Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I wish I'd never suggested it now [emoji4] To be clear - my thought was "keep himself fit enough for emergency cover" and nothing more - but it's a non-starter....

It is annoying as I believe he is still actually our best left-back and it’ll be a big ask to replace him, but don’t think it’s going to be do-able.

While we’re on the subject of Hammell retiring. Who will replace him as our oldest player? And what will be the average age of our squad now?

Must be a helluva lot younger than this time last year!

29 minutes ago, rambunctious said:

It is annoying as I believe he is still actually our best left-back and it’ll be a big ask to replace him, but don’t think it’s going to be do-able.

While we’re on the subject of Hammell retiring. Who will replace him as our oldest player? And what will be the average age of our squad now?

Must be a helluva lot younger than this time last year!

If you believe transfermarkt the average age is 24.9 just now with Hammell included. Take him out and it's 23.72.

That squad includes folk like Luke Watt and Shea Gordon though.

Oldest player is Carson by a month or so over Hartley. Both are 29. Carson's March 5th, Hartley's April 3rd.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/motherwell-fc/startseite/verein/987

Last season shows average age of 24.8 but there are loads of u20s in that list who were either on the bench or got a limited number of minutes (Pain, Hastie, Mackin, Livingstone, Ferguson, McMillan, Gordon, Turnbull, Fry, Thomas, Moore and MacLean) that probably evens out the over 30s crowd like Lasley, Hammell, Pearson, McManus, Samson and McDonald.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/motherwell-fc/startseite/verein/987?saison_id=2016

Edited by capt_oats

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

I wish I'd never suggested it now :) To be clear - my thought was "keep himself fit enough for emergency cover" and nothing more - but it's a non-starter....

That was my understanding, I wasn't aware of any restrictions on a club holding a player's registration to employ his services in an emergency.

The numbers they've pulled on this are absolutely insane given the official account only has 34.3k followers. 

Right now the video itself has had 1.34m views, 24k+ RTs and 40k+ likes. Motherwell FC has been trending in Bangalore, Canada, Mumbai, Malaysia, Singapore, Lagos, Cape Town, Santiago, Norway along with pretty much every major city in the UK.

That's a result, especially as the announcement itself was something we all knew was happening anyway.  It's a loan signing made permanent and the club have got a bit of engagement out it.

For a bit of context the teaser for Taylor Swift's End Game video on her account (85.8m followers) published on Jan 11th has had 1.5m views. So for the Hartley video to be close to that figure inside 6 hours shows the sort of viral reach it's had.

Fair fucks to everyone involved. Outstanding job.

Edited by capt_oats

Absolutely top work by your media team with that video. They deserve a lot if credit for getting something out as good as that on a much smaller budget than Man Utd will have. I'd argue your guys could be the best in the SPFL for social media content right now. 8)

Right now the video itself has had 1.34m views, 24k+ RTs and 40k+ likes. Motherwell FC has been trending in Bangalore, Canada, Mumbai, Malaysia, Singapore, Lagos, Cape Town, Santiago, Norway along with pretty much every major city in the UK.

Are those viewing numbers just for the video on the official club twitter? Or does that include the likes of Bleacher Report, Ladbrokes, Sky Sports etc that have posted it too?

If not, and adding Facebook into the mix, it must easily have over 3m views. Cracking bit of exposure for the club and well deserved for the media guys who do a great job.