Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Tell me more about these "mad banners"

The ones posted outside the Phil O’Donnell Stand after a poor run, think it’s happened a few times now? Is the fact you’ve only taken issue with the last part an indicator that the rest is right? Happy to engage with you. 

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I remember them. I don't remember them being too wild.

'Show some passion for the badge on your chest' or something like that. It was a few days before the Raith game under Hammell

Edited by camer0n_mcd

That section of the support are too often front and centre of matters. We’ve just beaten the established third force in Scotland today, Stuart again doing a fantastic job under difficult circumstances. 

Block E still the main talking point though. 

Just now, Busta Nut said:

You've just joined up to talk about them

I simply wanted to address some of the untruths on the thread in recent days. I don’t see any issue with that?

I was quite clear on the behaviours that I’ve disagreed with in that section of the ground, I’ll happily stand corrected if any of the bits I’ve mentioned are false? At the same time though, I’ve witnessed them and suspect a few key players on here have too.

I think the tone of your opening post decided what kind of responses you would get.

It's also after midnight. The good posters will not be on until tomorrow.

When people are being abused by folk who don’t know them, there’s likely to be a some that will back the cause of the person being disrespected. Some of the chat on here last few days has been vicious and very unjustified. 

While you seem to dislike what I’m posting about, I’ve yet to see you disagree with the points made?

f**k it. I'll pile on the Well Bois. I hate the drum, I hate the constant singing. It is background noise that very often has zero relation to what is happening on the park.

The atmosphere at the Hearts game was one of the best in a long time. It felt more in tune with the game and I think the players responded to it better.

The only thing the yellow jacket Bob is correct about is the twats that think its funny to keep hold of the ball/throw the ball away from a player.  If losing the rest of that group should be giving the boy who does it a whack...  

5 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

f**k it. I'll pile on the Well Bois. I hate the drum, I hate the constant singing. It is background noise that very often has zero relation to what is happening on the park.

The atmosphere at the Hearts game was one of the best in a long time. It felt more in tune with the game and I think the players responded to it better.

I wouldn't do it to pile onto them but I agree the constant singing rather responding to the situation just becomes background...if there's the same monotonous hum whether it's 0-0 and dull versus 2-1 and an epic is on edge with 15 to go, what's the point?

9 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

I'm not sure if we fans are all sugar or all shite or the club is and we're just reflecting that. The optimism/pessimism rollercoaster has already done two full cycles and we're not out of August.

Some fans tbf, a minority at that. The majority were saying wait and see, as I imagine they will soon be again after the high of yesterday wears off.

Lose on Saturday and the minority will no doubt be wanting SK sacked again but even with a loss we'd be considered 'ok' - ie everyone would have taken WLLD for four points with cup progression on top at this stage. Not amazing but with the injuries, not bad either.

Alternatively a positive result (a decent performance in a draw but especially if we can win) might - might - indicate some hope for the season. As glorious as cuffing Hearts is, the style and way we could play isn't representative, nor for obvious reasons is facing 10 men of European Killie.

If we can play with some composure, width, attacking intent etc v a peer who seem to have started ok, and win at a ground where our record is objectively rotten...I might have a wee glance up the table for a day or two before worrying about what's below us again!