Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

54 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

There's one on the BBC as well, albeit much less detailed and less overtly scathing. I notice that no actual journalist has seen fit to put their name to either.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cy08exp197ro

They've just taken the PA story, there's no byline needed for STV or the BBC. Mega hat-tip to McCafferty though, always great to see life in the old agency yet...!

53 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I'm in the same boat, I've tried to be civil on Facebook and on twitter but if after all of the shite we've seen over the last few weeks and months you're still going to vote for this then f**k you. I've got no respect for anyone who is happily jeopardising the future of the club on a whim.

I've just been posting the following:

A few things worth bearing in mind as we all get set to vote:

✅ The vote is about accepting the Barmacks offer, NOT choosing between the Barmacks offer and the Well Society offer.
✅ If we vote against the Barmacks offer, it DOESN'T mean we have to stick with the Society plan. We can still seek other investments.
✅ Some people are not impressed with either offer. That's okay. We can reject the Barmacks offer, continue as we are, and look for new opportunities.
✅ If we vote to accept the Barmacks offer, that's final. We WON'T have another chance to bring in new investment later. We only get to sell half the club once.

It's important to make sure the narrative isn't created that this is a vote for one or the other. It simply isn't the case.

If we all vote to reject Barmack and his sketchy offer, and then in six months a legitimate offer comes from an investment group that knows what it's doing, and is happy to provide a detailed plan of how the proposal benefits both us and them, a conversational will undoubtedly be had. 

For those who don't support the Society plan? That's absolutely fine. But, let's at least wait and see if an offer is posted by a competent and experienced individual or group before we sign away the deeds.

12 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Mega hat-tip to McCafferty though, always great to see life in the old agency yet...!

Cannot stress how much work we've seen from Gav, and a number of others on this in getting the work fucking done on this btw. Incredible.

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Cannot stress how much work we've seen from Gav, and a number of others on this in getting the work fucking done on this btw. Incredible.

It's kind of interesting to me that there has been some really good exposure for the WS side of the argument in the press and media generally throughout this - it's fairly clear that the WS have been better at getting their side out there than the club board or Barmack. There's a decent network of 'Well sympathisers dotted around these days which is a nice thing.

It's getting hard for folk to pretend they aren't aware or don't understand the negatives of the deal too..

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

The Executive Board wish to recognize the article posted on STV News about inconsistencies and in response would like to state that "I know you are but what am I?"

Posted (edited)

I don't know what happens when you get the club tie and key to the executive washroom but Keys and Wilson now joins Lindsay, Caldwell, Feely and Dickie who are all lock stepped and "unanimous" on this. It's almost as if reasonable and astute people walk into the boardroom with a desire to get this through at all costs makes them leave any objectivity or reality at the door.

I haven't ran my own business, worked for a big four accountancy firm, been a member of parliament nor worked for a bank. But even I can see this is a horrendous scheme for only 300k a year.

The prejudice and manoeuvring going on here is really something to behold. The #ABE that we as Scots revel in has been adopted by the leadership of this club as #ABWS and its quite simply wild AF.

Edited by Vietnam91

With all of these so called sucessful businessmen behind this offer, why is it not one of them can articulate the benefits of it in any way? 

Also, Caldwell joining us in the middle of all this, getting added to the board, then voting in favor of it seems fishy, he can f**k off too. 

14 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Also, Caldwell joining us in the middle of all this, getting added to the board, then voting in favor of it seems fishy, he can f**k off too. 

It's never been confirmed that he actually voted as he was just being added as a director at that point IIRC. I took the positive chat about him from the WS recently as them saying "good guy" but who knows

19 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

With all of these so called sucessful businessmen behind this offer, why is it not one of them can articulate the benefits of it in any way? 

To be fair, these so called successful businessmen are the reason we’re seeking external investment in the first place. Their incompetence is only matched by their lack of self awareness.

Aye I’m quite interested to find out what Caldwell’s position is on all this. He’s obviously on the exec board who have  unanimously recommended the WSS proposal, but he joined half way through so no idea if he’s had a say/vote. Any chat from him about fan ownership/TWS seems positive, and TWS have been fairly complimentary about him when he’s been mentioned. Maybe suggests he’s not had a vote or maybe abstained? 

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's never been confirmed that he actually voted as he was just being added as a director at that point IIRC. I took the positive chat about him from the WS recently as them saying "good guy" but who knows

@Vietnam91 mentioned in a message a few days ago that according to Feely the unanimous vote was made by a board of 5 (McMahon, Dickie, Feely, Lindsay and Caldwell) which is really disappointing tbqhwy.

32 minutes ago, dezz said:

Aye I’m quite interested to find out what Caldwell’s position is on all this. He’s obviously on the exec board who have  unanimously recommended the WSS proposal, but he joined half way through so no idea if he’s had a say/vote. Any chat from him about fan ownership/TWS seems positive, and TWS have been fairly complimentary about him when he’s been mentioned. Maybe suggests he’s not had a vote or maybe abstained? 

I think his position would be the major shareholder is voting for this. It isn't really his place to disagree.

On a major issue like this if a CEO actually votes against the board they may expect the CEO to resign.

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm not so sure the two newer guys would have voted.

I specifically asked him if it was a vote of 3 or 5. He confirmed 5. Later on with respect to someone else's questioning he said something along the lines of "I find that hard to believe as Brian is behind this/fully supports it."

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm not so sure the two newer guys would have voted.

If not, it would be remarkably disingenuous of the (rest of) the Board to repeatedly advertise a unanimous vote.

ETA: Given it was 5, as Vietnam91 has just confirmed, what the hell happens if/when the vote doesn't go Wild Sheep's way?

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

11 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I think his position would be the major shareholder is voting for this. It isn't really his place to disagree.

On a major issue like this if a CEO actually votes against the board they may expect the CEO to resign.

I think this is basically what I was trying to say. Rather than not sure they woulda voted.

Given they were just in the door they may have been exempt??? I also wouldn't trust what Feeley says. 

But happy to concede and what Jim's ghost said is more likely.