Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Neil86 said:

he's also got a half decent record which worries me. What's the catch here.

We will get outbid by Arbroath or Kelty Hearts or something . 

Remember we are not allowed nice things .

Edited by Stevie Kirk
Spelling

I don't think it's that mental a rumour. According to McMahon we're not totally skint, and I'd imagine the wage bill has gone down this month rather than up, with all the departures. Then on the other side, he's apparently OOC and I can imagine a lot of foreigners are wanting a move away from Israel ASAP with what's going on. We're in the last week of the window and that's not happened yet so club+ player might be a bit more amenable than they would be otherwise.

48 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't think it's that mental a rumour. According to McMahon we're not totally skint, and I'd imagine the wage bill has gone down this month rather than up, with all the departures. Then on the other side, he's apparently OOC and I can imagine a lot of foreigners are wanting a move away from Israel ASAP with what's going on. We're in the last week of the window and that's not happened yet so club+ player might be a bit more amenable than they would be otherwise.

Aye. I don't necessarily think it'll happen but equally I don't think it's a particularly mental rumour .

It's entirely in line with some of the signings we were making when Alexander was here eg: Sol, Ojala, Efford etc which isn't an endorsement but we've got previous for looking in other markets. Albeit as @Casagolda says it's a departure from what we've seen recruitment-wise from Kettlewell.

I suppose Davor is probably the most left-field pick-up we've seen from Ketts given we brought him in from Cyprus.

I'd question how reliable the info is from the Israeli media but from a quick swatch on Twitter it looks like the same source was touting him for a move when the window opened.

Edited by capt_oats

Twitter rumour doing the rounds that SOD has accidentally guillotined himself doing shuttle runs up Dalziel Park this afternoon 

An ambulance was quickly on the scene but it skidded and crashed into an orphanage killing everyone in an enormous fireball.

According to social media doomsayers SOD is expected to be out for at least 6 years.

Etc.

8 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Bloody annoying when someone quotes you, before you get a chance to correct yourself.

I've got a misses like that! 🙈🤣

Screenshot_20240126_174303_Samsung Internet.jpg

@YassinMoutaouakil actually quoted that a while after I'd corrected myself.

Absolutely raging about it tbqh. :lol:

Edited by capt_oats

22 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Bloody annoying when someone quotes you, before you get a chance to correct yourself.

I've got a misses like that! 🙈🤣

Screenshot_20240126_174303_Samsung Internet.jpg

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

@YassinMoutaouakil actually quoted that a while after I'd corrected myself.

Absolutely raging about it tbqh. :lol:

He's Finnish

I have got to the point I would rather not know who we are after until they are in the building. Why does pretty much every player we seek to bring on board get leaked especially those where there is likely to be lots of competition. I know the answer is agents….but it is becoming tedious.

I look forward to seeing Ozbolt sign up for Sturm Graz, Exeter City, Wigan, Dundee, St Mirren, Hibernian, Forest Green, Rotherham, Portsmouth, Hearts, any random foreign club**

** delete as appropriate 

3 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Wiki says he's 5ft 10 - not in the Ketts mould at all. Might be a good thing though, what's it called when you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

Motherwell recruitment

8 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Wiki says he's 5ft 10 - not in the Ketts mould at all. Might be a good thing though, what's it called when you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

Wiki also has Davor as 5'9" so I'm not sure what to make of Wiki.