Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

57 minutes ago, Swello said:

Near the ground(s), I've always gone into Whites, which will be mainly Dundee fans but there are usually some 'Well supporters in there too - ditto the Clep Bar. Both just old school boozers and pretty welcoming, nothing fancy. 

In the city centre on the way to/from the station, always the Phoenix. 

Swello knows what he's about. Is the balmore still open? Similarly good boozer in Stobie. 

Start in the Phoenix with a pint of chips, taxi up to the clep.

Clep bar is top class, impossible to hold a conversation while admiring all the various memorabilia around the walls.

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Swello knows what he's about. Is the balmore still open? Similarly good boozer in Stobie. 

Start in the Phoenix with a pint of chips, taxi up to the clep.

Clep bar is top class, impossible to hold a conversation while admiring all the various memorabilia around the walls.

That’s me in the Phoenix now, thanks for all the help everyone that replied 👍

10 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

I’m beginning to think you don’t like him. 

There is a lot of apologist stuff goin on for him cos we've managed to scrape a lot of draws. In reality we're baws. Terrible to watch. He sticks with his weird 5-2-3 formation regardless of who's in the team or what changes he makes. The defence has been stinking all season and there's been zero attempt to rectify that. (I mean the centre, not the 18 WBs we signed). We go behind a lot, often against teams we could have beaten. 

I've turned it aff but I am hearing my favourite goalie is showing how great he is.

Edited by Busta Nut

At the risk of repeating myself for the hundredth time, but if we do stay up this season we need a total refresh in defense and goals. A total refresh. 

I have given Ketts the benefit of the doubt many times. But if he cannot see the blindingly obvious he can pack his bags as well. None of this offering contracts to any defensive players or even Kelly. Could get a better keeper for half the price.

Edit to add - hopefully Killie get the win and Hibs can get a winner. So we lose no ground on those below. Edit to add - you useless b*****ds Hibs ! 

Edited by welldaft

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

At the risk of repeating myself for the hundredth time, but if we do stay up this season we need a total refresh in defense and goals. A total refresh. 

I have given Ketts the benefit of the doubt many times. But if he cannot see the blindingly obvious he can pack his bags as well. None of this offering contracts to any defensive players or even Kelly. Could get a better keeper for half the price.

I think that's universally agreed. The difference in opinion is over whether we roll the dice on a new boss yet again or whether we try something different and develop SK.

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Wait a moment - WTF is happening 

We should be home and dry (honk) with three points on the balance of chances.

Box to box we're as stodgy as anyone else but it's easy to see why Dundee and st Mirren are upper midtable and we're lower.

Now where was I…..

That this team is in with a chance of top 6 is hilarious. If we had a defence we would be top 4….maybe getting carried away a little.

I hate this team and love this team 😍😍