Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

48 minutes ago, Wellin said:

Mine don't go into junk and Im with Yahoo who are notorious for putting emails in spam folders. I get the point you are making but if someone was on twitter (and I get not everyone is) they'll have seen the tweets about the issue as well. Plus there was a three week timescale between the original communication and the vote as far as I'm aware. Of course there's been apathy, the voting figures show that some fans didn't care enough to vote at this point. Excluding the people who may have missed this as you say. 

I mean, 36%, as mentioned, is an exceptional click through rate for any kind of email campaign. There's a not insignificant part of the Motherwell and society support who will not be 'digital natives' 🫠. The society has also been running for over a decade. Unless the database work on that front has been handled regularly and maintained consistently by someone then there's some inevitable natural wastage in there. My dad still uses an AOL email address FFS, and I'd place him in the "Not completely hopeless online" category. 

TL;DR - 36% sounds bad; isny really.

Given that it would potentially trigger an actual regulated financial transaction - I would imagine that a real vote would be done on bits of paper through the post (as per the f**k sevco right up the bugle vote all those years back). If people didn't vote on that basis, they've abstained and that's that.

45 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I've seen folk buying their newborn kids a Junior Steel membership which obviously rules them out of voting. 

42 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'd argue little Fras' vote matters just as much as mine, if not more, I'm a fucking ghoul.

Thought about casting a vote for Kaitlyn just to see if it would stand but she was too busy eyeball deep in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and ignored me when I asked her. 

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Thought about casting a vote for Kaitlyn just to see if it would stand but she was too busy eyeball deep in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and ignored me when I asked her. 

That's the kind of apathy that will see this club die. Get her telt. 😂

I agree that for these kind of things 36% isn't bad at all and, to be fair, I think that it would have been more problematic should the vote have gone the other way. I.e. that would have redlined us losing our majority, whereas right now all that's happened is we've said we're kind of up for anything, but we're still going to vote when something actually happens.

Tbh, the vote went the way I expected, if not the way I actually voted, based on the way the question was presented. Essentially why would you rule something out when you don't know what the options are?

That said, in line with a point that @Swello made earlier, I'd imagine that the club/WS would have remained in conversation with all of the interested parties regardless of which way the vote went so I don't think there's really much change on that front.

It's annoying that it leaves us still suspended in this kind of limbo since as @Handsome_Devil has been saying I think we'd be far better served sorting our own house out first in terms of CEO and all that stuff.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Oor Nathan has signed for Ayr 

Fair play. Genuinely thought he'd just chuck it. 

Edited by Ron Aldo

2 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Oor Nathan has signed for Ayr 

Opinions on him? 

Heard when he signed for Thistle he wasn’t great but I’m presuming he’ll be a stop gap till the summer as our first choice left back is injured. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Opinions on him? 

Heard when he signed for Thistle he wasn’t great but I’m presuming he’ll be a stop gap till the summer as our first choice left back is injured. 

Honestly good question at this point. He was never very good but has barely kicked a ball in 18 months or so now. Got on for us in September for about 10 minutes, went to Thistle where he never played a minute.

Honestly I kind of assumed he was chucking fitba all together.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Opinions on him? 

Ask Graham Alexander. Except don’t or you might think you are a shoe in for a play off place.

11 minutes ago, Wellmental21 said:

Told by a very reliable source at the club that David Lindores and Greg Anderson (EK based businessman) are leading a consortium to invest in the club. Not thought to be one of the two that have been mentioned by the club so far

See to be honest with you. I think that sources at the club should keep this stuff to themselves. Particularly given the well society members have just had a vote and we aren't party to any other information regarding investment and who wants to invest. Totally unprofessional if people are leaking info like this and I don't think it should be posted on here either because it could potentially affect their decision to go ahead with it if it's posted on open forums 

Edited by Wellin

Wouldn't be so down on it. Leaking could also be a tactical move the other way. 

At the moment we've no local business type bids we know about. Just foreign investment which no one really trusts. Now, suddenly we've got knowledge of a local potential bid for investment just after a vote result comes of the WS? Im sure a sizeable chunk of fans who don't want foreign majority stakeholder are suddenly interested 

In regards the vote, into the same vein of wanting investment bids,  the WS vote goes the other way and it probably empties the two candidates who want a majority, perhaps clears a path perhaps for a non majority local bid. Good for those who want It. Bad for those who want as many investment options as possible. It goes the way it has and we have competitive tension in the bidding process. Which is a good thing. 

Edited by eliphas

16 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Wouldn't be so down on it. Leaking could also be a tactical move the other way. 

At the moment we've no local business type bids we know about. Just foreign investment which no one really trusts. Now, suddenly we've got knowledge of a local potential bid for investment just after a vote result comes of the WS? Im sure a sizeable chunk of fans who don't want foreign majority stakeholder are suddenly interested 

In regards the vote, into the same vein of wanting investment bids,  the WS vote goes the other way and it probably empties the two candidates who want a majority, perhaps clears a path perhaps for a non majority local bid. Good for those who want It. Bad for those who want as many investment options as possible. It goes the way it has and we have competitive tension in the bidding process. Which is a good thing. 

I get your point but Im a well society member and this gets leaked on a fans forum. I'm not suggesting that I should know more because I am a society member I just think it's off that anyone is discussing this given that people who voted were given no information on any of the potential investors. It comes from the club or the society or what is the point. 

Edited by Wellin

14 minutes ago, Wellin said:

I get your point but Im a well society member and this gets leaked on a fans forum. I'm not suggesting that I should know more because I am a society member I just think it's off that anyone is discussing this given that people who voted were given no information on any of the potential investors. It comes from the club or the society or what is the point. 

Pretty sure the papers have been leaking exclusives before fans knew things for years 

haven’t shared  anything that society board won’t be or will be made aware of soon.

Edited by Wellmental21

16 minutes ago, Wellin said:

Yeah, I get that, but it's part and parcel with these types of things (i.e. Business sales/investment) a lot of the time. Very hard to keep things like that watertight. Especially essentially small business like ourselves.