Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

27 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Bair 

Gent Spittal 

Bayabu Halliday Dave Devine

McGinn Butcher Sod 

Kelly 

Would be happy enough with this tomorrow.

Miller for Halliday

Nicholson for Gent  (Gent at left back)

Casey for SOD or McGinn. I don't really like McGinn playing on the left of a 3. 

For me. 

Edited by eliphas

Quite annoyed that I've been looking forward to this game for a few weeks , took my final day of holiday this year to make the game, and about 3 hours ago my boy decides to pull a letter out of his schoolbag that's been in there for a week that says he has a qualifier for a school swimming tournament tomorrow at 3pm 😡

1 hour ago, Ill Ray said:

Bair 

Gent Spittal 

Bayabu Halliday Dave Devine

McGinn Butcher Sod 

Kelly 

Would be happy enough with this tomorrow.

Laughed more than I should have at "Dave".

On 01/02/2024 at 17:21, fat_tony said:

I still maintain that KVV Will turn up and hugely disappoint whoever signs him. He was immense last season but odds are slim on him repeating it. Perhaps we're best with the memories.

Appreciate I’m a day and about 20 pages late but I think the good thing for us is that we are not even that desperate for a striker. So if KVV is a flop then he’ll be dropped for someone else. There’s no guarantee (taking into account time to get match fit) that’s he’s even a guaranteed starter with Stewart coming in and Vassell being the captain. Marley Watkins has been great as well.

The talk is that Vass needs an operation so if true KVV will be a like for like replacement and, based on their time in Scotland, is likely to score more goals than Vassell. However we are in a privileged position now when it comes to attacking players.

Let’s not revise history. KVV was a phenomenon. To score in 11 consecutive games for a club record was nothing short of superpowers. 

It is almost as if we took it for granted. I loved Louis Moult as we all did. But KVV took it to another level.

I really like the post that suggested he would help wipe out our opposition for the drop was genius. Let’s hope he does.

Who knows how well he will do for Killie. Still wish he came back to us. Hopefully he does not get on the pitch tomorrow. He is such a maverick genius 😍

Kelly

Elliot Mugabi Butcher McGinn Buyabu

Miller - Wee Dave

Spittal Bair Gent 

Killie have a shed load of pace out wide and we need to match them. Putting SODS against Kennedy or Armstrong will be suicide. Might too early for the two new boys….

Don’t know how fit Casey is. If he’s fit then  slot him instead of Bevis. However that would weaken us aerially. But feel Casey might be better against Kev. 

Maybe Nicolson for Gent. However it’s Kettlewell. He will defo play Paton and SODS somewhere. May

As far as I can see KVV hasn’t played a competitive game since 24/11/23. Ten weeks ago. Throw in the wean being born etc., things clearly not working at his ‘new’ Club etc. and I strongly doubt he is anywhere near match fitness. Could be a piece of brilliance by Killie or one of the absolute worst loan deals in recent Scottish football top flight history.

I’d still expect him to be on the bench and get 15 or 20 mins if Killie are coasting or chasing a goal for the equaliser/winner (😂).

However, if the above is an accurate assessment of where mad Kev is, and the bold yin walks on and scores we’d be as well just forfeiting all remaining fixtures this season 0-3 and take our chances in the Play Off (sorry Livi).

It would show just how bad we are at the back and would be just another painful low in a season of troughs. 

31 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Let’s not revise history. KVV was a phenomenon. To score in 11 consecutive games for a club record was nothing short of superpowers. 

It is almost as if we took it for granted. I loved Louis Moult as we all did. But KVV took it to another level.

I really like the post that suggested he would help wipe out our opposition for the drop was genius. Let’s hope he does.

Who knows how well he will do for Killie. Still wish he came back to us. Hopefully he does not get on the pitch tomorrow. He is such a maverick genius 😍

Maybe it’s because he played in a superior team for spells but I’d take peak Moult over peak KVV everyday, personally.

24 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Maybe it’s because he played in a superior team for spells but I’d take peak Moult over peak KVV everyday, personally.

KVV is a "better" footballer for me but Moult's record in big games was absolutely ridiculous. It felt like almost all his goals were against the Old Firm, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or Accies. 

KVV can undoubtedly do stuff with a ball that Moult probably couldn't even envisage but doing it at away to Ross County or Livi won't live as long in the memory as Moult bulleting it past Aberdeen in that QF or lobbing folk at Hampden.

51 minutes ago, Quatermass said:

As far as I can see KVV hasn’t played a competitive game since 24/11/23. Ten weeks ago. Throw in the wean being born etc., things clearly not working at his ‘new’ Club etc. and I strongly doubt he is anywhere near match fitness. Could be a piece of brilliance by Killie or one of the absolute worst loan deals in recent Scottish football top flight history.

I’d still expect him to be on the bench and get 15 or 20 mins if Killie are coasting or chasing a goal for the equaliser/winner (😂).

However, if the above is an accurate assessment of where mad Kev is, and the bold yin walks on and scores we’d be as well just forfeiting all remaining fixtures this season 0-3 and take our chances in the Play Off (sorry Livi).

It would show just how bad we are at the back and would be just another painful low in a season of troughs. 

KVV didn’t train with his team mates today…

Hopefully whoever we play… Vassel, Watkins and Stewart can tire out the Motherwell defence before we unleash KVV….

I love KVV, but prime moult wins for me all day long if comparing the two. His goals in big games and overall attitude edge him ahead. Neither of them get past TC for me though.

I'd have the current day version of both in the team right now though. Probably today's TC too.

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Appreciate I’m a day and about 20 pages late but I think the good thing for us is that we are not even that desperate for a striker. So if KVV is a flop then he’ll be dropped for someone else. There’s no guarantee (taking into account time to get match fit) that’s he’s even a guaranteed starter with Stewart coming in and Vassell being the captain. Marley Watkins has been great as well.

The talk is that Vass needs an operation so if true KVV will be a like for like replacement and, based on their time in Scotland, is likely to score more goals than Vassell. However we are in a privileged position now when it comes to attacking players.

Well, yes, but we’ve got hunners of full backs. So there. 

7 hours ago, welldaft said:

He absolutely was and more earned the love he got (and still has). I'd love to see him do the business for Killie (after today) and if it's scoring against our rivals all the better.

But it's not unreasonable to question whether his career spell will continue...didn't Clarkson score in eight consecutive for Dundee then never again? I think Stewart also had a great run at one point etc that was way beyond his normal level.

7 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Killie have a shed load of pace out wide and we need to match them. Putting SODS against Kennedy or Armstrong will be suicide. Might too early for the two new boys….

Armstrong and Kennedy absolutely killed us in the first half at FP last time but the 3-6-1 brain flash clogged the midfield, cut their supply and took them out the game. 

It's certainly a massive risk chucking the new guys in against them but I imagine prevention rather than cure will be the plan again regardless of who we stick out there.

Reading the last page or so and realising it’s blooming nice actually having different options btw. We 100% had the weakest bench in the league before the January window. 

I also watched every second of that YouTube video. I’be only really vague memories of Tommy Coyne but what a player.