Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I thought Kelly had one of his better games of the season today, aye. Couple of smart saves and didn't look terrified whenever a cross came in. Also his passing was actually pretty good too. 

31 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

If only Motherwell had spent more on their playing squad and less on their pitch they might’ve made top 6. 

Beautiful surface though guys. 

Still, quite a bit of pressure to overhaul St Mirren and win the Europa Conference League to be able pay off all those debts to attain top 6.

To quote Hannibal from the A Team .... "I love it when a business plan comes together"

Edited by Vietnam91

56 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

If only Motherwell had spent more on their playing squad and less on their pitch they might’ve made top 6. 

Beautiful surface though guys. 

I'd rather have a decent pitch to be fair. And Dundee just scraped top six because of the Motherwell result... No fucks given here. 

4 minutes ago, Wellin said:

I'd rather have a decent pitch to be fair. And Dundee just scraped top six because of the Motherwell result... No fucks given here. 

Clearly not bothered at all. 

I'm willing to judge Halliday after he has a pre-season under his belt. He looks off the pace but he hasn't really played football this season. Like others have said, having some experience around the squad isn't a bad thing to give us cover and options to change things around when needed. 

I quite like Davor but he's absolutely one of those "just go win the ball back and then give it to somebody else" type players. He and Miller can be quite tidy together (hard to judge today as they, along with many others were trying far too hard to force passes that weren't on).

Kelly and Gent were great today.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

In summer my view for the season was survive comfortably, even if in 10th, gut the squad, pay the credit card (several managers and January 2023) and start again from even in 24/25. We'll get that so box ticked, no complaints.

Where the frustration comes in is with Aberdeen and Hibs imploding, there are two utter shiters in the top six and one will get Europe. Had we shot ourselves in the foot just a little less we'd have been right in that mix.

But c'est la vie. For all our improvements and 'likeable' aspects, we're clearly limited as anything. Davor has just been discussed while Bair is only marginally better than when we signed him in situations where he can't run in behind. There's then the defence. And goalkeeper.

And the manager. Who has some major pluses but is the equivalent of a raw teenage player - you can see why he might make it and equally why he might not.

Nonetheless, starting from zero is a much stronger position for 24/25 than our last two seasons. We finally have a CEO and we're finally sorting the strategic direction. As always, there are weaknesses and threats on the horizon but for the first time in over two years the strengths and opportunities are probably greater...it's time to be cautiously optimistic imho.

Whereas there are 6 ‘shiters’ in the bottom half. Not to worry, you’re nearly top of the shiters. Great pitch though. 

35 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Clearly not bothered at all. 

I really don't give a f**k. I've been going to fir park for almost four decades. Do you think I'm going to care that we didn't make top six? I'm not on the Dundee boards being snide to your team 

16 minutes ago, Jastons6 said:

Keeping Miller, Bair and singing Gent would be top of my Summer 'to do list '. It obviously looks like the Blair Spittal ship has sailed. 

How do people feel about Slattery? 

I'd like to see Slats be offered at least another year 

35 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Whereas there are 6 ‘shiters’ in the bottom half. Not to worry, you’re nearly top of the shiters. Great pitch though. 

Why don't you just shove off back to the Dundee forums and celebrate your team getting top six thanks to the Motherwell Hibs result

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Also can we stop hooking Davor as a standard option, we go to pieces every fucking time.

2 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Yip, taking Davor and Vale off every time is getting frustrating.

Vale is being played too wide and too deep. Needs to be right up beside Bair with Spittal in the 10 role behind them. We are taking any Vale goal scoring threat right out the team essentially playing as a second right back.

I mean Vale would have buried that Shaw chance that’s for sure. 

It's amazing how people can see this yet SK insists on his weird 5-2-3 but with two wide players (Vale & Spittal). As you said tuck Spittal in behind and move Vale up front.

Also glad you two appreciate Davor, there's two or three other people who don't seem to.

In addition, Andy Halliday not very good? Quelle surprise!

2 minutes ago, Wellin said:

I'd like to see Slats be offered at least another year 

I'm guessing he will be invited to spend pre season with us and then an informed decision on a contract offer can be made. To be honest I don't even know if he is back training yet ?

Just now, Jastons6 said:

I'm guessing he will be invited to spend pre season with us and then an informed decision on a contract offer can be made. To be honest I don't even know if he is back training yet ?

I would think not given the injury and the operation he had to have 

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

It's amazing how people can see this yet SK insists on his weird 5-2-3 but with two wide players (Vale & Spittal). As you said tuck Spittal in behind and move Vale up front.

Also glad you two appreciate Davor, there's two or three other people who don't seem to.

In addition, Andy Halliday not very good? Quelle surprise!

I think Halliday is a good footballer