Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Not normally one for former players chat but I see Biereth scored away at Lille tonight. 

Reckon we'd be a few points better off if St Mirren hadn't tried to maim him at the start of the season. 

Normally I'd agree - but making chances and scoring goals has never been a problem for us this season, regardless of who we've had up front - instead we've been treated to the classic sight of Motherwell forward with hands on hips looking back angrily at the defence and goalkeeper on a weekly basis. 

However we end up this season - this has been a good attacking Motherwell team (with the most infuriating defence for about 20 years)

6 hours ago, Swello said:

However we end up this season - this has been a good attacking Motherwell team (with the most infuriating defence for about 20 years)

Mmm, I think we've definitely turned into a good attacking team but I don't think we were earlier in the season. Superficially on goals scored, yes, but there was that loooong spell we never scored in the first half and most of our goals came after the 70-minute mark when we'd switched to panic mode.

I don't think we'd necessarily have scored more goals with a fit Biereth but I think we'd have scored some of them earlier in games as a result of a better, more structured attack, and that would almost certainly have brought more points.

11 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Not normally one for former players chat but I see Biereth scored away at Lille tonight. 

Please stop doing this.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Who remembers his flying header into his own pokey?

He did it twice I think - I'm sure that's what put us ahead in the Stevie Woods Game.

5 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Please stop doing this.

Thank you.

Tony Watt scored twice for Dundee United at the weekend with Moult getting the winner earlier in the week also. 

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Now that it probably won't be us playing them in a playoff I feel safe to say that United not winning the league would be very very funny. 

Dont know why but I agree. It would make me quite happy if Raith beat them to promotion even if that means reliving the cup tie so bloody soon. 

What would make happier is an Aberdeen v United play off. That would be class. Hopefully we can do our bit tomorrow 🤞

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Now that it probably won't be us playing them in a playoff I feel safe to say that United not winning the league would be very very funny. 

As @Desp Just said in a chat, No one wants to win that league. Raith will probably lose the mora.

24 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I said to my United mate at Xmas that if we were in the playoffs I'd rather play them with everything to lose than Raith with a free shot at glory...I still think United will stumble over the line because Raith are at least as inconsistent as them but if United are in the playoffs they'll lose to County or St J. Or us.

39 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Dont know why but I agree. It would make me quite happy if Raith beat them to promotion even if that means reliving the cup tie so bloody soon. 

I'm still a bit bitter about the Watt thing really. It's obviously went hilariously badly for them since but for a brief period it looked like they'd big dogged us. 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm still a bit bitter about the Watt thing really. It's obviously went hilariously badly for them since but for a brief period it looked like they'd big dogged us. 

Each to their own but the second details of that deal emerged plenty folk went 'ooft, rather you than me, mate'...

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Each to their own but the second details of that deal emerged plenty folk went 'ooft, rather you than me, mate'...

Ha, I'm glad it's not us forking out £5k a week or whatever but it was a boot in the baws at the time imo, so I'm happy to see them go through a few more years of strife for it.

50 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Ha, I'm glad it's not us forking out £5k a week or whatever but it was a boot in the baws at the time imo, so I'm happy to see them go through a few more years of strife for it.

Box office would be Tony and Flow rolling about on the turf at Pittodrie in the 2nd leg of the playoff after some verbal.

10 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

if United are in the playoffs they'll lose to County or St J. Or us.

If they make it that far. 

On 12/03/2024 at 19:27, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Big Drew is going to get us £10m for Theo.

Screenshot_20240312_192641_Instagram.thumb.jpg.adf0af602a5310c86548410be0e63c90.jpg

I have fear about a knee injury and Oli Shaw’s arc having to be accelarated