Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Is it time to bench Spittal and try alternatives for next season?

I don't think Spittal has downed tools based on today. He's just gone off the boil again 

Just now, Wellin said:

None. Given the Dundee result 

Still 5 games to go of course, but if Shaw scores that we'd be sitting 7th instead of 8th right now. It's hardly Top Six money, but how much is an extra place worth at the end of the season?

Mind you, by that logic pretty much every last one of our players has cost us a point or three somewhere along the line this season.

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Still 5 games to go of course, but if Shaw scores that we'd be sitting 7th instead of 8th right now. It's hardly Top Six money, but how much is an extra place worth at the end of the season?

Mind you, by that logic pretty much every last one of our players has cost us a point or three somewhere along the line this season.

Exactly 

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

Dundee fans quite exited at having a bang average season. 😂 

Top six as a promoted team is an excellent season tbf.

Also means our 2022 vintage no longer the worst side to make it.

Given where we were in summer, I'd have taken our current position quite happily. The city clubs opening the door makes it frustrating but this year was a balancing the books while surviving effort.

We can now look forward to a fresh start next season both and off the pitch.

Pleased to see Robinson and Lasley make Europe as well.

Joking about bow bad Shaw is is fine, but if we're going to put a cost on his miss (which looked offside anyway) based on league placings in five games time, we need to do the same for every other miss or goal conceded.

He potentially cost us a banter win today, that's it.

Edited by rowsdower

Giving the Dundee score at the end I was hoping we could draw to be the custodians of patter with hibs Hibsing it. 

Peak Cinch and we’ve played our part. In an ideal world results would’ve gone our way but big ask. 

7 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Joking about bow bad Shaw is is fine, but if we're going to put a cost on his miss (which looked offside anyway) based on league placings in five games time, we need to do the same for every other miss or goal conceded.

He potentially cost us a banter win today, that's it.

He's cost us a few points over the season but so have plenty others. He's contributed little for his wage but so have plenty others etc.

Essentially it's just easy to put a face on your frustrations at the season, our squad and so on, and I'm afraid Ollie Shaw with his offensively gelled hair is it this time.

1 minute ago, Eliphas Pettigrew said:

Crazy to think how this season has panned out that we even had a chance of top 6, which probably isnt a great reflection on the league

I said something similar months ago but with the addition the quality of the league is something you only care about when losing. St Mirren will probably become the worst team to ever reach Europe through the league (again displacing us) and will quite rightly give zero fucks.

What i do find increasingly remarkable is the gap Hibs and Aberdeen have to the rest is bigger than ever and yet they're still basically totally incompetent. No doubt over summer we'll all be solidly predicting the big five will be the top five and equally certain is come this time next year we'll all be proved wrong!

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Top six as a promoted team is an excellent season tbf.

Also means our 2022 vintage no longer the worst side to make it.

Given where we were in summer, I'd have taken our current position quite happily. The city clubs opening the door makes it frustrating but this year was a balancing the books while surviving effort.

We can now look forward to a fresh start next season both and off the pitch.

Pleased to see Robinson and Lasley make Europe as well.

They're certainly gonna need the money.

The fact we're in the mix at the death after our 18 game run, and 1 clean sheet per 11 games is a disgrace in itself.

We really didn't deserve to be even within a shout. That display today was the beige-ist of all beige when there's something to play for, just flat again. Hibs seemed like the home team and should have tucked us away if more composed. However, robbing them of top 6 hopes at the death was a bit shithousey and I'm all for that.

Spittal's form has fallen off a cliff since Hearts announced him. That really needs addressed as a league with rules, it benefits nobody. His only contribution today was that push after the penalty dive, trying to get a 5 second gif made on a Hearts twitter account.

Just now, Vietnam91 said:

Spittal's form has fallen off a cliff since Hearts announced him. That really needs addressed as a league with rules, it benefits nobody. His only contribution today was that push after the penalty dive, trying to get a 5 second gif made on a Hearts twitter account.

I think he's trying too hard and making poor choices...he made an unbelievable, and brave, headed clearance to deny Boyle a tap-in too tbf.

3 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

They're certainly gonna need the money.

The fact we're in the mix at the death after our 18 game run, and 1 clean sheet per 11 games is a disgrace in itself.

We really didn't deserve to be even within a shout. That display today was the beige-ist of all beige when there's something to play for, just flat again. Hibs seemed like the home team and should have tucked us away if more composed. However, robbing them of top 6 hopes at the death was a bit shithousey and I'm all for that.

I agree re Spittal but that was not his only contribution today 

Edited by Wellin