sol, and Bevis.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

GC7WENIWkAAB0dl.thumb.png.d1dfed666dcfc7f1104c8ed439038643.png

Fucked around with everything before trying this, and boy, did i not expect a Motherwell midfield to pop up 😂

Your season turns around and saves you comfortably IMO, when Miller comes back.

Away at crieff hydro for a treat for Mrs p's birthday and the boys have just pointed out Paul mcginn is at the dinner table behind us ! Hopefully can corner him in the bar afterwards watching the darts and try and dig some info out of him ! 

SK is definitely adept at moving people on, but I'd say that signing folk just so he can punt them isn't in the spirit of the thing.

I can see us sticking where we are as far as strikers go, unless Shaw's injury is bad. Have to imagine we will bring in a couple of defenders and at least one midfielder.

Are either Tierney or Mahon shouts to come back to be older on our bench?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

GC7WENIWkAAB0dl.thumb.png.d1dfed666dcfc7f1104c8ed439038643.png

Fucked around with everything before trying this, and boy, did i not expect a Motherwell midfield to pop up 😂

Your season turns around and saves you comfortably IMO, when Miller comes back.

We should totally play one of those midfielders at wing back. That'll sort everything.

7 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Kettlewell is some boy. A magician in getting people to bolt.

Convinced he sits them down in a room and is pleasantly surprised when they agree to move on immediately after he's only been speaking for 20 or 30 minutes 

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Just now, rowsdower said:

SK is definitely adept at moving people on, but I'd say that signing folk just so he can punt them isn't in the spirit of the thing.

I can see us sticking where we are as far as strikers go, unless Shaw's injury is bad. Have to imagine we will bring in a couple of defenders and at least one midfielder.

Tierney's been out injured with a hamstring issue since the start of December.

11 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Convinced he sits them down in a room and is pleasantly surprised when they agree to move on immediately after he's only been speaking for 20 or 30 minutes 

"Your opportunities to play football for the football club will be diminished in comparison to playing football for another football club" 

<door closes>

16 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I can see us sticking where we are as far as strikers go, unless Shaw's injury is bad.

We’re actually alright at scoring. 4th in the league, one more than 3rd placed Hearts. 

If I could only have kept one of Wilkinson Obika and Shaw it would have been Wilkinson. Think that says more about Obika and Shaw right enough and I’m not fussed Wilco is away.

The way we are set up is to defend from the front and neither Obika nor Shaw can tackle a fish supper. Their languid style of not pressing the opposition defence boils my piss to be honest.

23 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Mahon has....wait.....6 in the last 6 for Edinburgh City. 

I didn't expect that as had looked a wee while ago and he hadn't exactly set the heather alight.