Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Will this KVV deal not involve a fee to his current club plus significant wages plus signing on fee?

I don't see why anyone in Scotland would agree to that.

I mentioned before on here, Groningen's negotiating position is basically nil.

They currently have a (allegedly) fat problem who doesn't want to be there costing them (allegedly) 10k a week. Even giving him away for free till May, if he gets sharp and gets his head together, is better than the current situation in terms of being sold or a viable squad player post summer.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

Also just saw a quote from McInness yesterday saying Killie are looking at 1 more addition but likely to be a defender. 

So Hearts aren’t in for him and Killie is doubtful. He’s going to fucking St Mirren isn’t he. 

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Fwiw, Jamie Borthwick spoke to Frail.

Sounds like we have made Groningen an offer but they have turned it down for now to wait and see if anyone else offers more. If that doesnt happen they would have to either accept our offer or keep an unhappy player until May.

9 minutes ago, dezz said:

Also just saw a quote from McInness yesterday saying Killie are looking at 1 more addition but likely to be a defender. 

So Hearts aren’t in for him and Killie is doubtful. He’s going to fucking St Mirren isn’t he. 

He's said we are looking at a striker and defender but we are now short at back due to suspensions and injury so i think it's more likely to be a defender. 

We also have Vassell, Watkins, Cameron, Stewart, Kennedy, Armstrong etc, so not like we are light up top.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

I am on a plane at 3pm and then a week on a boat with limited WiFi, just get the business done early (and win 4 games before I am back). 

These P&O Cruise holidays are going downhill, aren't they?

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Our wage bill is a good bit below Motherwells. 

It maybe was the past few seasons but I very much doubt that is true today. And to say it is a GOOD bit below tells me that is nonsense. 

I reckon Kelly apart you would be paying more to the likes of Vassell, Matty Kennedy, Stuart Findlay and Greg Stewart for starters. 

Don’t suppose it matters much other than correcting a spurious claim.

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Billy Bowie plows money into that club suhin awful and pays players off the books (I am making this up and sticking to it).

Very harsh mate.  It's well known Kyle Lafferty worked part-time behind the hotel bar when he was at Killie.  £400 a hour...

32 minutes ago, welldaft said:

It maybe was the past few seasons but I very much doubt that is true today. And to say it is a GOOD bit below tells me that is nonsense. 

I reckon Kelly apart you would be paying more to the likes of Vassell, Matty Kennedy, Stuart Findlay and Greg Stewart for starters. 

Don’t suppose it matters much other than correcting a spurious claim.

Our highest earner is 2k, that's our wage structure - if you are paying Kelly more than 2k then more fool you. Findlay is on loan, absolutely no chance we are paying more to him than tou are paying the likes of SOD. Our accounts should be out soon enough so easy enough to compare wage bills. 

Were in for Adam Levine from Rangers on loan, well us and killie apparently. With our huge wage budget I’m sure we’ll blow Killie out the water with this one

Adam Devine, apologies 

Edited by boozyBJ