Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

56 minutes ago, Swello said:

The split vote scenario is on. KVV will be getting the vote of every Rangers-leaning player in Scottish fitba (big electorate) - and the sellic minded vote will be split in some way :)

Presumably the vote has already happened and these are the top 4.  I really thought he would have missed the boat with his late purple patch but I am delighted for him and yes, the split vote may see him win. 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Presumably the vote has already happened and these are the top 4.  I really thought he would have missed the boat with his late purple patch but I am delighted for him and yes, the split vote may see him win. 

Is right. They know who the winner is right now but it's the whole bit.

I'm currently redoubling my efforts to get an invite again, sitting in the corner lighting flares and banging a drum as he collects it.

23 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Is right. They know who the winner is right now but it's the whole bit.

I'm currently redoubling my efforts to get an invite again, sitting in the corner lighting flares and banging a drum as he collects it.

If you set off a flare expect your front door put in at 6am by Lanarkshire's finest.

6 hours ago, Desp said:

Big can you tweet something like... vibes from that.  Some boy is Kev.

It's the perfect storm for the big man just now and he's a walking self promotion and sales pitch and more power to him. His hottest ever scoring streak, a recent highlights reel of filthy turns and finishes that others in the league couldn't compile in their careers, and on tip of that a plethora of nominations for club and national awards. His stock's never been higher and in his early 30's he's got to take full advantage. Can only imagine his timelines if he actually wins it!!.

He's in the middle of a tweeting frenzy working it to the max, and I hope it helps gets him the move and coin he thoroughly deserves while netting us a tidy profit at the same time.

Top, top boi. We'll miss the big fucker, that's for sure.

When you see KVV so obviously working his ticket like this, you wonder how players can ever get it wrong (Pearson, McDonald to an extent etc). Just immaturity or an slightly different circumstances?

Who knows, it's sadly abundantly clear he's off... pre Celtic I had small hope of retaining him, now it's just enjoying the last few outings.

I doubt he'll get poty but I'd absolutely love it if he does.

A wee bonus about KvV is that he feeds the illusion which exists only in my head that all professional footballers are still much older than me. (I’m 39)

Edited by CoF

11 hours ago, Swello said:

(and one step away from referring to himself in the third person). 

It's all this King Kev talk. One has heard that when one is a member of royalty, one often refers to oneself as one. Personal pronouns are so vulgar and common.

10 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

When you see KVV so obviously working his ticket like this, you wonder how players can ever get it wrong (Pearson, McDonald to an extent etc). Just immaturity or an slightly different circumstances?

I feel like as a club, we're just better at it now as well. The kind of 'vision' of having players knowing they're working their ticket from the moment they're in the front door probably makes it easier to do it on the other end too.

17 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I feel like as a club, we're just better at it now as well. The kind of 'vision' of having players knowing they're working their ticket from the moment they're in the front door probably makes it easier to do it on the other end too.

Definitely this.

The culture around football has obviously changed massively since people were getting bent out of shape over Pearson but the script that Kev's working off in his press conferences now is, I would imagine, pretty much the sales pitch we give players when we're trying to sign them. He's just saying it out loud, to an audience.

We give a platform, if we get an offer that matches our (reasonable) valuation and works for us then we won't stand in anyone's way. The last player to chuck their toys out the pram was probably Marvin - which was right at the start of our leaning into the concept of player trading.