Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Wellin said:

I think Halliday is a good footballer 

He has been attrocius in the last 2 games. He hasn't got the legs any more. He is Calum Butcher mk II.

The club needs to learn from their mistakes

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Slattery will be offered a short term deal until he is fit. He is unlikely to be fit before the close of the transfer window. 

He's out of Contract this summer I believe so hopefully the club will offer him another year 

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He has been attrocius in the last 2 games. He hasn't got the legs any more. He is Calum Butcher mk II.

It was either Aberdeen or St Mirren the other week but every time he got the ball he played it backwards 

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The club needs to learn from their mistakes

I personally think Butcher gets too much of a hard time given it was a horrible injury that's hindered him. And I absolutely think Halliday wasn't a bad signing for us

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Slattery will be offered a short term deal until he is fit. He is unlikely to be fit before the close of the transfer window. 

Spotted him limping down the stairs in the main stand today so he isn't coming back this season. 

6 minutes ago, Wellin said:

I think Halliday is a good footballer 

I think he was.

He has shown nothing in a Motherwell jersey so far to prove he still is.

May well just need a proper pre season and a run of games.

But the jury is still out.......

Just now, joewarkfanclub said:

I think he was.

He has shown nothing in a Motherwell jersey so far to prove he still is.

May well just need a proper pre season and a run of games.

But the jury is still out.......

He's a good influence to be around the club and I hope you are right re just needing a run of games. 

4 minutes ago, Wellwatcher said:

Spotted him limping down the stairs in the main stand today so he isn't coming back this season. 

He had a bad injury that needed an operation so no way will he play for us this season 

For many on here criticising Davor is akin to herecy. He is a bang average midfielder. Genuinely no better than Maguire. Just a wee bit shorter. 

Typical game in many ways. We seem to b triggered by the opposition scoring. The only mistake made was that a Hibs were not 2 or 3-0 up. Then we would have won. 

Kelly had a very good game. 6 words I did not think I would type anytime soon. 

Apart from that Gent is a baller. No chance we can keep him sadly.

Casey in that second half was almost comedic. He legitimately tried to give the opposition several goals. That pass across our box just being one moment of ineptitude of many. The weather did not help but we need a total overhaul of the defence and GK. As in move everyone on in the CB and GK position. 

Glad we did not lose obvs. And to see that out of 33 games we have only lost a dozen in such an apparently poor season is somewhat surprising..

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

For many on here criticising Davor is akin to herecy. He is a bang average midfielder. Genuinely no better than Maguire. Just a wee bit shorter. 

Typical game in many ways. We seem to b triggered by the opposition scoring. The only mistake made was that a Hibs were not 2 or 3-0 up. Then we would have won. 

Kelly had a very good game. 6 words I did not think I would type anytime soon. 

Apart from that Gent is a baller. No chance we can keep him sadly.

Casey in that second half was almost comedic. He legitimately tried to give the opposition several goals. That pass across our box just being one moment of ineptitude of many. The weather did not help but we need a total overhaul of the defence and GK. As in move everyone on in the CB and GK position. 

Glad we did not lose obvs. And to see that out of 33 games we have only lost a dozen in such an apparently poor season is somewhat surprising..

I don't think Davor is bang average. No better than Maguire. Come on. Ridiculous. No wonder people laugh at these boards the shite some people talk. 

And seriously. Give Casey a break. Why would he try to give the opposition goals. 

Dan Casey was a very good player for us last season and bringing him back was the right decision at the time, however this season he has been consistently poor, the biggest problem with that is we don't have anyone that is considerably better than him. The pass directly to the Hibs player in the 2nd half was laughably bad and should've seen us concede.

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

Dan Casey was a very good player for us last season and bringing him back was the right decision at the time, however this season he has been consistently poor, the biggest problem with that is we don't have anyone that is considerably better than him. The pass directly to the Hibs player in the 2nd half was laughably bad and should've seen us concede.

The same Casey who got the winner against Rangers.His form might have been up and down this season but he's far from the only one. Some players are consistently all over the shop. Like Bevis. 

And they seem to get a free pass. We seem to judge some players very harshly and let others off. 

13 minutes ago, Wellin said:

I don't think Davor is bang average. No better than Maguire. Come on. Ridiculous. No wonder people laugh at these boards the shite some people talk. 

And seriously. Give Casey a break. Why would he try to give the opposition goals. 

And relax…

I suspect Dan Casey might be a better player when he's no spent the close season necking pints of Guinness while he's sizing up his options. He's capable at this level for sure but has been up and down all season. 

Davor is fine, he's better than a lot of the shite we've stuck in there in the last few years but he's not a world beater. Happy to have him as a hod carrier for people who are a bit more capable of creating things.

Halliday I'm also happy to hold judgement on til he's had a full pre season. He'd barely kicked a ball in months before turning up in January.

Just now, well fan for life said:

I suspect Dan Casey might be a better player when he's no spent the close season necking pints of Guinness while he's sizing up his options. He's capable at this level for sure but has been up and down all season. 

Davor is fine, he's better than a lot of the shite we've stuck in there in the last few years but he's not a world beater. Happy to have him as a hod carrier for people who are a bit more capable of creating things.

Halliday I'm also happy to hold judgement on til he's had a full pre season. He'd barely kicked a ball in months before turning up in January.

Casey really cares about Motherwell. If anyone speaks to him they'll get that. Agree re Davor and Andy 

9 minutes ago, Wellin said:

The same Casey who got the winner against Rangers.His form might have been up and down this season but he's far from the only one. Some players are consistently all over the shop. Like Bevis. 

And they seem to get a free pass. We seem to judge some players very harshly and let others off. 

One swallow doesn't make a summer...

Bevis isn't good enough either for what it's worth but I don't by any means believe that Mugabi gets an easy ride in our support, quite the opposite in fact.

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer...

Bevis isn't good enough either for what it's worth but I don't by any means believe that Mugabi gets an easy ride in our support, quite the opposite in fact.

I think Bevis gets a very easy ride compared to SOD for example 

7 minutes ago, Wellin said:

I think Bevis gets a very easy ride compared to SOD for example 

Not sure that's true, think there's a noisy minority when it comes to SOD.

On the other hand I think the majority of our support don't particularly rate Mugabi.

1 minute ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Not sure that's true, think there's a noisy minority when it comes to SOD.

On the other hand I think the majority of our support don't particularly rate Mugabi.

A very noisy minority in my view. Hugely noisy. Like booing him when he's coming on the park. Etc. Slagging him all over twitter and forums. Sod has been a very easy target for a long time. 

I don't rate Bevis. But I don't boo him or any other player. 

Edited by Wellin