Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We know what you are. 

All your achievements (?) over the past few years are tainted im afraid, that "made the top 6 trophy" should be returned.

St Mirrens financial doping over the last few years is pretty close the Rangers dual contract level of cheating if you think about it.

37 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Active convos in this thread:

The video

Society communication

Choosing a religion

January transfers

St J fan arguing with St M fan about cheating with covid money.

Missing anything?

That we wear suits now, cousin.

30 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Anyone taking on even 50% of Watt's wages on a six month loan, while he has 24/25 at full rate to hit the bank, is absolutely mental.

Seems like Dundee united would like to move Watt on permanently.

They probably have to pay him off to make up the wages he won't be getting elsewhere. It really was a ridiculous contract offer for a guy who was having his first purple patch in years. Far too much money to turn down.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Very good video I thought. 

Well spoken, clearly knowledgeable and well thought out responses.  Some wanky questions from the journalists looking for a headline as well 

Could all of that been signposted a bit more and put out in Comms pre video - possibly. But overall good 

Edited by eliphas

17 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Seems like Dundee united would like to move Watt on permanently.

They probably have to pay him off to make up the wages he won't be getting elsewhere. It really was a ridiculous contract offer for a guy who was having his first purple patch in years. Far too much money to turn down.

There can't be many worse wasters of money in the last few years that Utd - it's almost impressive how they actually got the kind of money we're currently begging for on twitter and ended up in a worse state than before.

26 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Very good video I thought. 

Well spoken, clearly knowledgeable and well thought out responses.  Some wanky questions from the journalists looking for a headline as well 

Could all of that been signposted a bit more and put out in Comms pre video - possibly. But overall good 

The interview wasn't really for me tbh but it's not really worth getting into it.

big-trouble-if-i-speak.gif

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The interview wasn't really for me tbh but it's not really worth getting into it.

big-trouble-if-i-speak.gif

Haha, fair enough.

I guess that proves the point of differing audiences and why it's difficult to land stuff. 

You and I agree on a lot of football stuff I'd say but we are miles apart I think on what we both put value on Comms and media wise (which is fine)....and I'm not even an old dithering board member. I'm not counting 40 odd as old and I don't care who says it.

4 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

He mentions the release of the video aligns with some plans they have in America, not a direct quote but something along those lines.

Anyone any idea/guesses on what could be?

Could it be the other guy from Nashville having some contacts?

So, from the sounds of it, we had an approach to buy the club outright 3 years ago. Knocked it back because we're fan owned. That then became an opportunity for someone to buy a minority stake in the club which fell apart when we had a pandemic. Now we've decided to go all in on attracting an American investor. 

I, personally, think my Saturday afternoons need more t-shirt cannons and Buffalo chicken wings. 

God Bless America GIF by MOODMAN

I didn't mind the video. Not sure what it told us. He spoke well and looked confident enough though.

Can't help but think this all disappears the moment he's out the door. 

11 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

So, from the sounds of it, we had an approach to buy the club outright 3 years ago. Knocked it back because we're fan owned. That then became an opportunity for someone to buy a minority stake in the club which fell apart when we had a pandemic. Now we've decided to go all in on attracting an American investor. 

I, personally, think my Saturday afternoons need more t-shirt cannons and Buffalo chicken wings. 

God Bless America GIF by MOODMAN

Just imagine the pies though.

Possibilities are endless.