Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

A fckin dugout at the house!!! WTF.

I have @DerekWatson and @Vietnam91, both showed during the Barmack 'investment' that they are not only passionate about the club and looking after it but they managed to explain so that even I understood what was wrong with the deal.

On the others, I can't vote for the American's (its not the SPL anymore FFS), you can't only join zoom calls. we need people who are relatively local and can attend important meetings.

Following the trend I've set up an X account this morning to try and convey what I'd look to bring to as wide an audience as possible. Not a fan of the platform or its owner but it does offer the easiest opportunity to set up an online catalogue of what you bring to the table.

22 minutes ago, steelmen said:

A fckin dugout at the house!!! WTF.

I have @DerekWatson and @Vietnam91, both showed during the Barmack 'investment' that they are not only passionate about the club and looking after it but they managed to explain so that even I understood what was wrong with the deal.

On the others, I can't vote for the American's (its not the SPL anymore FFS), you can't only join zoom calls. we need people who are relatively local and can attend important meetings.

I agree with all of this although also discounted anyone with the surname "Park".

I have a shortlist of about 6 people for my two remaining votes and that's with a couple still to submit their videos.

I wonder if any of the candidates would have interest in being on the club board rather than the society as we are very short of the 8 (?) people it should consist of

2 hours ago, Gaag97 said:

Good lad. Seems to have a calm head on his shoulders thinking of his future at such a young age - best of luck to him. 

Absolutely and also a Motherwell fan to boot. Always good to check a few of them about the squad. 

12 minutes ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

I agree with all of this although also discounted anyone with the surname "Park".

I have a shortlist of about 6 people for my two remaining votes and that's with a couple still to submit their videos.

I wonder if any of the candidates would have interest in being on the club board rather than the society as we are very short of the 8 (?) people it should consist of

There are certainly a couple of folk from the list who I wondered if they'd be better suited to either the oversight role or narrower focus of the executive (depending on how we decide to progress things) compared to the broader goals of the Society. Which is not to say they couldn't do fine there, just thinking out loud what's the best way to get the most productivity out of as many people willing to contribute as possible.

I do wonder if a little hint has been given to future governance that none of the Society six seem to obviously be angling towards an executive position - which, details tbc, would seem to be a direction i personally approve of, though time will tell.

24 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

There are certainly a couple of folk from the list who I wondered if they'd be better suited to either the oversight role or narrower focus of the executive (depending on how we decide to progress things) compared to the broader goals of the Society. Which is not to say they couldn't do fine there, just thinking out loud what's the best way to get the most productivity out of as many people willing to contribute as possible.

I do wonder if a little hint has been given to future governance that none of the Society six seem to obviously be angling towards an executive position - which, details tbc, would seem to be a direction i personally approve of, though time will tell.

As I'm in the race, no comment on the first bit.

As for the second, I can share from what I know sitting on the governance workstream and not out of place to mention. There is a consensus that those holding posts on the WS board (chair, treasurer, etc) will not serve on the main club board as before. This for no other reason than WS chair and other posts have plenty in their respective remits (and workstreams) to accomplish before adding on the burden of club board duties too. Its simply due to avoid spinning too many plates at once. Quite simply, it should never have got to where it was.

I understand at least three will act as the link between both boards with others being asked to take a position based on expertise, experience and I'd hope an alignment with the fan ownership model.

As to if the club chair comes from among the WS reps or invited I do not know what the feeling on this is at present. The CEO and FD under the AoA can't hold the chair.

One thing is intrinsic going forward, WS reps on the club board should vote after debate and direction from the duly elected WS board.

Edited by Vietnam91

42 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Following the trend I've set up an X account this morning to try and convey what I'd look to bring to as wide an audience as possible. Not a fan of the platform or its owner but it does offer the easiest opportunity to set up an online catalogue of what you bring to the table.

Big fan of the potential of some of these initiatives - definitely worth serious consideration. 

Technically I’m “standing against you” - but the work you have done and the effort you have put into all you do makes me think you (alongside Derek Watson) are two of the more obvious choices for election. 

Thanks especially for the work you have done in recent times - it had a pretty pivotal influence on how I perceived things initially, vs. How I thought about them in the end. 

44 minutes ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

I am not voting for him, I get strong vibes he believes we should have accepted Barmark's offer.

@DerekWatson

Do you know if/when the other videos will be available? Going by the bio's doc it looks like 3 are missing.

i have 3 that I'm voting for, there has been one I have changed my mind about from reading the Bio to watching the video, so it would be good to give the others a chance.

22 minutes ago, Gaag97 said:

Thanks especially for the work you have done in recent times - it had a pretty pivotal influence on how I perceived things initially, vs. How I thought about them in the end. 

Bear in mind I was his personal focus group/sounding board for a number of months and while I insisted he didn't tell me the details of the scheme I knew the direction it was headed on launch day. However, I wasn't prepared for how egregious it was and not going to lie, I was pretty annoyed he appeared to want so much for so little, beyond what he alluded to me.

I was just hotwired that some heavy b/s was coming our way and was prepared.

I have no issue at all with people having their head turned by the potential he may have offered. If that position remained long after 2pm on the 10th of June with the WS rebuttal published in tandem then ... well ... I dunno.

41 minutes ago, steelmen said:

@DerekWatson

Do you know if/when the other videos will be available? Going by the bio's doc it looks like 3 are missing.

i have 3 that I'm voting for, there has been one I have changed my mind about from reading the Bio to watching the video, so it would be good to give the others a chance.

Candidates were given a deadline of noon on Sunday to submit their videos for it going live on Monday. 

That said, it was quite a tight turnaround and people may have personal reasons or so for not getting it in on time. I believe that at least one of those missing has now submitted a video and the others have been asked again they wish to contribute. I think, don't quote me on this, the updated "hustings reel" should be online in the next day or two. Understandably given I'm up for re-election, I've not had anything to do with that side of things. 

More injuries added ahead of Saturday, we must be the league leaders for that? 🔥💪

Blaney added to the out column on the graphic and Miller a doubt. Callachan also out again. 

What is going on? 

Edited by MurrayWell

Blaney will be the 11th and Miller potentially the 12th player to miss a game injured by the second week of August.

Of the seven injuries, five of them are pretty much indefinite.

If it is indeed just "bad luck" at the root of this, we're not half getting a lot of it.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc